6 minutes ago, skuki said:

I guess you can't be satisfied with any kit on the market....

So, basically you are denying all improvements manufacturers did since years in the representation of panel lines?

Are we still dealing with Matchbox kits now and can you really not tell the difference?

Its the strangest thing...whenever I read the comments lately I'm reminded of a tennis match...

Related image

...back and forth...back and forth...back and forth........................................

5 minutes ago, Don said:

Its the strangest thing...whenever I read the comments lately I'm reminded of a tennis match...

Related image

...back and forth...back and forth...back and forth........................................

Man, those court lines are WAAAAY out of scale. Not the mention the ball. That's the worst tennis court representation I've ever seen!😀

13 minutes ago, terrysumner said:

Sure is.....

I agree. But I just simply can't understand why a discussion about details on a model kit can't be had on a model forum, without people being accused of having ulterior motives for their view, or being told they shouldn't be posting such comments etc... It is after all a model discussion forum. If the posts can only be positive about a kit, or a manufacturer etc....then what's the point of all of this? Like Zacto said, he's learned more in this thread about F-14's than many many books could have provided information on. Just the photo research and discussion in the thread alone is enough to get a really good grasp of the F-14 shapes and details. Isn't THAT by itself worth a little bit of jawing? Shouldn't THIS thread be more of how things can be discussed? It is the most popular thread on this site lately, probably by far. Isn't that a good thing? If not, then I really don't understand what the forum is for... Just my opinion.

Edited by niart17

I always was under the impression it simply had to do with the part contract manufacturer. Nothing more than the later made parts had straight and different number of vanes... 

Just like some of the main tires had tread in the center (5 lines of tread) of the tire, and some didn’t (4 lines of tread)...

bris 

29 minutes ago, niart17 said:

Man, those court lines are WAAAAY out of scale. Not the mention the ball. That's the worst tennis court representation I've ever seen!😀

LOL! Could be worse...

Image result for pong gif

Sad thing is, I remember when Pong came out! I thought it was magic.

Yes! Pong was a miracle as far as we were concerned. That you could control something that you see on your television was amazing to me as a young 8-ish year old kid. I remember when my dad brought home the first pong game that had the screw terminals that you'd put in place of the antennae wires and that was how the signal was sent to the screen. He would get so mad when we'd forget to hook the antennae back up so he could watch TV. Ahhh... those were the days. 

As far as there are people trying to blame AMK F-14 for reasons that are less than realistic or obvious for a modeler, and others that defend no matter what (possibly also for their own reasons) this will never end.

So, I will stop contributing to this. Just facts from me and those are very few with the kit not in hand.

But the engraved panel lines are totally subjective matter. I personally see some masters of modeling that build amazing models and then paint them totally accurately with no panel wash at all! Yep the real one is like that. Your model mate looks like an awesome piece of wood!

Also, it is true to say that regardless of how deep (well, not matchbox though) the panel lines are, you can tone them as much as you like after the paint job. So no probs there either.

Finally (for now 😝)  no other comments for shape issues. It depends on the light, the position a photo is taken etc. And no model in hand..

2 hours ago, skuki said:

I guess you can't be satisfied with any kit on the market....

I think he must have been making a joke. There are no wide, visible panel lines on the horizontal stabilizers.

2 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

I always was under the impression it simply had to do with the part contract manufacturer. Nothing more than the later made parts had straight and different number of vanes... 

Just like some of the main tires had tread in the center (5 lines of tread) of the tire, and some didn’t (4 lines of tread)...

bris 

Hey Brian, What exactly are you referring to? There are so many posts going back and forth that I'm getting lost :gr_eek2:

Edited by Mstor
1 hour ago, niart17 said:

Yes! Pong was a miracle as far as we were concerned. That you could control something that you see on your television was amazing to me as a young 8-ish year old kid. I remember when my dad brought home the first pong game that had the screw terminals that you'd put in place of the antennae wires and that was how the signal was sent to the screen. He would get so mad when we'd forget to hook the antennae back up so he could watch TV. Ahhh... those were the days. 

Atari!!! 

4 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Hey Brian, What exactly are you referring to? There are so many posts going back and forth that I'm getting lost :gr_eek2:

Not Brian, but I believe he was referring to the ECS vane posts. I know it took me a minute too.

8 hours ago, skuki said:

just saying we should be careful with judgments before the kit is released. not saying it is bad or good, just that is seems a bit unfair to judge on the photos, especially when I personally can't see from the pictures that there is any problem with the width of panel lines. I understand that AMK had this problem with some previous kits, but it looks like to me (FOR NOW OFC) that the lines on this kit are pretty good....

ALSO, I would like to point out that I had this kit in my hands on model competition in Hungary in april this year, and it looked very nice, especially panel lines. I doubt they made them wider in the meantime, but again, maybe, I will wait for my kit

I've owned three different AMK kits, and this panel life stuff is a lie! 

Glt