4 hours ago, sierrascale said:

perspective is way off, like they took a photo of a F-14 coming towards you and then reversed it so it's going away from you. 

M C Escher approves this box art.  👍

On 8/16/2019 at 4:09 PM, Hubbie Marsten said:

Oh, yeah? I'd really like to know about the impressions Fede Rocha has got with regard to the releasement of this kit.

What does he think about the issues in it? Is he expecting it to be released or did he lose faith about it.

I await the final product. Some errors may be fixed before launch or maybe later.

Now I am somewhat away from modeling and do not follow the development closely.

Edited by Fefster

The LAST thing I care about is the box art. In fact, it could come in a plain white box for my tastes. I ordered the damn kits LONG before the box art was even a reality. Pray tell, is there even ONE person in this forum that will buy the kit or not based on the BOX ART?

1 minute ago, niart17 said:

Never said that would influence sales. It was just a casual observation as an artist. Or is that off limits conversations about this kit as well?

Nope, you are correct. There was another corrected version. Probably got lost somewhere...

Personally I love box art. Oh and yes, box art has influenced my purchasing or not purchasing a model kit. To each their own as the saying goes.

Happy modeling!

I am not talking about the box art of kits in general and their ability to influence your purchase. I am talking about THIS kit, I am fairly sure that 99.9% of the folks on this forum have already decided whether they will purchase this kit, box art notwithstanding.

On ‎8‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 1:54 AM, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

The little circle vent on the starboard (right side) of both ‘weekly’ doors is only on the A with PW engines. It does show a lot of streaking. I’d guess AMK added (like Tamiya did) for future versions.

AMK seems to have added a lot of ‘extra’ wear and tear type stuff. Some panels that they molded are added on sheet metal repairs, visible on a specific airframe. I’d fill it in with putty or if you’re doing that exact specific airframe (or just like the look) cover it with bare metal foil or very thin plastic...

Brian 

Did you notice that they missed the vent on the port side?

The vent is on the outboard of the starboard (right) nacelle and the inboard of the port (left) nacelle. the vent is the oil drain for the TF-30 engine, the F-110 didn't have an oil drain.

Also, they're missing a small drain on the weekly door just outboard of the ventral fin by the leading edge of the fin, for the port side it will be on the inboard side of the ventral fin.

Edited by GW8345
5 hours ago, madmanrick said:

The LAST thing I care about is the box art. In fact, it could come in a plain white box for my tastes. I ordered the damn kits LONG before the box art was even a reality. Pray tell, is there even ONE person in this forum that will buy the kit or not based on the BOX ART?

I did. Because it’s a Tomcat. 

Not sure where he got or if he made it, but it's definitely a laser cut stand, possibly made out of wood or maybe a plexi or something. I'd guess maybe custom made. Nice though.

Hopefully he'll dress up that seam in front of the wing. It's an otherwise good build going.

edit: looks like Crackerjazz nailed the answer. Well I was partially  right....it's laser cut. LOL

Edited by niart17
14 minutes ago, niart17 said:

Hopefully he'll dress up that seam in front of the wing. It's an otherwise good build going.

There's also the big open seam where the intake trunk meets the fuselage. Looks like its partially filled with glue and paint or something just aft of the main gear bay. I guess the fit of the intake trunk can vary.

Edited by Mstor
10 minutes ago, Mstor said:

There's also the big open seam where the intake trunk meets the fuselage. Looks like its partially filled with glue and paint or something just aft of the main gear bay. I guess the fit of the intake trunk can vary.

Sio has mentioned that there are some test shots still in the system and that's what the initial display builders will encounter while they fine tune the whole pipeline for mass manufacturing and delivery.

7 minutes ago, zerosystem said:

Sio has mentioned that there are some test shots still in the system and that's what the initial display builders will encounter while they fine tune the whole pipeline for mass manufacturing and delivery.

In other words, none of the pics we've seen so far are of the production kit pieces.  As such, no one here knows what the final kit looks like.

Looks like we have plenty of time to get to 300 pages... and beyond !!!

1 hour ago, zerosystem said:

So, they gave this bunch of highly skilled builders test shots to build as a way of displaying the quality of their product? Yea, that makes a lot of sense.