AMK stated that they will start shipping kits "by the end of the month", it's rather obvious that they arrive somewhere at the beginning of next month. I suppose that maybe indiegogo kits will be prepared and shipped earlier, directly from AMK. Plus they are smaller numbers thus easier to prepare unlike bigger batches for vendors and also would be kind of apology for long wait.

1 hour ago, Tapchan said:

AMK stated that they will start shipping kits "by the end of the month", it's rather obvious that they arrive somewhere at the beginning of next month. I suppose that maybe indiegogo kits will be prepared and shipped earlier, directly from AMK. Plus they are smaller numbers thus easier to prepare unlike bigger batches for vendors and also would be kind of apology for long wait.

Someone receiving a kit sooner than someone else isn’t an apology to anyone.

Actually, people who DONATED through indiegogo were risking more than those who only paid i.e. €10 for preorder and could always cancel it. So if I make the decision I'd take care of them with priority. English is not my native language so I may not express myself just exactly as I wish - perhaps "apology" is not correct word.

Edit.

Of course I also think that couple of days of priority is not adequate to make those who donated trust and money forget about 1,5 year of anxiety "if the kit will ever appear/is the money lost". 

Edited by Tapchan
7 hours ago, habu2 said:

Have 195 pages taught us nothing?  Search this thread for "hobbyeasy" and "hobby easy" and see how many times HE has given bogus availability dates over the past few years.

HobbyEasy wasn't giving "bogus" dates, they were merely updating the date as time went by to keep their preorder entry active. I don't think they were trying to fool anyone. Other sites do the same thing.

1 minute ago, Mstor said:

HobbyEasy wasn't giving "bogus" dates, they were merely updating the date as time went by to keep their preorder entry active. I don't think they were trying to fool anyone. Other sites do the same thing.

My point was that people here kept quoting those dates as if they were real and hard availability dates. 

The kit will be released when the kit is released. Hobby Easy doesn’t know when that is, Moai Vincent doesn’t know when that is, I don’t think even AMK knows the real date. 

Que será, será 
Whatever will be, will be 
The future's not ours to see

2 minutes ago, habu2 said:

My point was that people here kept quoting those dates as if they were real and hard availability dates. 

The kit will be released when the kit is released. Hobby Easy doesn’t know when that is, Moai Vincent doesn’t know when that is, I don’t think even AMK knows the real date. 

Que será, será 
Whatever will be, will be 
The future's not ours to see

Very true :thumbsup:

At this point it is obvious that no one posting on this thread had laid hands or eyes (or calipers) on the actual kit and their comments are based solely on photographs posted from a variety of sources. 

10 minutes ago, habu2 said:

At this point it is obvious that no one posting on this thread had laid hands or eyes (or calipers) on the actual kit and their comments are based solely on photographs posted from a variety of sources. 

Its been that way for 194 pages........

I'm really tempted to go ahead and get one or two while the pre-order option is available and the kit is supposedly going to start shipping in a couple weeks. On the flip side I feel more comfortable in just spending an extra $20-30 and buying more Tamiya F-14Ds since we already know the accuracies and very few deficiencies of that kit.

I still think we should buy one even just for intellectual curiosity and even if it's going to stay unbuilt.   As kit collectors  (I guess all modellers are) you'll be owning a piece of history -- the most controversial F-14 kit ever produced.  That's a great conversational piece right there.  Once the kits are gone missing out will leave you wondering forever what the kit would have been like -- the slide-molded forward fuselage and weapons sets, the decals, the dirty wings and other firsts. There will always be someone in the future who will want to take the kit off your hands for these features despite the kit's warts should you want to sell.  It's a limited run so it's a great inestment. Regarding the wait,  from what's going on in their facebook page it hasn't felt more like the release is really happening.  And we've waited years so a couple months more shouldn't matter.

7 hours ago, habu2 said:

AMK is unable to provide decent pics of the sprues since 2018,

unable to provide decent pics of a built kit since 2018,

unable to provide decents CAD pics since 2017,

although they claimed to make/have made the most accurate tomcat ever.

If you make the best tomcat kit, built it, show it, it will sell.

That´s what Tamiya did and still do.

Now we just have to wait honest reviews of this kit.

1 hour ago, crackerjazz said:

As kit collectors  (I guess all modellers are) you'll be owning a piece of history -- the most controversial F-14 kit ever produced.

This kit is not controversial, the controversial is the way how it was designed and manufactured. This kit can be good, bad or just average, that is all.I do believe this is really good kit, I don't care those rumours regarding hips or anythhing like this.

This is Tomcat model and it looks like Tomcat, that is enough for me.

I know Tamiya is now, and will be for very long time (considering forthcoming GWH kit) the best Tomcat kit in any scale, but probably AMK kit will hold second place.

This is enought for me, I bought this kit and not going back, mayby even I am going to make it, who knows… 🙂 

I emailed Hobbyeasy to ask if I pre-ordered it is the weapon set still included.  They said yes but it would not be for much longer.

"Hi,
yes, please. But we will stop offer bonus set very soon.
regards,
daniel"

I like the looks of the weapons set and I figured what the hell.  I really like they way AMK does the cockpit and even though this has been going on forever I like supporting new companies.
I didn't need another PZIV or Leopard II but I picked up the Border kits, I'll do the same for AMK.
Edited by Grindcore
6 minutes ago, Grindcore said:

I emailed Hobbyeasy to ask if I pre-ordered it is the weapon set still included.  They said yes but it would not be for much longer.

Today they wrote me both F-14D kit and weapon set will be dispatched to customer in one package.

2 hours ago, Solo said:

This kit is not controversial, the controversial is the way how it was designed and manufactured. This kit can be good, bad or just average, that is all.I do believe this is really good kit, I don't care those rumours regarding hips or anythhing like this.

This is Tomcat model and it looks like Tomcat, that is enough for me.

I know Tamiya is now, and will be for very long time (considering forthcoming GWH kit) the best Tomcat kit in any scale, but probably AMK kit will hold second place.

This is enought for me, I bought this kit and not going back, mayby even I am going to make it, who knows… 🙂 

I think one of the other "controversial" things about this is the way people have been acting towards one another over this kit. I'll freely admit that I'm included in that. But I think some would be better off thinking about if they've been critical of a plastic kit and/or a companies policies (which in my opinion it is perfectly acceptable to question such things) or if they've been critical of other individual's because of their stance on the kit. Like it don't like, love it, hate it...whatever...But why attack those that are on the other side? Stick to attacking and/or praising the kit and company. Attacking the people that have concerns or attacking the people that could care less about those concerns is not the best image of what this hobby should be. I believe one former member who shall remain nameless use to put it this way "attack the plastic not the person". I think that's sound advice in general.

I might actually buy this kit despite it's issues. I really see it as a look into what the future of mold making can be and might end up being. I like how they've taken risks on certain things like the canopy but also provide a traditional canopy for those that aren't interested in their approach. To me, THAT is how you push the industry. The front of the fuse section...another great idea that may take off. I find it interesting in many ways.

Edited by niart17