14 minutes ago, Tapchan said:

Please look very carefully at the side walls of the box. That MAY (or may not) give you some clue already...

Duh! :doh:. My bad, I guess that would be a pretty solid indicator. Sorry, I should have payed more attention to the box, but I just though "box, ho hum" and scrolled past it. Thanks Tapchan, that IS good news.

So, if everything on the box is included one really doesn't need the weapons kit, yes?

Edited by Mstor
11 hours ago, DIO said:

This goes much beyond my ability to understand the English language, while being a rather mediocre non native English speaker...

(Usually in such situations I smile politely... And everyone that knows me understands that I don't have a clue...)

Wow... then dwelling in the land down under would make digging spoken English the worst for you, I guess... :hmmm:

I totally love the Aussie English accent, but it took me a while until I started to understand them.

3 hours ago, Mstor said:

Nothing personal but... ...Until I see the actual contents of a boxed kit, I'm a little leery.

What does a little leery look like? And are there big leerys?

T

3 hours ago, Mstor said:

Nothing personal but, how do you know? I thought we'd be getting the weapons set. There was someone who said he spoke to Hobby Easy and they confirmed this but stated there was a cut off number of sets that would be available. Now its only those that ordered before Dec 2017 and paid in advance. I've seen a lot of pics that showed a bunch of sprues, including weapons sprues, but nothing that definitively stated that weapons would be included, much less which weapons. Until I see the actual contents of a boxed kit, I'm a little leery.

It's shown on the side of the kit and it was announced way back when, the other weapon sets is basically the weapon sprues which are going to be sold as a separate kit. For people who pre ordered before a specified date from some outlets they're getting the weapon set as a bonus (you can dig through 200 pages to find out the date and outlets mentioned if you're so inclined. )

I think and I can be wrong, the F-14 comes with those weapons. The weapons are also available separately as a weapon set. For those that preorder and paid, they will get the kit with the weapon inside, plus an extra weapon box set. Thats my understanding.

1 hour ago, flanker27 said:

I think and I can be wrong, the F-14 comes with those weapons. The weapons are also available separately as a weapon set. For those that preorder and paid, they will get the kit with the weapon inside, plus an extra weapon box set. Thats my understanding.

That’s the way I understood it too.

Juan

6 hours ago, tony.t said:

What does a little leery look like? And are there big leerys?

T

And midget leerys and the rare giant leerys of Australia. 

Smart Aleck :naughty:

9 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Wow... then dwelling in the land down under would make digging spoken English the worst for you, I guess... :hmmm:

I totally love the Aussie English accent, but it took me a while until I started to understand them.

Ha ha ha. There is not just one Aussie English accent. Depends on the area.

1 hour ago, DIO said:

There is not just one Aussie English accent. Depends on the area.

What areas? I've been to both Melbourne and Sydney, and it wasn't any easy for me to follow at first. I'd really feel like an idiot asking people to repeat me things over and over. Also, couldn't ever tell you about on this fórum, but one of the misunderstandings almost led into me being thrown in gaol...

Oh, and then there's the Aussie slang! :doh: How long have you been a resident in Oz?   

27 minutes ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

What areas? I've been to both Melbourne and Sydney, and it wasn't any easy for me to follow at first. I'd really feel like an idiot asking people to repeat me things over and over. Also, couldn't ever tell you about on this fórum, but one of the misunderstandings almost led into me being thrown in gaol...

Oh, and then there's the Aussie slang! :doh: How long have you been a resident in Oz?   

5 awesome years 🇦🇺👍

4 hours ago, habu2 said:

The logical lexicon is Large Leery. A Large Leery looks a lot like a little leery only a lot larger. Logarithmically Larger.  

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/alliteration

You better pick up after yourself if you're going to alliterate all over the place. :whistle:

10 hours ago, Mstor said:

And midget leerys and the rare giant leerys of Australia. 

Smart Aleck :naughty:

Well, it could have been worse. You might have said "feeling a little leery", which is probably a criminal offence somewhere. 

It's a shame the wing carry through box spars are preset instead of being articulated. If the spars were swinging we could swap-out a display between swept slick wings and flaps hanging out, using alternative drop-in boots for the wing seal.

But overall impressions so far are: AMK, have a cigar!

Tony 

Alright, I'll be the odd one in the group and admit...I like the X-32.

Image result for X-32
I've always been a sucker (pun intended) for jets with big intakes like that (A-7, F-8 type aircraft).  So yeah, I guess I'm strange that way.
Related image
Hey, it was at least a happy looking aircraft.

Happy modeling all!
22 minutes ago, Don said:

Alright, I'll be the odd one in the group and admit...I like the X-32.

Image result for X-32
I've always been a sucker (pun intended) for jets with big intakes like that (A-7, F-8 type aircraft).  So yeah, I guess I'm strange that way.
Related image
Hey, it was at least a happy looking aircraft.

Happy modeling all!

Boeing had a variant with a full tail and a swept wing configuration. It was actually kind of nice look.  I think nicer than the F-35. Unfortunately this was only on paper, no prototype was ever built of that version.