3 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Didn't they already release one using the HobbyBoss kit? Or was it the Academy?

A few years ago they released a 'Danger Zone' Limited Edition re-boxing of the Hobbyboss 1/48 F-14A, with some resin and photo-etch extras. Some nice decal options in there too.

https://www.eduard.com/Eduard/Danger-Zone-1-48.html?cur=2&listtype=search&searchparam=Danger Zone

On 6/19/2019 at 11:13 PM, Darren Roberts said:

The step wells in the Tamiya kit are almost the exact same depth as on the AMK kit! Go back and look at the picture of the VF-1 jet. The wells are deeper than on the Tamiya kit. There's also the panel line running just below the canopy sill on the Tamiya kit that you pointed out shouldn't be there. I could literally make many of the same claims about the Tamiya kit from this picture that you made about the AMK kit. 

- step wells too shallow

- engraved line that's invisible on the real thing

This line is visible on the Tamiya kit because the builder put some grey/black panel line wash, it´s barely visible under the decal, on a studio macro photo.

Look one more time at the AMK kit, the line is clearly visible, on a pretty bad shot, visible too in the unfocused part of the shot.

How do you think this line will look on a studio macro shoot?

- soft detail in the cockpit

- fictional detail on the instrument and side panels

- ejection/face curtain handles too thick/out of scale

- no detail in the ladder bay

- no throttle

- canvas shroud covers lack detail/unrealistic

Yes, some features of the tamiya kit are not at the top, thing is it´s not a topic about the Tamiya kit here.

Here's the deal. It's fine if you don't like AMK or their Tomcat. But at least be unbiased in your assessment if you're going to list things about it. The fact that you said the Tamiya step wells were plenty deep and the AMK were too shallow when they are almost identical shows the bias you have. Many people find AMK kits to be very nice, so they must be doing something right. Here's an exercise I'd like you try. You listed a string of negatives about the AMK kit. Find three to five positive aspects of the kit. That will create a much more balanced critique.

What kind of twisted logic is here?

So about a kit 2 or 3 years late, with all the drama we saw here, this topic just changes in a AMK support group, where people must " Find three to five positive aspects of the kit"?

We don´t need balanced critique,

we need info,

we need photos,

we need proven points.

"Most accurate" kit I expected to be most accurate, not "same as most accurate" F-14 on the market.

However, this will be judged by us, modellers, when we can finally start to build it. Thus I just want it to be out, whether good or not, just be it.

Edited by Tapchan
4 hours ago, shion said:

This line is visible on the Tamiya kit because the builder put some grey/black panel line wash, it´s barely visible under the decal, on a studio macro photo.

Look one more time at the AMK kit, the line is clearly visible, on a pretty bad shot, visible too in the unfocused part of the shot.

How do you think this line will look on a studio macro shoot?

Yes, some features of the tamiya kit are not at the top, thing is it´s not a topic about the Tamiya kit here.

What kind of twisted logic is here?

So about a kit 2 or 3 years late, with all the drama we saw here, this topic just changes in a AMK support group, where people must " Find three to five positive aspects of the kit"?

We don´t need balanced critique,

we need info,

we need photos,

we need proven points.

The "twisted logic" I offer is called rational thinking. I'm just trying to understand how a piece of plastic can illicit such strong emotions. We don't "need" info. We don't "need" photos. We don't "need" proven points. As participants in a hobby, we would like to have these things. But the world won't come crashing down if they aren't supplied. The world also won't come crashing down if AMK doesn't even release the kit. On the flip side, global warming won't suddenly be solved if they DO release it. At the end of the day, it's a toy that only affects your life, positively or negatively, if you let it. The AMK F-14 doesn't matter one bit to what's really important in life. That's the bottom line. As my dad used to say if I didn't like something: build a bridge and get over it. 😊

1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

The "twisted logic" I offer is called rational thinking. I'm just trying to understand how a piece of plastic can illicit such strong emotions. We don't "need" info. We don't "need" photos. We don't "need" proven points. As participants in a hobby, we would like to have these things. But the world won't come crashing down if they aren't supplied. The world also won't come crashing down if AMK doesn't even release the kit. On the flip side, global warming won't suddenly be solved if they DO release it. At the end of the day, it's a toy that only affects your life, positively or negatively, if you let it. The AMK F-14 doesn't matter one bit to what's really important in life. That's the bottom line. As my dad used to say if I didn't like something: build a bridge and get over it. 😊

This topic is about a kit or something which is supposed to be a kit one day.

