18 hours ago, Sleepy said:

You’re a freaking idiot.  Try Googling the word “opinion” and tell us what it says.  I have four different AMK kits, and six different GWH kits.  EVERY SINGLE ONE of AMK’s has panel lines wider and deeper (considerably so) than ANY of the GWH kits I own.  But maybe I got oddball kits and all of the AMK kits everybody else has have really fine, petite panel lines.  That must be it.

You people amaze the crap out of me.  

There's a fine line between having an opinion and being opinionated. Habu 2's post was meant to be light-hearted and fun, not a personal attack. You responded with an extremely negative comment. Why would you call him a "freaking idiot"? That doesn't lend anything constructive to the discussion at hand. Wouldn't it have been better to reply with the second part of your comment (minus the snark and caps), or simply not respond at all if you were upset? Your last comment shows a disregard for wanting to have a civil discussion. It implies that if one doesn't agree with you, they are totally wrong and it boggles your mind how they can't see your view of it. That doesn't make for good discussion. 

I love ARC because it is a fun place to come and discuss things. All views are welcomed, as long as they are done in a civil, polite manner. There are a few on this board that have a hard time with that, but they are given grace for the most part until they cross the line and people get tired of it. I can see that you are relatively new to the forums. We would love to have you be part of the discussions and share your input. However, if you're going to call people idiots just for not agreeing with you, maybe this isn't the best place for you to be. There are many other forums where you can share your opinion in such a manner. I hope you choose to stay, because the more people we have, the more knowledge is shared, and the more everyone learns.

Edited by Darren Roberts

Anyone interested in looking at the real sprues of the AMK F-14 will I am sure be able to do so at the biggest Czech modeling event, the Model Brno 2019 show on 15th June in two weeks time.

It is more productive to carry on with a discussion after people had a look at the plastic parts. But this is only my silly opinion. 

I expect that a similar opportunity will be provided at Brno as was at the Moson show in mid April this year: 

oWgzNmj.jpg  

hU69dpq.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

well the good folks over at Master model posted a couple of shots on their FB page. better shots of the nose and of course it doesn't look like anything has actually been changed. These were from last months Moson show.

61403752_2384353614979312_32021889314036

61596221_2384353668312640_72961019019704

61492497_2384353541645986_53991687875450

4 hours ago, Skull Leader said:

Sooooo nothing. They've changed absolutely nothing.

I really didn't expect them to change anything, seeing the how far they were on development. As I've said before, the kit is what it is. It will probably rank around the number three or four spot, depending on how the GWH kit turns out. A lot depends on what you're looking for in a kit.

35 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

A lot depends on what you're looking for in a kit. 

I look for them to be available for purchase 🤣 in the meantime Tamiya stockist have all my money. Between A's and D's I believe I have about 32 kits. 

Although possibly some of the suggested fixes will not be changed when finally released,  it might also be possible that if that was the case, that fixes aren't being done, we might have seen this kit released sooner.  I can't imagine the frustration for AMK, they had a large supply of decals made for the release, box art done both at a cost with no return on investment, and to run into so many issues getting the kit just right.

23 hours ago, habu2 said:

Thanks for keeping this thread alive with unsubstantiated claims about unseen kits. After all, this thread would be nothing without rampant speculation....

👍

Well, if nothing else, the above separates the kids(probably me, too) from the grown ups. Thank you Darren, Gabor, and habu2.

Edited by IAGeezer
1 hour ago, Jonathan S said:

Although possibly some of the suggested fixes will not be changed when finally released,  it might also be possible that if that was the case, that fixes aren't being done, we might have seen this kit released sooner.  I can't imagine the frustration for AMK, they had a large supply of decals made for the release, box art done both at a cost with no return on investment, and to run into so many issues getting the kit just right.

Yea, it just doesn't make sense that they haven't been working on at least some changes, else why wait so long? Why hasn't the kit been released? Do they think everyone will just forget about the accuracy issues if they wait long enough? That would be a silly marketing decision. As you mentioned, they are getting no return on investment while they sit on whatever stock they have created. Or is everything we've seen just test runs, including decals? I go over to their Facebook page and the their fanboy page regularly to see if they have posted anything, any update. Nothing for a long time now.

To me, its just strange. Oh well... :dontknow:

2 hours ago, viper730 said:

I look for them to be available for purchase 🤣 in the meantime Tamiya stockist have all my money. Between A's and D's I believe I have about 32 kits. 

Can you adopt me?

6 hours ago, viper730 said:

Please stand by 🤣.....Gotta think At this point AMK is maybe shopping the whole project to another company!

Where in the world do you people get the idea that 1). AMK would want to sell the tooling for this to someone else? 2). with all the negative press, that any other company would want this headache? 3). that the fact that AMK is still showing test shots at various shows, means that they do not want to eventually release this (possibly flaws and all) as an AMK kit? 4). that any other company couldn't design their own F-14 if they want one in their catalog, for at least what AMK has into it already, but probably less?

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

Yea, it just doesn't make sense that they haven't been working on at least some changes, else why wait so long? Why hasn't the kit been released? Do they think everyone will just forget about the accuracy issues if they wait long enough? That would be a silly marketing decision. As you mentioned, they are getting no return on investment while they sit on whatever stock they have created. Or is everything we've seen just test runs, including decals? I go over to their Facebook page and the their fanboy page regularly to see if they have posted anything, any update. Nothing for a long time now.

