6 hours ago, Mstor said:

Oh, I love Mila Jovovich. :clap2:

Ah, a man with very good taste!

5 hours ago, goondman said:

She's actually the distributor for AMK in Racoon City. It used to be Umbrella, but we all know what happened with them

:rofl:Yes, it happened that even the undead refused to accept a cat with such fat hips, hence Umbrella Corp decided to nuke the whole city and go after the underachieving distributor for retaliation.

9 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Ah, a man with very good taste!

:rofl:Yes, it happened that even the undead refused to accept a cat with such fat hips, hence Umbrella Corp decided to nuke the whole city and go after the underachieving distributor for retaliation.

Lololololol, yes even zombies have standards 

14 hours ago, Keroburner89 said:

Kind of doesn't make sense. 'Must be submitted to event day and event location before 11am' but 'Finished F-14D will be yours after the event"... So you'll get one before entering, and you also get to take your own build home?? 

Wish they'd just be straight up. It's really not that hard to be accountable...  

Addendum to the above: just checked Facebook. 'A date will be confirmed to public this month. Date for shipping is being sent to distributors now'. 

The weird business practices continues. Sending test shots to a handful of Malaysian fans. For a build contest organized by said fans. Huh? Meanwhile people pre-paid 2+ years ago. Then a guy on FB tells me that they are "working on the box art." Don't know how he knows that, but wasn't the box art already finished? They are beginning to sound like kids explaining to their teacher why they didn't finish their homework.

Wonder what shipping date they are sending to distributors? 

Edited by sierrascale
more stuff
8 hours ago, sierrascale said:

The weird business practices continues. Sending test shots to a handful of Malaysian fans. For a build contest organized by said fans. Huh? Meanwhile people pre-paid 2+ years ago. Then a guy on FB tells me that they are "working on the box art." Don't know how he knows that, but wasn't the box art already finished? They are beginning to sound like kids explaining to their teacher why they didn't finish their homework.

Wonder what shipping date they are sending to distributors? 

It looks like they engage cannon fodder.

They ´d already threw some of their previous "experts" under the bus recently.

Now, when pictures of built kits will emerge, I doubt they´ll take responsibility.

If they have kits available for a build-off, then why are they bothering with this circle-jerk when they could be shipping kits to people who have been on the hook for a pre-order? Sio, how did you guys possibly think this would be seen as a good thing?

You missed your window for showmanship, SHIP THE KITS.

2 hours ago, PouK9 said:

It seems like AMK waits for this tread to reach 200 pages to set the modelling hype record. Get on it, gents and ladies 🙂

We're working as hard as we can. Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor not a press release agent. (those that know that reference win today's prize.)

3 hours ago, Mstor said:

We're working as hard as we can. Damn it Jim, I'm a doctor not a press release agent. (those that know that reference win today's prize.)

Try to sort that phrase to the right object: "He's dead Jim." 😬

So what do I get as today's prize? is it an AMK F-14D huh? huh?? huuuuhhh???😁

(If so, just keep it hihihihi)

Edited by bushande
39 minutes ago, bushande said:

So what do I get as today's prize? is it an AMK F-14D huh? huh?? huuuuhhh???😁

You guessed it! You get your very own AMK F-14D Tomcat kit (this offer void in space-time continuums with less than 14 dimensions, this offer in no way implies the existence of said Tomcat kit in this or any other continuum)

8 hours ago, PouK9 said:

It seems like AMK waits for this tread to reach 200 pages to set the modelling hype record. Get on it, gents and ladies 🙂

The kit will be released when the page count hits 500.  And not a minute sooner.

6 hours ago, Mstor said:

Well, Dr McCoy, they are certainly not business people. I wish I had a F-14 for every bizarre promotional scheme they've come up with. Pre-orders, freebies, contests, delays, empty promises.

3 hours ago, sierrascale said:

BTW, if you go to their FB page, The Official AMK (Avantgarde) Fan Club, be warned that the modelers who are organizing the so-called "contest" are basically attacking anyone standing in their way of getting a free Tomcat.

Oh man, we've got nothing that compares to what I just read over there. Makes us look like a bunch of grade preschoolers arguing about crayon colors. Wow. :OMG-OMG::wmsmiley-poop-hits-the-fan:

59 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Oh man, we've got nothing that compares to what I just read over there. Makes us look like a bunch of grade preschoolers arguing about crayon colors. Wow. :OMG-OMG::wmsmiley-poop-hits-the-fan:

I miss all the fun

5 hours ago, sierrascale said:

BTW, if you go to their FB page, The Official AMK (Avantgarde) Fan Club, be warned that the modelers who are organizing the so-called "contest" are basically attacking anyone standing in their way of getting a free Tomcat.

Wow... this AMK-soap opera has gone all the way down, rock bottom. I think there's nothing which could make it go deeper and deeper into their own scheiße.

It'll go down in history as the worst manufacturer project campaign whatever... Even our kids will remember about it.

What a shame

OK I was let back in the AMK fan club. (for now anyway)

that was entertaining and a little sad. there are the same white knights defending AMK's lousy business practices, and attacking this very thread. apparently using paint to illustrate the major and obvious flaws in the kit is bad somehow?  I got a chuckle out of the whole thing.

my favorite part:

JB: shut up

AV: no you shut up

classic

31 minutes ago, dylan said:

OK I was let back in the AMK fan club. (for now anyway)

that was entertaining and a little sad. there are the same white knights defending AMK's lousy business practices, and attacking this very thread. apparently using paint to illustrate the major and obvious flaws in the kit is bad somehow?  I got a chuckle out of the whole thing.

my favorite part:

JB: shut up

AV: no you shut up

classic

I think my favorite part is where I pointed out that people were upset for AMK lying and not making any changes to the kit, and then being told to shut up. Oh and that 10,000 kits are going to be issued?

LOL! 

Maybe 10, not 10,000.