18 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Oh now you've done it, you've really gone and done it. Were all going to scouring the pics for something that's not there. :whistle:

Ha! Nice catch!

6 hours ago, GW8345 said:

Now if you all what to argue over detail, argue over the detail that is missing.

And yes, there really is a detail missing from all the pic's I've seen posted here but I'm not going to say what it is, I don't want to be bashed as a rivet counter.

So obvious too! If it was a snake, it would've bit me.

35 minutes ago, niart17 said:

But Zacto, you're showing a pic of the MK VIV 50983402934.09492.2-1. The D's used a MkVIV 50983502934.09492.2-1. Quite frankly I'm disappointed you didn't know that.

I tell you, I am constantly amazed at the wealth of knowledge that can be found here on ARC. Good catch niart17, but didn't some D's upgrade to the dash 2 after they had problems integrating the dash 1 with the fragistator assembly, which as you probably already know, was only included so that the torbisactor wouldn't generate spurious signals.

3 minutes ago, DIO said:

Extremely useful information. It never crossed myind that some need to show off. Never at all...

For a better explanation of the technologies used, this video explains everything... :whistle:

9 hours ago, Zactoman said:

This?

6787545_orig.jpg

That's not it.  If you watch Season 9 Episode 87 of J.A.G., Mac and Harm handle the case of a foreign injection molding company that causes the crash of a polymer prototype that caused insanity of a local squadron.

Mac looked extraordinarily hot in that episode. 

24 minutes ago, Grindcore said:

If you watch Season 9 Episode 87 of J.A.G., Mac and Harm handle the case of a foreign injection molding company that causes the crash of a polymer prototype that caused insanity of a local squadron.

One of the longest running comedy series ever, now in season 209 episode 5217. 

IIRC it was a spinoff of a popular reality show “Real Tomcats of the US Navy”.  That show had a great tagline, “Often Imitated, Never Duplicated”.....

Edited by habu2

I have a parts question...

On this sprue...

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/67796094_1311061912391966_1303350668269977600_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQnC0JWV-VNJo_21t051XAgL7_79mFrMK5b9RydLe75Aji2EKZA8HQankS55m-ZepLg&_nc_ht=scontent-atl3-1.xx&oh=bf1d8f171c2559b5709035db1b783381&oe=5DDD17EB

What are the 4 half-rounded/curved/flat parts at the top of the sprue? I noticed there are 6 of these parts on the sprue, two more below the canopy frame.

I assume they are the hinges for the stabilizer, but why are there 6 of them? Perhaps for different positions (Up, Down, Level)? The curved part must go around the engine. Looking at these, I don't think the stabilizer is movable....

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

2 hours ago, Mstor said:

I tell you, I am constantly amazed at the wealth of knowledge that can be found here on ARC. Good catch niart17, but didn't some D's upgrade to the dash 2 after they had problems integrating the dash 1 with the fragistator assembly, which as you probably already know, was only included so that the torbisactor wouldn't generate spurious signals.

Very true. As I understand it though, that was only the South Coast units because crawfish were being sucked into the fragistator assembly vent tube while flying low level operations in the Gulf. Plus the Spurious signals were causing havoc to the oil drilling platforms. All other units could continue use of the dash 1. That is of course provided they upgraded the torbisactor to include the new teflon coated cornaflaterators. I'm sure you remember Capt. Huskers tragic accident when they failed to do so. 

1 hour ago, F-16 said:

What are the 4 half-rounded/curved/flat parts at the top of the sprue? I noticed there are 6 of these parts on the sprue, two more below the canopy frame.

I assume they are the hinges for the stabilizer, but why are there 6 of them? Perhaps for different positions (Up, Down, Level)? The curved part must go around the engine. Looking at these, I don't think the stabilizer is movable....

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

they ARE the stab mounts, there are 3 different angles. up down and neutral I assume.

59 minutes ago, niart17 said:

I'm sure you remember Capt. Huskers tragic accident when they failed to do so. 

Oh my yes, terrible, just terrible. He was never the same after that accident. Couldn't look at a crayfish without breaking out into a cold sweat.

59 minutes ago, niart17 said:

That is of course provided they upgraded the torbisactor to include the new teflon coated cornaflaterators.

Yes, of course. Also the reason they changed from the Turbo Encabulator to the Retro Encabulator. The new cornaflaterators improved the modial interaction of magneto reluctance and capacitive diractance in the torbisactor.

Edited by Mstor
13 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Oh my yes, terrible, just terrible. He was never the same after that accident. Couldn't look at a crayfish without breaking out into a cold sweat.

Yes, of course. Also the reason they changed from the Turbo Encabulator to the Retro Encabulator. The new cornaflaterators improved the modial interaction of magneto reluctance and capacitive diractance in the torbisactor.

Couldn't have said it better myself. 😀

Is there an arbitrary limit of page numbers for a thread on this site?  

Funny thing: I thought there was, that it was 200 and that this was the reason everyone kept talking about it and rooting for it to hit 200; so that it would crawl off and die a quiet death!

28 minutes ago, wadeocu said:

Funny thing: I thought there was, that it was 200 and that this was the reason everyone kept talking about it and rooting for it to hit 200; so that it would crawl off and die a quiet death!

Die? Surely you jest. This is the hottest page on the interwebs. It dies and the whole system crumbles.

38 minutes ago, wadeocu said:

Got a lonnnng ways to go to get to the 463 pages of the Moai Vincent thread!