36 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Which vendor is this? Looks like they charge you at the time you order.  HobbyEasy doesn't charge you till they are ready to ship.

For this TOMCAT, HobbyEasy charged my card already, just waiting for the shipping charge.
Sincere Hobby charge everything, just waiting.

2 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

For this TOMCAT, HobbyEasy charged my card already, just waiting for the shipping charge.
Sincere Hobby charge everything, just waiting.

That's weird. I'm looking at the page for the AMK F-14D on HobbyEasy and it does not look like the images you posted. Here's the link to what I'm looking at:

https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/tare0bal4idjzfrztyrj.html

I preordered last week and was not charged anything.

I just checked Sincere Hobby and the pics you posted are from their site, not Hobby easy.

34 minutes ago, Mstor said:

That's weird. I'm looking at the page for the AMK F-14D on HobbyEasy and it does not look like the images you posted. Here's the link to what I'm looking at:

https://www.hobbyeasy.com/en/data/tare0bal4idjzfrztyrj.html

I preordered last week and was not charged anything.

I just checked Sincere Hobby and the pics you posted are from their site, not Hobby easy.

Yes I made two pre Orders, from Hobby Easy (2017-05-10) and they charged my credit card at that time of course. 
And I have the second pre Order from Sincere Hobby, they charged all, model and ship.

8 hours ago, shion said:

So, yes, at the 200+ page, on a topic about a model kit, we have to ask the manufacturer to provide a pretty basic and consistent rendering of the kit, which is supposed to be released soon.

Well he'd be completely stupid to do so. He won't modify anything now that the tooling is finished and it wouldn't serve any positive purpose to him.

9 hours ago, shion said:

You know, normally people would not have to ask this type of question. It is litteraly an aberration. 

It simply underlines how "strange" is the relation beween AMK and (potential) customers.

So, yes, at the 200+ page, on a topic about a model kit, we have to ask the manufacturer to provide a pretty basic and consistent rendering of the kit, which is supposed to be released soon.

I don't see nothing strange. If I were AMK, I wouldn't even give you that what you already got... not because I am afraid of criticism, but to prevent the dothraki horde invading my kit with blue green and red lines before it is even released...

Italeri 1/32 Tornado will be release probably in two months. To whom  can I address to and demand geometry drawings, renders, 3 side view. Where is the topic where I have an opportunity to speak with the manufacturer directly, demand, critizes etc... not a single picture or render for now (afaik).

You have what you have. Can't be changed. Nobody is forcing none of you to preorder the kit. Wait for the first reviews and you'll have your 3 sides views and everything and then you can decide either to buy the kit or pass on it...

If you all just wanted to be a good samaritan and help poor handicap modelers who are not able to choose or decide for themselves, than you had your 200 pages to share helpful curve informations, and point is taken, THANK YOU. now move on, buy or don't

Edited by skuki

I don't think italeri ever advertised their tornado as best on the market. If you want call yourself the best then you've gotta prove it.

Oh, and I hope AMK is going to set sme prices as Italeri (€30 per kit)  if you compare.

Edited by Tapchan
21 minutes ago, skuki said:

I don't see nothing strange. If I were AMK, I wouldn't even give you that what you already got... not because I am afraid of criticism, but to prevent the dothraki horde invading my kit with blue green and red lines before it is even released...

Italeri 1/32 Tornado will be release probably in two months. To whom  can I address to and demand geometry drawings, renders, 3 side view. Where is the topic where I have an opportunity to speak with the manufacturer directly, demand, critizes etc... not a single picture or render for now (afaik).

You have what you have. Can't be changed. Nobody is forcing none of you to preorder the kit. Wait for the first reviews and you'll have your 3 sides views and everything and then you can decide either to buy the kit or pass on it...

If you all just wanted to be a good samaritan and help poor handicap modelers who are not able to choose or decide for themselves, than you had your 200 pages to share helpful curve informations, and point is taken, THANK YOU. now move on, buy or don't

You really don't see something strange in the fact that a manufacturer, despite the release of the kit near, refusing to (finally) provide pics or drawings about its own kit?

And it's not as if it's a new trend for this company. We already saw "strange" or let's call them unorthodox practices in the past, like asking people not take photos of partially built kits on a show (what seriously is the point presenting a kit in a public show and asking people to not take photos?), asking people or moderation  on forum boards to remove the same photos, or outright creating a close FB group and banning people who dare to share pics with people outside.

And you know what suprises me the most? The fact some people not only accept this kind of moves but support and enforce them.

30 minutes ago, shion said:

You really don't see something strange in the fact that a manufacturer, despite the release of the kit near, refusing to (finally) provide pics or drawings about its own kit?

And you know what suprises me the most? The fact some people not only accept this kind of moves but support and enforce them.

Can't say that I as a consumer enforce it, but from the company point of view I could understand it. Once the kit is released, there will be plenty reviews. You can choose to buy before the things are more clear, or you can choose to buy right away. Motives for providing detailed drawings and views is either hiding some serious issues with the kit or either not wanting the kit to be butchered by keyboard reviewers, as it might not turn out quite fair. I believe that AMK's motives are second ones, but time will tell (very shortly), so lets just wait and see.

Edited by skuki
38 minutes ago, Tapchan said:

I don't think italeri ever advertised their tornado as best on the market. If you want call yourself the best then you've gotta prove it.

Oh, and I hope AMK is going to set sme prices as Italeri (€30 per kit)  if you compare.

of topix, although italeri tornado is 1/32, there is on the preorder for 170 usd... still a lot of cash. just hope this is not the true price

2 hours ago, Laurent said:

Well he'd be completely stupid to do so. He won't modify anything now that the tooling is finished and it wouldn't serve any positive purpose to him.

