At the end of the day they are clutching at straws to cover the deficiencies we spoke about 18 months ago.

Panel lines to deep and wide was always a concern.

Cant wait to see the test build where they are using the multi part canopy and how they intend gluing the panels in invisibly. Unless they are a click fit??

Have 2 on preorder so looking forward to seeing it in the plastic. 

2 hours ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

So the kit is supposed to be shipping to distributors...in a few days and they're still working off test shots? 

Seems that whenever a possible issue is pointed out now, the first thing they say is, "oh, those are pre-production, test shots. Everything will be better when the REAL parts arrive".  :rofl:

7 minutes ago, F-16 said:

Now Sio is offering "signed" copies of the Tomcat and weapons kits....

https://www.facebook.com/avantgardemodelkits/

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Oh good grief. They are full of themselves aren't they. Signed copies. If I wanted a signed copy of a kit from a manufacturer it would be Mr. Tamiya. THAT would be worth something in my book. Mr. Tamiya deserves some sort of lifetime achievement award for what he has done for the hobby over the years. I am sure there are other people in the model business who deserve recognition too. Signed copy of the AMK F-14 kit my a&*#. :action-smiley-081: 

49 minutes ago, F-16 said:

Now Sio is offering "signed" copies of the Tomcat and weapons kits....

https://www.facebook.com/avantgardemodelkits/

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

OH PLEASE!!!! A SIGNED COPY????? What is with the rabbid booty kissing??? Well, if someone gets a free kit out of it; by all means. But seriously, smdh

Edited by goondman
31 minutes ago, habu2 said:

should read:

habu2, this sounds you might be coming around to the disgruntled dark side, is this a first negative post from you on the subject or am I just crazy? or both? 😀

Seriously though, this does seem a bit bazaar. I remember back in the beginning of this thread there was mention of the term "fanboys" and it was pretty much being used in a totally inaccurate way about the negative comment people. (still can't figure out what he was trying to say) But this? this might actually be a true instance of fanboys. 🤣

Bill

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

If I wanted a signed copy of a kit from a manufacturer it would be Mr. Tamiya. THAT would be worth something in my book. Mr. Tamiya deserves some sort of lifetime achievement award for what he has done for the hobby over the years...

I'd take a signed copy of this box art from Mr. Tamiya...

Image result for tamiya ford gt

...my Son would love it framed on his wall (its his favorite car...hence my current build). Never happen though...:crying:.

That or anything from Shigeo Koike! The master (in my opinion of course) of box art.

2 hours ago, terrysumner said:

Please keep your indignation comments to yourselves. Keep this thread on topic...that is ... The kit.

Roger. I apologize for my inappropriate behavior. :doh:

4 hours ago, terrysumner said:

Please keep your indignation comments to yourselves. Keep this thread on topic...that is ... The kit.

Remember guys. The appropriate tune for Terry Sumner's silent marauding of this thread.

Oh, look; that's habu2 in the water... :rofl:

21 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

No hay descripción de la foto disponible.

I think it’s worth replying with this photo included because there’s a lot to like here: the ribbing on the inner exhaust petals, the inclusion of closed nozzles, the fact that the open nozzles are composed of 5 parts each, the combination of recessed and raised rivets on the boattail...

Close-up photos can be very unkind. By the same token, a photographer can share only the shots that are the most flattering. But I don’t think these parts are a fluke - this will be a very good kit and I’m looking forward to it landing on my work table.

Makes me want a MiG-31. I’ve never wanted a MiG-31...

1 hour ago, andrew.deboer said:

I think it’s worth replying with this photo included because there’s a lot to like here: the ribbing on the inner exhaust petals, the inclusion of closed nozzles, the fact that the open nozzles are composed of 5 parts each, the combination of recessed and raised rivets on the boattail...

Close-up photos can be very unkind. By the same token, a photographer can share only the shots that are the most flattering. But I don’t think these parts are a fluke - this will be a very good kit and I’m looking forward to it landing on my work table.

I agree, there are some beautiful things happening with this kit. But I do also think that the panel lines at least APPEAR to be pretty wide with soft edges. Not saying it alone is a deal breaker but to me it sort of has the look of a modeler that took an old Monogram kit with raised lines and did a re-scribe on it. A good re-sribe, but not the really super crisp lines you see on some other modern kits. But as everything, there is a cost ratio balance and I'm sure panel line machining cost were sacrificed a little to facilitate some of the other things they did do well. It's a give and take. That's not a slam on them,  just an observation.

44 minutes ago, niart17 said:

I agree, there are some beautiful things happening with this kit. But I do also think that the panel lines at least APPEAR to be pretty wide with soft edges. Not saying it alone is a deal breaker but to me it sort of has the look of a modeler that took an old Monogram kit with raised lines and did a re-scribe on it. A good re-sribe, but not the really super crisp lines you see on some other modern kits. But as everything, there is a cost ratio balance and I'm sure panel line machining cost were sacrificed a little to facilitate some of the other things they did do well. It's a give and take. That's not a slam on them,  just an observation.

Panel lines do not look soft at all. Actually the opposite pretty much like those in their mig-31. Obviously not like those on a Hasegawa model, but I never liked those anyways. They made my life so hard with wash.

The detail is also amazing.

4 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

No hay descripción de la foto disponible.

The weapon Rail in the pic is an F-14A/B Weapon Rail, it is not a rail used on the F-14D.

F-14D Weapons Rails did not have the hinge running down the middle of the side panels, those were only on the rails used on the F-14A/B.

1 hour ago, GW8345 said:

The weapon Rail in the pic is an F-14A/B Weapon Rail, it is not a rail used on the F-14D.

F-14D Weapons Rails did not have the hinge running down the middle of the side panels, those were only on the rails used on the F-14A/B.

Are you referring to the Phoenix rails?

1 hour ago, GW8345 said:

Rail or pylon? I was a knuckle dragger, and I confuse easily.

1 hour ago, GW8345 said:

This comment is worthless without redlines and arrows....  :whistle:      

/s   (in case it wasn’t obvious)

7 hours ago, andrew.deboer said:

I can confirm Mig-31 has the same level detail. Actually, this is the reason why I am really excited about this model too.  So far pictures do not disappoint.