Vast majority of your posts aren´t about the kit, they´re about people who talk here about this kit.

Let us say it straight: people don´t care  about your feelings.

Give us photos, drawings, kit analysis, it´s the kind of things which matters here. 

You can talk about global warming and whatever you want, you´re just losing your time, it will not prevent people from talking about the AMK tomcat in the AMK Tomcat topic. 

2 hours ago, shion said:

This topic is about a kit or something which is supposed to be a kit one day.

Vast majority of your posts aren´t about the kit, they´re about people who talk here about this kit.

Let us say it straight: people don´t care  about your feelings.

Give us photos, drawings, kit analysis, it´s the kind of things which matters here. 

You can talk about global warming and whatever you want, you´re just losing your time, it will not prevent people from talking about the AMK tomcat in the AMK Tomcat topic. 

Fair enough. I wish you the best and hope you have an enjoyable time building models. For the record, I was never trying to get anyone to stop talking about the AMK kit.

Deep dish or thin crust? Cause Domino's thin crust is totally not accurate. The side walls are too tall and the cut marks are barely enough to break the bottom. Tony's is by far the most accurate thin crust pizza for the money. Deep dish? Nobody wants yet another deep dish. I don't know why companies keep offering them when there are so many on the market.:beer4:

On 6/19/2019 at 5:13 PM, Darren Roberts said:

The step wells in the Tamiya kit are almost the exact same depth as on the AMK kit! Go back and look at the picture of the VF-1 jet. The wells are deeper than on the Tamiya kit. There's also the panel line running just below the canopy sill on the Tamiya kit that you pointed out shouldn't be there. I could literally make many of the same claims about the Tamiya kit from this picture that you made about the AMK kit. 

- step wells too shallow

- engraved line that's invisible on the real thing

- soft detail in the cockpit

- fictional detail on the instrument and side panels

- ejection/face curtain handles too thick/out of scale

- no detail in the ladder bay

- no throttle

- canvas shroud covers lack detail/unrealistic

Here's the deal. It's fine if you don't like AMK or their Tomcat. But at least be unbiased in your assessment if you're going to list things about it. The fact that you said the Tamiya step wells were plenty deep and the AMK were too shallow when they are almost identical shows the bias you have. Many people find AMK kits to be very nice, so they must be doing something right. Here's an exercise I'd like you try. You listed a string of negatives about the AMK kit. Find three to five positive aspects of the kit. That will create a much more balanced critique.

X1

1 hour ago, ChesshireCat said:

Where is the anti political police? Global warming is pure politics

Do you realize how many BTUs / kiloJoules it takes to cook a pizza?  And how many pizzas are cooked every day?  Every year?  This massive energy consumption just to "fuel" our pizza consumption is proof positive that pizza is melting the polar ice caps and raising sea levels.  Pizza crust will be the end of the earth's crust.

Oh, and the earth is flat - just like pizza, and just like pizza boxes.  Coincidence?  I Think Not.

11 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Do you realize how many BTUs / kiloJoules it takes to cook a pizza?  And how many pizzas are cooked every day?  Every year?  This massive energy consumption just to "fuel" our pizza consumption is proof positive that pizza is melting the polar ice caps and raising sea levels.  Pizza crust will be the end of the earth's crust.

Oh, and the earth is flat - just like pizza, and just like pizza boxes.  Coincidence?  I Think Not.

The Earth is definitely not flat!

I can prove it.  If the Earth was flat, cats would have pushed everything off of it by now!

1 hour ago, dylan said:

mmmm pizza. best thin crust is gondola pizza in Winnipeg.

and also HAPPY 4 YEAR ANNIVERSARY EVERYONE. 

Thin crust, the only real pizza there is.

BTW, Flickr got on my case today because I was putting copyrighted material in my photostream. Had to delete it all, so most of the links to pics I have posted are now broken. Sorry. I should have known better.

51 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Thin crust, the only real pizza there is.

BTW, Flickr got on my case today because I was putting copyrighted material in my photostream. Had to delete it all, so most of the links to pics I have posted are now broken. Sorry. I should have known better.

smugmug is the way to go for photo hosting. $40 a year, worth every penny