According to his profile, SIO was here 18 hours ago. So it seems that he IS watching this thread.

SIO profile...

Maybe he will have second thoughts and make mold changes to fix these problems before releasing the next Tomcat version? Wishful thinking?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

19 hours ago, ChernayaAkula said:

Would you kindly retract that part about the mentally ill? 

Thank you.

Forgive the off topic comment, but why? It is pretty obvious the context of that comment was in no way referring to those with a disability of any sort. 

Back to the kit. May not get the F-14 (not sure either way), but am definitely looking forward to picking up an ordnance set or two!

I also count on it. If he admits there is a mistake and is going to try to fix it then I'd even buy D version to support AMK. But if other versions will be released with no rework then... well, I just finished HB F-14, can deal with another one. Still would like to try this fitting and all that AMK has came up with tho. 

12 minutes ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

No hay descripción de la foto disponible.

That's quite a big gap.

The difference in width nearly double when the section approaches the wing.

So we finally know, It's not the fact the aft is too wide, it's the wing section which is too narrow and curves too much.

29 minutes ago, shion said:

That's quite a big gap.

So we finally know, It's not the fact the aft is too wide, it's the wing section which is too narrow and curves too much.

?

What are you talking about? Pictures show curve on the tamiya  fuselage is almost identical to AMK one. However the thing is, the top fuselage part of tamiya is slightly different. 

Edited by foxmulder_ms
34 minutes ago, shion said:

That's quite a big gap.

hmmm, look I know you wish to see some errors, but at the end you might find yourself a bit disappointed...

bare in mind that fuselages are not aligned, and the picture was take from the side, not directly above

curve and size of the waist is pretty much the same on AMK and Tamiya according to the pictures that recently emerged on facebook

EDIT: my 1111 post 🤣

Edited by skuki

Can't be sure they are identical, no. In fact, I think that it is almost impossible that they are identical. Can't be sure which one is closer to the real thing, also. But in any case I'm sure it isn't OMG-ISSUE-HORROR-SHAPE-CURVE that was yesterday

Edited by skuki

Well, technically it's not big but optically it matters. Human eye (not everyones apparently) can be "tricked" easily, sometimes even 1mm may make significan difference, especially when you are used to some shapes. I can assure you, that if I draw square and then bend one side by 1 pixel your eye will see difference and brain will tell you that something's wrong - you won't see much difference looking closely, but your brain will realize "it's not a square". 

As you see on Tamiyas model  upper and bottom side lines are different, meanwhile on AMK they go along. And I believe that's - as my brain says - is also wrong.

Edit.

In fact, both bottom lines seem to be exactly same. the difference is in upper side fuselage lines. This is why on exactly top comparisons both look the same, but adding the angle and light the difference is visible.

Edited by Tapchan
35 minutes ago, skuki said:

hmmm, look I know you wish to see some errors, but at the end you might find yourself a bit disappointed...

bare in mind that fuselages are not aligned, and the picture was take from the side, not directly above

curve and size of the waist is pretty much the same on AMK and Tamiya according to the pictures that recently emerged on facebook

EDIT: my 1111 post 🤣

I don't wish errors, I see differences.

If both fuselages aren't aligned, these pic is simply useless.

So, taken as hypothesis fuselages are aligned, the two aft side curves are supposed to be aligned.

But they're definetely not:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/1ee57f1303307344

Edited by shion
14 minutes ago, shion said:

I don't wish errors, I see differences.

If both fuselages aren't aligned, these pic is simply useless.

So, taken as hypothesis fuselages are aligned, the two aft side curves are supposed to be aligned.

But they're definetely not:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/1ee57f1303307344

Picture is not useless because it is not trying to compare the size of the waist, but the shape of the curve, to show that the curve is not overemphasized as stated by some.

And here comes red, green and even blue lines.... sorry dude but you can not compare like this, for a bunch of reasons. And if i need to have precise measures with a tool and red green and blue lines to see the differences compared to another kit, not the real thing, they I can't take this to be some major fault in shape

Edited by skuki

As I said on facebook...I think the biggest shape issue is in the engine fairing for the AMK model...it angles in too sharply which enhances the shape difference. If the fairing was more shallow and gentle in the curve I suspect the shape issue would largely vanish

1 minute ago, skuki said:

Picture is not useless because it is not trying to compare the size of the waist, but the shape of the curve, to show that the curve is not overemphasized as stated by some.

If both fuselages aren't aligned, yes, the picture itself is useless, there's no discussion.

1 minute ago, skuki said:

And here comes red, green and blue lines.... sorry dude but you can not compare like thins, for a bunch of reasons. And if i need to have precise meassures with a tool and red green and blue lines to se the differences compared to another kit, not the real thing, they I can't take this to be some major fault in shape

Both kits are representations in 1/48 of the same a/c, so of course we can compare thins.

And it's not my fault if AMK is unable to provide decent top/side/bottom pics of their own kit, I say "unable" but we all know it's not a question of ability but something else.

9 minutes ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

As I said on facebook...I think the biggest shape issue is in the engine fairing for the AMK model...it angles in too sharply which enhances the shape difference. If the fairing was more shallow and gentle in the curve I suspect the shape issue would largely vanish

True indeed.

7 minutes ago, shion said:

there's no discussion.

there is always discussion

Look, you made your point, I do not want to convince you that the kit is perfect.  and if you are so annoyed with the issues you found, than it is best for you to pass this kit... others will accept it as is... so will I

10 minutes ago, madcop said:

I really hope that in the coming posts we are going to see some  purple and pink. I like Shion ! If he commits suicide I'll miss him badly !! 😋

🤣😄😄

22 minutes ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

As I said on facebook...I think the biggest shape issue is in the engine fairing for the AMK model...

I know it is though to accept it, but it really is not THAT big issue.... if it even is one