3 hours ago, Timvkampen said:

with GWH's announcement I assume this effort will be ending ?? Maybe AMK sold the work to GWH as too much credit was washed away? Or is GWH a new separate effort? Fascinating times!

By the way: Tomcats remain relevant as Top Gun: Maverick will feature them again... (So, Tomcat 1/32 Tamiya!!!)

It is a separate effort.

Where are they filming Tomcats...Iran?

4 hours ago, Timvkampen said:

with GWH's announcement I assume this effort will be ending ?? Maybe AMK sold the work to GWH as too much credit was washed away? Or is GWH a new separate effort? Fascinating times!

By the way: Tomcats remain relevant as Top Gun: Maverick will feature them again... (So, Tomcat 1/32 Tamiya!!!)

As mentioned GWH is a different kit.

As for the Top Gun movie, I thought the pics shown on line are of Super Hornets in a new scheme? Tomcats in some sort of flashback maybe? CGI then.

4 hours ago, achterkirch said:

They are using a painted up preserved F-14

I don’t know, the canopy looks wrong and the radome is too fat.  I hope the producers fix these glaring errors before the movie is finally released. I have three DVDs on pre-order already. 

🍿  🍿  🍿

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

I don’t know, the canopy looks wrong and the radome is too fat.  I hope the producers fix these glaring errors before the movie is finally released. I have three DVDs on pre-order already. 

🍿  🍿  🍿

it's only an optical illusion, and obviously it is a pre production tomcat. we are on another version now. don't worry it will be the most perfect top gun movie yet.

out by the end of the summer we promise.

Edited by dylan
1 hour ago, dylan said:

it's only an optical illusion, and obviously it is a pre production tomcat. we are on another version now. don't worry it will be the most perfect top gun movie yet.

out by the end of the summer we promise.

S A V A G E......😂

I'm sure Maverick teams up with Goose's son, they go on a mission, get shot down, there's some mission impossible level escape and evasion stuff, they steal a Tomcat and then fly it to a carrier in a daring feat of naval aviation that only Maverick can pull off. 

The plane will be either damaged or poorly maintained, so it won't be able to trap properly, and will have to take the barricade because a main gear won't come down or something. 

Goose's kid and Maverick make amends and finally respect each other, and Maverick's guilty conscience from 1986 will be soothed knowing he saved Goose's son. 

Just...my guess. 

1 hour ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

I'm sure Maverick teams up with Goose's son, they go on a mission, get shot down, there's some mission impossible level escape and evasion stuff, they steal a Tomcat and then fly it to a carrier in a daring feat of naval aviation that only Maverick can pull off. 

The plane will be either damaged or poorly maintained, so it won't be able to trap properly, and will have to take the barricade because a main gear won't come down or something. 

Goose's kid and Maverick make amends and finally respect each other, and Maverick's guilty conscience from 1986 will be soothed knowing he saved Goose's son. 

Just...my guess. 

The only thing missing is the high speed pass on the Admiral's daughter.

4 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Just...my guess. 

2 hours ago, GW8345 said:

The only thing missing is the high speed pass on the Admiral's daughter.

Actually, you are BOTH WRONG. We come to find out that the "high speed pass" was actually on Carole Bradshaw, and that Goose' "son" is actually Maverick's. 

Aaron  

On 5/23/2019 at 7:25 AM, Timvkampen said:

GWH has ****NOTHING**** to do with AMK.  Zero.  Completely unrelated in any way other than that both companies are in China.

7 hours ago, Sleepy said:

GWH has ****NOTHING**** to do with AMK.  Zero.  Completely unrelated in any way other than that both companies are in China.

There is some reasoning behind the idea they were sharing molds. When GHW originally released CAD pictures of their Tomcat, it looked an awful lot like the same design as AMK. The canopy, the spoilers on the wings, and a couple of other areas lead some to think maybe AMK and GHW had collaborated, with AMK releasing the D and GHW releasing the A. 

38 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

GWH says there is no connection, they are bitter rivals, and they have no reason to lie about it.  GWH got a huge laugh out of this when it first surfaced a few weeks ago.  

Bitter rivals? I'm still looking forward to AMK's F-14.

Edited by B.Sin
7 hours ago, Sleepy said:

GWH says there is no connection, they are bitter rivals, and they have no reason to lie about it.  GWH got a huge laugh out of this when it first surfaced a few weeks ago.  

I'm not saying they are connected. I'm simply saying there was a reason people thought they might have been at first. I'm looking forward to two new Tomcat models!

14 hours ago, B.Sin said:

Bitter rivals? I'm still looking forward to AMK's F-14.

Yes.  Bitter rivals.  Fierce competitors.  Doing the same thing hoping to attract more buyers.  And GWH's F-14 will blow AMK's out of the water if for no other reason than their surface detail is probably half as deep and wide as AMK's.

34 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

And GWH's F-14 will blow AMK's out of the water if for no other reason than their surface detail is probably half as deep and wide as AMK's.

Thanks for keeping this thread alive with unsubstantiated claims about unseen kits. After all, this thread would be nothing without rampant speculation....

👍

1 hour ago, Sleepy said:

Yes.  Bitter rivals.  Fierce competitors.  Doing the same thing hoping to attract more buyers.  And GWH's F-14 will blow AMK's out of the water if for no other reason than their surface detail is probably half as deep and wide as AMK's.

I don't see anything wrong with the  panel lines on AMK'S F-14.

But that's just my opinion.

2 hours ago, habu2 said:

Thanks for keeping this thread alive with unsubstantiated claims about unseen kits. After all, this thread would be nothing without rampant speculation....

👍

You’re a freaking idiot.  Try Googling the word “opinion” and tell us what it says.  I have four different AMK kits, and six different GWH kits.  EVERY SINGLE ONE of AMK’s has panel lines wider and deeper (considerably so) than ANY of the GWH kits I own.  But maybe I got oddball kits and all of the AMK kits everybody else has have really fine, petite panel lines.  That must be it.

You people amaze the crap out of me.  

Edited by Sleepy
47 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

Oh, so you have one of the kits in your hands then?  Lucky!

First, in the  above post, are you referring to me as an idiot?    Mr. Sleepy, I don't have one of these kits in my hands, But I have seen the test shots on the Internet.

Don't be a d**k,  were only talking about models here.