24 minutes ago, skuki said:

looks rather nice.

btw, why are you putting so much above average effort to make this kit look so bad?

Because it's an aircraft scale modeling forum here, not a Lego technic and model forum or a clay sculpting forum.

If somebody see a problem or a defect on a kit, a representation of a real subject, he's normally in the right place to talk about it.

If you don't want to see people talking about plastic pics, maybe a scale modeling forum isn't the best place to be. 

And about this kit, let's call it the Tomcat of Schrodinger, because every time someone says/see something on this kit, the kit itself dissapears, people "need to wait the release" to see things people already saw years ago.

11 minutes ago, shion said:

Because it's an aircraft scale modeling forum here, not a Lego technic and model forum or a clay sculpting forum.

If somebody see a problem or a defect on a kit, a representation of a real subject, he's normally in the right place to talk about it.

If you don't want to see people talking about plastic pics, maybe a scale modeling forum isn't the best place to be. 

And about this kit, let's call it the Tomcat of Schrodinger, because every time someone says/see something on this kit, the kit itself dissapears, people "need to wait the release" to see things people already saw years ago.

all right now. how much do they pay you?

Edited by skuki

Wow....that's just unbelievable. So now a person is accused of being paid simply because they have an opinion about a model kit, and that opinion is based on pretty solid photo evidence that kind of supports what he's saying? Not sure how things are done elsewhere in the world, but here people are pretty open to discuss things. They can be wrong or they can be right. But being on either side of that conversation doesn't mean they have to be paid for that opinion, or paid to HAVE that opinion. Perhaps it's not that way where you're from?

So I guess you think I've been paid to agree with what they are seeing? That right there is funny. I mean truly hilarious. What's more odd in my opinion is the people that are going above and beyond defending the kit they haven't seen. It's one thing to say you THINK you see something wrong and present some sort of "proof" or evidence to support what you see being wrong. But to defend it sooooo strongly and totally dismiss the other's view as only possibly being because of some nefarious reasons, to me that's rather odd. 

1 minute ago, skuki said:

Nooooo, you are ok...

well thank you. I think you are ok too. BUT that still doesn't explain why you'd say that they've been paid to say there's something wrong with the model. Especially with something like panel line widths. That's something that is so subjective. Some people LOVE wide panels and some people hate them. That's an opinion matter. But, they do look soft compared to some other kits. It is what it is.

Ok, so this really intrigues me now. I'm curious who would be the "people" or company that would pay someone to post on this forum any negative thoughts about the AMK Tomcat model? In your theory, who would want to pay for that? Tamiya? I'm seriously curious who you feel would do that, or would even want to do that.

Bill

Well, to be honest, you're not waving with arguments either... 🙂

We can't force seeing you something you don't see,

but the way you and others pretty quickly switch to personal attack mode, underlines the fact that you have no argument and no proof to show.

9 minutes ago, niart17 said:

BUT that still doesn't explain why you'd say that they've been paid to say there's something wrong with the model. Especially with something like panel line widths

just saying we should be careful with judgments before the kit is released. not saying it is bad or good, just that is seems a bit unfair to judge on the photos, especially when I personally can't see from the pictures that there is any problem with the width of panel lines. I understand that AMK had this problem with some previous kits, but it looks like to me (FOR NOW OFC) that the lines on this kit are pretty good....

ALSO, I would like to point out that I had this kit in my hands on model competition in Hungary in april this year, and it looked very nice, especially panel lines. I doubt they made them wider in the meantime, but again, maybe, I will wait for my kit

Edited by skuki

I am not a rivet counter but admire those that strive for realism. I have ordered two of these kits and looking at this video the panel lines appear to be a bit heavy but not disagreeably so, at least to me. They are easier to gauge than the shaky video previously posted. 

AMK 1/48 F-14D Sprue Overview

4 minutes ago, shion said:

but the way you and others pretty quickly switch to personal attack mode, underlines the fact that you have no argument and no proof to show.

same mode you have with AMK obviously 🙂

just saying we should be careful with judgments before the kit is released. not saying is it bad or good, just that is seems a bit unfair to judge on th photos, especailly when I personally can't see that there is any problem with the width of panel lines. I understand that AMK had this problem with some previous kits, but it looks like to me (FOR NOW OFC) that the lines on this kit are pretty good....

ALSO, I would like to point out that I had this kit in my hands on model competition in Hungary, and it looked very nice, especially regarding panel lines

I understand that, and can somewhat agree with erring on the side of giving them the benefit of the doubt. BUT, there is quite a few photos out that, and they all tend to lean toward the same thing. Just like the shape issues. Had the general group just decided to give them some slack and assumed they would fix the shape of the hips then they would definitely not have fixed it. That is assuming they did fix it. Hard to say for certain now. Most of the pics I've seen of the actual kit in someones possession don't show it from any angles you can tell for sure.

22 minutes ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

There the trouble with the "hips" just a sandig work and is done...

No hay descripción de la foto disponible.

Oh my. That doesn't look right at all. The transition between the vertical and horizontal surfaces is way too sharp. Should be much more rounded. Plus, maybe its just the lighting, but the part that extends over the engine fairing seems misshaped.  Manuel may be right, but I'd wonder if there is enough plastic to round out the transition enough.

f-14d_159600_christine_parts_112_of_354.thumb.jpg.ebea65c9f47d77e913842684961628ca.jpg

Edited by Mstor

the decomposition of the pieces seems to me very intelligent .... the depth of the panel lines is subjective, there are those who love them heavy and them who loves them lighter, keeping in mind that with the proper proportions in 1/48 they should not be perceived (flat lines)

Edited by Alpagueur
6 minutes ago, Alpagueur said:

the decomposition of the pieces seems to me very intelligent .... the depth of the panel lines is subjective, there are those who love them heavy and them who loves them lighter, keeping in mind that with the proper proportions in 1/48 they should not be perceived (flat lines)

So the finer, the better.

And about the wide and visible panel lines we can see on the horizontal stabs:

f-14b_vf-11_210_twin.jpg

f-14d_001_of_103.jpg

f14-amarc-07.jpg

10 hours ago, Alpagueur said:

the depth of the panel lines is subjective

exactly..

I personally like them wider but I wouldn't object if they are even wider than they are...

But what impressed me a lot when I held the kit, were the ladders... like they were not from plastic, but from the best resin afermarkets

Edited by skuki