I have plenty of models to build, Im happy to wait for a more accurate kit.  I didnt pre-order, The AMK Mig-31 is an awseome kit, I hope the Tomcat will be awesome too! I really enjoy the upgrades AMK offered for the Foxhound.  I hope AMK takes our advice and makes the changes suggested for accuracy.

6 hours ago, Jonathan S said:

I just don't understand how no one seems to get worked up about how Sincere Hobby has taken so many people pre-order money an yet does not respond to email requesting refunds or store credit.  That to me is the biggest issue here as AMK can promise anything they want and we're not out any money, but the lack of response from Sincere Hobby is becoming fraudulent.  Or am I the only one not getting replies from Sincere Hobby?

Nope.

Several people talk about this in the classic AMK FB page, no answer either.

AMK rep showed up and of course, ignored them.

And yes, it's clearly fraudulent.

7 hours ago, Jonathan S said:

I just don't understand how no one seems to get worked up about how Sincere Hobby has taken so many people pre-order money an yet does not respond to email requesting refunds or store credit.  That to me is the biggest issue here as AMK can promise anything they want and we're not out any money, but the lack of response from Sincere Hobby is becoming fraudulent.  Or am I the only one not getting replies from Sincere Hobby?

have you tried speaking with your credit card company? this thread has ample evidence to prove your claim.  although I would screenshot everything quickly before AMK wises up and deletes all their posts .

9 minutes ago, dylan said:

have you tried speaking with your credit card company? this thread has ample evidence to prove your claim.  although I would screenshot everything quickly before AMK wises up and deletes all their posts . 

Thank you fellow Canadian :-)

My issue isn't with AMK, in fact a part of me still think they will release this kit.  They have issued 5 other kits in the past, had box art and decals made for the F-14.  But Sincere Hobby to ignore any requests for store credit is alarming.

2 hours ago, Rocketdrvr said:

What upgrades did they offer for the Foxhound?

They made an add on set for the original MiG-31 boxing that added some of the upgrades they put in the second boxing.  Mainly metal gear struts, decals for the pink sealant around the canopy glass, and PE seatbelts.

http://dnmodels.com/all/amk-upgrade-set-88003-mig-31/

7 hours ago, Jonathan S said:

Thank you fellow Canadian :-)

My issue isn't with AMK, in fact a part of me still think they will release this kit.  They have issued 5 other kits in the past, had box art and decals made for the F-14.  But Sincere Hobby to ignore any requests for store credit is alarming.

So I had to get in touch with Sincere some time ago as my address changed. It took me a solid 4 or 5 emails before I got a response saying that the change was acknowledged... Persistence may be key here.

And regarding the kit itself. I kind of don't care what's wrong with it anymore, just set mode to full production and send the thing out. The decals look great and there's enough in the box to distract me from a few pitfalls. Seriously, they should just set a cut off date and send the thing off.

The issue is that they've said it will be *THE MOST ACCURATE TOMCAT EVER*...

If it's not, they're liars and their credibility will be in the can. 

Essentially they've set the bar at near impossible levels to hit, and have not only built their own gallows, but set up the rope as well. 

On 5/30/2019 at 9:02 AM, Jonathan S said:

Speaking only for myself and as someone that pre-ordered and pre-paid for two kits from  Sincere Hobby, what can we do? It's obvious that A). Sincere is not at all responsive to customers, B). so much time has elapsed that most/all payment processors are not going to be responsive and C). we have no idea if this kit will or will not see the light of day. So given those things to be accurate (or not), I am going the route of hoping that Sincere honors the pre-orders after all this time. If they do not, I am out $100+. While I am not made of money, $100+ will not impede my ability to support my family, myself or even my hobbies. So rather than gnash my teeth, puff myself up and threaten a foreign company that obviously cares not one iota about me, my business or my thoughts, I am just going to go with the flow as it appears to be going. I will either get two kits or I will not, c'est la vie!

As far as the conduct of Sincere being fraudulent, good luck trying to sue a Chinese company IN China, for what $100+? Ever heard of a wish sandwich? Well, that's about what you'll get, if that.

This debacle has changed MY behavior in key ways. I will never pre-order a kit again (or possibly anything). I will also never send Sincere Hobby another dollar of my money, even though I had done business with them prior to this incident, with good success. This whole debacle was entirely avoidable on their part and they should have refunded the money by now, to everyone who pre-ordered this kit, period. So lessons learned, diary entry written.

Edited by madmanrick

I got my preorder at HobbyEasy store and as far as I know those guys I shouldn't have any problem to get my money back if I want it.

But I don't think it is neccessary.

I know AMK will launch their F-14D some day, I don't think they are going to deceive me or any other proerder customer.

The only annoying thing is their silence. Even this long period of time I am waiting for my proerder would be acceptable if they say something.

But ok, I am going to wait for my kit and I do believe I will get it. Someday.
I don't want my money back, I just want my kit.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/29/2019 at 10:07 AM, ya-gabor said:

Anyone interested in looking at the real sprues of the AMK F-14 will I am sure be able to do so at the biggest Czech modeling event, the Model Brno 2019 show on 15th June in two weeks time.

It is more productive to carry on with a discussion after people had a look at the plastic parts. But this is only my silly opinion. 

I expect that a similar opportunity will be provided at Brno as was at the Moson show in mid April this year: 

oWgzNmj.jpg  

hU69dpq.jpg

Best regards

Gabor

Hello Gabor, did AMK have test shots at this show? Do you or anyone else have any information?

Brad

4 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Hi Brad,

Yes the parts were on show for anyone who is REALLY interested in what it looks like.

Best regards

Gabor

Gabor, were you their, did you see the parts? If so, did you take

pictures?

Edited by B.Sin
25 minutes ago, B.Sin said:

Gabor, were you their, did you see the parts? If so, did you take

pictures?

The same parts as at Moson were shown. I asked visitors as I had to cancel the visit a day before the event. So obviously did not take any new pictures.

Best regards

Gabor

2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

The same parts as at Moson were shown. I asked visitors as I had to cancel the visit a day before the event. So obviously did not take any new pictures.

Best regards

Gabor

Thank you Gabor. 

1 hour ago, dylan said:

I never noticed how shallow those step recesses were.

Look too shallow, if one wants to be picky about it. :whistle:

IMG_7266_zpsb6khenzm

Yes, I know its an "A" version. To my knowledge, the steps didn't change between versions.