To me, its just strange. Oh well... :dontknow:

AMK stated very long ago that the molding of plastic scale models is not their primary business. I have to think (but it is based on nothing but speculation) that at least some, if not all, of the delay is based on the fact that in order to remain a viable company, they have had to prioritize other business ahead of their scale models, in order to keep money coming in the door.

1 hour ago, madmanrick said:

2). with all the negative press, that any other company would want this headache? 

Like why Chevrolet didn’t buy the Edsel ?

Like why Pepsi didn’t buy New Coke ?

Like why Apple didn’t buy the Samsung Galaxy Note 7 ?

Like why Airbus didn’t buy the Boeing 737 Max ?

I could go on.....  🙈  🙊  🙉

AMK stated very long ago that the molding of plastic scale models is not their primary business. I have to think (but it is based on nothing but speculation) that at least some, if not all, of the delay is based on the fact that in order to remain a viable company, they have had to prioritize other business ahead of their scale models, in order to keep money coming in the door.

Good point. If true, puts them in a difficult position. If they point this out to their fan base they may give the impression that their patient and loyal fans are not that important to their business. If they say nothing, like they are doing now, they make everyone pissed off that they don't care enough to keep them updated. Hmmm, between a rock and a hard place.

9 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Anyone interested in looking at the real sprues of the AMK F-14 will I am sure be able to do so at the biggest Czech modeling event, the Model Brno 2019 show on 15th June in two weeks time.

I expect that a similar opportunity will be provided at Brno as was at the Moson show in mid April this year:

Did you by chance get any pictures of the windscreen at Moson? If not, can somebody attending Model Brno try to get some and share them here?

7 hours ago, dylan said:

well the good folks over at Master model posted a couple of shots on their FB page. better shots of the nose and of course it doesn't look like anything has actually been changed. These were from last months Moson show.

Interesting to finally see the gun side of the fwd fuselage.

I'd point out some issues but this horse is now officially glue. :deadhorse1:

4 hours ago, Jonathan S said:

I can't imagine the frustration for AMK, they had a large supply of decals made for the release, box art done both at a cost with no return on investment, and to run into so many issues getting the kit just right.

Keep in mind that in this case AMK did this to themselves, not to one of their customers (unless you count the hundreds that pre-ordered, many of whom actually forwarded their cash). Also keep in mind that the cost of doing box art/package design and decal artwork is small in comparison to paying for tooling.

I can imagine the frustration...

Final_zpsxm7getwo.jpg

Well there was the HazMAT Models OV-10 Bronco and the Annetra Mi-8/17. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they were stalling the Tomcat again while busy tooling some other kit.

:cheers:

1 hour ago, Zactoman said:

Well there was the HazMAT Models OV-10 Bronco and the Annetra Mi-8/17. It wouldn't surprise me a bit if they were stalling the Tomcat again while busy tooling some other kit.

Sounds like poor or non-existent project management. Allocation of resources, priorities, time utilization. It was brought up by someone else (not sure it it was this thread or another, my brain doesn't work so well anymore), proper project management is what is missing in many companies in the model business.

4 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Did you by chance get any pictures of the windscreen at Moson? If not, can somebody attending Model Brno try to get some and share them here?

Interesting to finally see the gun side of the fwd fuselage.

I'd point out some issues but this horse is now officially glue. :deadhorse1:

Keep in mind that in this case AMK did this to themselves, not to one of their customers (unless you count the hundreds that pre-ordered, many of whom actually forwarded their cash). Also keep in mind that the cost of doing box art/package design and decal artwork is small in comparison to paying for tooling.

I can imagine the frustration...

Final_zpsxm7getwo.jpg

:cheers:

Come on  Chris, tell us what you see  wrong with the gun port side of the  forward fuselage! Please!😁

16 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

There's a fine line between having an opinion and being opinionated. Habu 2's post was meant to be light-hearted and fun, not a personal attack. You responded with an extremely negative comment. Why would you call him a "freaking idiot"? That doesn't lend anything constructive to the discussion at hand. Wouldn't it have been better to reply with the second part of your comment (minus the snark and caps), or simply not respond at all if you were upset? Your last comment shows a disregard for wanting to have a civil discussion. It implies that if one doesn't agree with you, they are totally wrong and it boggles your mind how they can't see your view of it. That doesn't make for good discussion. 

I love ARC because it is a fun place to come and discuss things. All views are welcomed, as long as they are done in a civil, polite manner. There are a few on this board that have a hard time with that, but they are given grace for the most part until they cross the line and people get tired of it. I can see that you are relatively new to the forums. We would love to have you be part of the discussions and share your input. However, if you're going to call people idiots just for not agreeing with you, maybe this isn't the best place for you to be. There are many other forums where you can share your opinion in such a manner. I hope you choose to stay, because the more people we have, the more knowledge is shared, and the more everyone learns.

Now let's all hug.

13 hours ago, Mstor said:

Or is everything we've seen just test runs, including decals?

No such thing as a test run for decals unless the sheet is just printed on a piece of paper. If the sheets shown were screen printed, they were the actual kit sheets in the hundreds, if not low thousands. 

9 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

No such thing as a test run for decals unless the sheet is just printed on a piece of paper. If the sheets shown were screen printed, they were the actual kit sheets in the hundreds, if not low thousands. 

Didn't know that. Thanks.

I just don't understand how no one seems to get worked up about how Sincere Hobby has taken so many people pre-order money an yet does not respond to email requesting refunds or store credit.  That to me is the biggest issue here as AMK can promise anything they want and we're not out any money, but the lack of response from Sincere Hobby is becoming fraudulent.  Or am I the only one not getting replies from Sincere Hobby?