3 hours ago, Solo said:

Is it difficult to make F-14B from F-14D kit?

Different Instrument Panels and different Ejection seats. No evidence of glove vanes. Is just of the top of my head.

You would also need those antenna strange bulges on the front leading edge next to the intakes (inheritance form the A airframes as far as I know), the main and easiest visual differentiation between the B and the D.

Best regards

Gabor

On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:55 AM, Solo said:

Is it difficult to make F-14B from F-14D kit?

I converted my Tamiya F-14D kit into a B using Steel Beach parts. Ejection seats, TCS pod, ECM antennas, and RIO instrument panel. It wasn't a difficult task at all.

I ordered the trees from Tamiya from the A kit to convert the D to a B. I acquired the A seats from someone here on ARC in the spares section and ordered the Quickboost TCM pod. Not sure if I have the ECM blisters that go on the fuselage next to the forward intakes, but I believe I have them in a steal beach set.

6 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

I ordered the trees from Tamiya from the A kit to convert the D to a B. I acquired the A seats from someone here on ARC in the spares section and ordered the Quickboost TCM pod. Not sure if I have the ECM blisters that go on the fuselage next to the forward intakes, but I believe I have them in a steal beach set.

They are also available separately.

ECM blisters

I actually have a B conversion almost ready to go. It will have everything you need, including a PTID screen.

1 hour ago, B.Sin said:

I'm still not convinced the rear end is  totally  Incorrect.

Brad, do you think the rear end on this kit is too big (or complex) for somebody to come out with an aftermarket correction set soon after the AMK kit is finally released, like Hypersonic Models did with the Zoukei-Mura Phantom kits?

The incorrect rear end is about the only issue which puts me off buying this kit so far.

13 minutes ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Brad, do you think the rear end on this kit is too big (or complex) for somebody to come out with an aftermarket correction set soon after the AMK kit is finally released, like Hypersonic Models did with the Zoukei-Mura Phantom kits?

The incorrect rear end is about the only issue which puts me off buying this kit so far.

There is always the GWH kit.

2 hours ago, B.Sin said:

I'm still not convinced the rear end is  totally  Incorrect.

I think the wing seal bladder is part of the issue. With the wings swept back, I think it will look better. Maybe a replacement bladder would solve some of the issues.

1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

I think the wing seal bladder is part of the issue. With the wings swept back, I think it will look better. Maybe a replacement bladder would solve some of the issues.

For many the whole point of this kit was to have the wings forward and everything hanging out :-) . For wings back - why not Tamiya?   

I'd like to see the other side of the nose as well...

Edited by a4s4eva

Hrrrrrpppffffmmmmm ..... 😟

it is what it is.

Maybe some time in the future the kit will be obsolete (for the then "Tomcat to end all Tomcats"😬 ) and will be available for 20 bugs. Then I'll definitely go for it.

Edited by bushande
9 hours ago, a4s4eva said:

For many the whole point of this kit was to have the wings forward and everything hanging out 🙂 . For wings back - why not Tamiya?   

I'd like to see the other side of the nose as well...

You're definitely correct that that's the main draw to this kit. I think maybe if there was an aftermarket bladder, it might help the shape for those that want a dirty wing. I'm hoping the fit is good. So far Tamiya has been the only Tomcat kit I haven't had to battle into submission, although I haven't built the HB kit yet.

16 hours ago, bushande said:

Maybe some time in the future the kit will be obsolete (for the then "Tomcat to end all Tomcats"😬 ) and will be available for 20 bugs. Then I'll definitely go for it.

Great Wall has a kit coming.  My bet is that it will definitely one-up the AMK kit - assuming the AMK kit ever even comes to market.  If for no other reason that GWH’s surface detail is an order of magnitude finer than the rather coarse surface detail that AMK kits have.