1 minute ago, crackerjazz said:

HUbbie Marsten, I can feel your views are softening up : )  Ready to hit the buy button?  Those cockpit/ seats and engines are amazing!

And the comments by all the builders so far is how amazingly well the parts fit. Some almost a snap fit.

Yep, there is some really impressive things happening, that's for sure. The cockpit detail is a little soft compared to resin, but honestly, I don't know if ANY plastic kit cockpits can get any more defined than what they are showing. Maybe Tamiya but I'd love to see those two cockpits side by side.

And the seat looks really good. Have no idea of accuracy but it looks "ejection seat-y" enough

Edited by niart17
5 minutes ago, niart17 said:

Yep, there is some really impressive things happening, that's for sure. The cockpit detail is a little soft compared to resin, but honestly, I don't know if ANY plastic kit cockpits can get any more defined than what they are showing. Maybe Tamiya but I'd love to see those two cockpits side by side.

And the seat looks really good. Have no idea of accuracy but it looks "ejection seat-y" enough

How can you say positive comments in such a negative way? Mate, you are impressive.

I see an amazing model in details being build. I see that according to the plans, the shape is just fine.

Not speculating. Just saying what I see.

Edited by DIO
3 minutes ago, Laurent said:

Because the CAD model was based on these plans perhaps ?

It is not me, but those complaining that suggested this is the best reference. I hope they do not take this back now...

3 minutes ago, terrysumner said:

Ok this is my photo. I think it's the area some of you guys have been discussing?  Please remember, these parts are only taped together...and kind of loosely...

I don't know if this angle is sufficient...

2v2Ed3hJLx9trR.jpg

OK, good shot. I still think the curve over the pivot hump and forward is too sharp. Also the stabilizer pivot hole a a bit too low. On the kit it is actually sticking out below the fuselage edge. Should be up a little further. Still think the aft engine fairing is not shaped right. I know these are all nit-picky items to most.

If we are going to compare the AMK part to the DACO drawing, what about these areas?

AMKvsDACO.jpg.52a104f05ef1f6035eed0af69c400dbb.jpg

They don't quite match up. Is it photo angle? Don't know. Looks like the photo was taken directly above. If we are going to make a comparison to this drawing, perhaps more photos?

12 minutes ago, Mstor said:

OK, good shot. I still think the curve over the pivot hump and forward is too sharp. Also the stabilizer pivot hole a a bit too low. On the kit it is actually sticking out below the fuselage edge. Should be up a little further. Still think the aft engine fairing is not shaped right. I know these are all nit-picky items to most.

Gee I don't know about the pivot point being too low.  It looks pretty low here on this shot from The Squadron Walkaround....

2v2Ed3dcrx9trR.jpg

27 minutes ago, Mstor said:

If we are going to compare the AMK part to the DACO drawing, what about these areas?

AMKvsDACO.jpg.52a104f05ef1f6035eed0af69c400dbb.jpg

They don't quite match up. Is it photo angle? Don't know. Looks like the photo was taken directly above. If we are going to make a comparison to this drawing, perhaps more photos?

:P

uOUhonN.png

Cannot hold myself :P No offense just joking. I like your posts mate.