Yes, I agree, but some people should have asked their parents these same questions when they were still babies to be born ...😔

1 hour ago, shion said:

And it's not as if it's a new trend for this company. We already saw "strange" or let's call them unorthodox practices in the past, like asking people not take photos of partially built kits on a show (what seriously is the point presenting a kit in a public show and asking people to not take photos?), asking people or moderation  on forum boards to remove the same photos, or outright creating a close FB group and banning people who dare to share pics with people outside.

Frankly, what's surprising here are some individuals who dedicate so much of their time and energy to prove that they were right all along about XYZ and turn any topic into us vs them.

It's just a model kit of a plane for which there are plenty of alternatives and with more incoming (GWH). If you don't like the company's ways of doing business, as you made it clear in dozens of posts, why not just ignore them? Tell them what you think and ignore them and their kits. Find better companies and kits.

The last thing this thread needs are more pages discussing the conspiracy of not providing 3D images on a request by some user on some modelling forum so he can tell them again and again that their product is so WRONG.

The kit will apparently come out soon, there'll be plenty of reviews and then you can gloat about it.

I'm repeating myself, but personally, if there are no huge shape issues (and this is obviously rather subjective), I'll get one as it's going to be cheaper and more detailed than Tamiya (at least cockpit wise) and it should go together easier than Hasegawa I already have stashed somewhere. The fact it took X years for it to come out and how AMK handled this or that doesn't really strike me at all. That doesn't mean I'm supporting or enforcing this or that, it's just that I don't really feel this supposed drama surrounding this plastic model kit.

It's been delayed, yes, but time passes so fast, I can still remember myself considering preordering it like it was yesterday, unfortunately. Finding time to do it properly and place to display it afterwards, hoping it still won't be hot enough on the planet that its landing gear will melt and the kit will sink, now those are my real concerns 🙂.

Edited by ijozic
38 minutes ago, ijozic said:

Frankly, what's surprising here are some individuals who dedicate so much of their time and energy to prove that they were right all along about XYZ and turn any topic into us vs them.

🙂.

I think this behaviour can be explained in just three ways:

* Very big ego that has necessarily got to prove something, or

* A business relationship, or

* I just don't have anything better to do...

22 minutes ago, DIO said:

Or all of the above !

1 hour ago, DIO said:

Or, people who find accuracy and exploration of shapes and details of real aircraft vs model aircraft interesting and actually enjoy figuring such things out. But you people that continually want to bash people for seeing what they see and pointing it out can't accept that fact. You can't accept that people might actually care about such things. Instead you have to go out of your way to try to make those people look stupid, petty, egotistical or malicious. I think this behavior can be explained in several ways as well; a very big ego, insecurity, a business relationship, have nothing better to do, or personal grudge against individuals. If you love the kit, buy the kit. If you want to point out where the critics are wrong, then by all means do so. But demeaning them because of their critiques is pretty much middle school playground actions and frankly is a pretty negative stain on the model building community in general.

27 minutes ago, niart17 said:

Or, people who find accuracy and exploration of shapes and details of real aircraft vs model aircraft interesting and actually enjoy figuring such things out. But you people that continually want to bash people for seeing what they see and pointing it out can't accept that fact. You can't accept that people might actually care about such things. Instead you have to go out of your way to try to make those people look stupid, petty, egotistical or malicious. I think this behavior can be explained in several ways as well; a very big ego, insecurity, a business relationship, have nothing better to do, or personal grudge against individuals. If you love the kit, buy the kit. If you want to point out where the critics are wrong, then by all means do so. But demeaning them because of their critiques is pretty much middle school playground actions and frankly is a pretty negative stain on the model building community in general.

But you told once, told twice, told 200+ number of pages...

Even if there is nothing wrong with the kit, there is definitely something wrong with the people...

43 minutes ago, niart17 said:

I was answering when I saw your post.

You write it better.

Bullseye.

14 minutes ago, DIO said:

But you told once, told twice, told 200+ number of pages...

Even if there is nothing wrong with the kit, there is definitely something wrong with the people...

Ok, perhaps. BUT why would it matter to you that it is something other people are concerned about? What makes you decide you have to criticize them for that view? It's a model discussion forum after all. what it's NOT is a beat up or insult people you disagree with forum. But still, that's what some of you guys are doing. You think they are insane for caring about the shape being off or you're tired of hearing it? Fine so be-it. but lets stick to the plastic and not the people. I'd say the company is a company and should have their big boy pants on and weather the critique. Or even better, WELCOME it. But that's a company that chose to enter the market, it's not a person. Surely you can understand the difference.

21 minutes ago, niart17 said:

Ok, perhaps. BUT why would it matter to you that it is something other people are concerned about? What makes you decide you have to criticize them for that view? It's a model discussion forum after all. what it's NOT is a beat up or insult people you disagree with forum. But still, that's what some of you guys are doing. You think they are insane for caring about the shape being off or you're tired of hearing it? Fine so be-it. but lets stick to the plastic and not the people. I'd say the company is a company and should have their big boy pants on and weather the critique. Or even better, WELCOME it. But that's a company that chose to enter the market, it's not a person. Surely you can understand the difference.

Or better yet, why does it matter to you? Stick to the plastic and not to the people? 🙂

We can high-horse around this all day, but the point is that the molds are finalized and there's not much left to do, but wait till some reviewers or customers get their hands on it.

Edited by ijozic