38 minutes ago, erik_g said:

I think you have a poor understanding of what this hobby is about. 

The kit comes as separate parts, the meaning is that you ASSEMBLE the kit piece by piece! 

😛

😄😁🙄

Thihihihi, I was just accidently reading the first page of this thread without noticing that it was the first page from 2015.

I was like: Holy Schnitzel they finally did it. Then I realized that all those comments just sound way too nice. Whoops than it dawned on me. hihihihi

Just now, bushande said:

Thihihihi, I was just accidently reading the first page of this thread without noticing that it was the first page from 2015.

I was like: Holy Schnitzel they finally did it. Then I realized that all those comments just sound way too nice. Whoops than it dawned on me. hihihihi

Welcome to 2019....   :cheers:

1 hour ago, flanker27 said:

Looks like a bunch of drug dealers meeting in a hotel room 😁

"Oooo this is good sh*t man !"

Edited by Laurent

Photos look interesting. Someone built the kit and looks like they gave it a coat of paint or primer. Looks pretty much straight OOB without much sanding of parts. Lots of detail, some problems with mold lines on the fuselage from the slide molds. Some fit issues at the aft fuselage. Doesn't look like they did much in the way of correcting the shape of the aft. Canopy looks good with what I assume is the separate frame and clear part. Some minor flash on a few parts. Not Tamiya quality but all in all not a bad effort. Not the be all and end all, most accurate F-14 kit ever. Wonder if it is going to ship anytime soon?

Edited by Mstor
2 hours ago, Vaildog said:

I don’t see a separate canopy frame  and clear part in the sample model

The pic of the canopy shows the frame part still attached to the sprue and the clear part attached to it. Since the frame is still attached to the sprue, which is grey plastic, it cannot be the one piece all clear plastic canopy, which they have a picture of too. The picture just before the separate frame version shows the frame alone resting on the front fuselage section. Links below:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=205068763791102&set=pcb.1328867700596480&type=3&theater&ifg=1

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=205068743791104&set=pcb.1328867700596480&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Clear plastic version:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=205068303791148&set=pcb.1328867700596480&type=3&theater&ifg=1

Don't know what you will see in these links if you don't have a Facebook account.

2 hours ago, Solo said:

I don't know… But I think I dont't like this Tomcat, it looks a little coarse for me.

Coarse? Not sure what that means. Do you mean crude, unrefined, lacking in sophistication? A somewhat ambiguous comment. Could you site examples of what you find coarse? Not trying to be overly critical, just curious as to what you mean. I have a, I think, similar feeling about it. Some of the molding, while very detailed, looks kind of crude. Heavy mold lines remind me of much older kits or limited run kits. Many parts look like they need a lot of cleanup before I would use them.

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

Coarse? Not sure what that means. Do you mean crude, unrefined, lacking in sophistication?

Yes, you are right, those are much better phrases.

Tamiya's F-14 is just very spohisticated set, with beautiful, very fine and crisp details and panel lines.

AMK's one on those pictures very differs from that, looks jut like poor cousin of Japan masterpiece.

I only hope those are just only pictures and real model will be much more similar to Tamiya's one.

If not, AMK will really dissapoint me.

There's something about the blast port that looks off, like it's too high up on the airframe, that it does not line up with the bulge on the gun panel.

And agree with Solo, the overall model doesn't look "crisp", the cockpit/seats look crude.

Just my $.02, ymmv