9 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

Wow. I'm good. Shipping is $30 to the US. Hobbyeasy.com seems to have dropped the product entirely from their catalog as I can no longer find it.

Does anyone have any experience with a website called HobbyModels.com?

hobbyeasy

it is on the front page currently

36 minutes ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

I ordered the AMK TOMCAT in 2017 $44.99

:smiley-transport006:

26 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Yeah, rub it in. Need a little salt to add to my wound :thumbsup:

And your both still waiting :monkeydance::tongue-in-cheek:

2 hours ago, dehowie said:

I live in Australia but frequent Japan on trips.

No way? What is no way?

For me to pre order the AMK kit from Hobbyeasy to get two kits was 55.00USD per kit. Sincerehobby was even more expensive for shipping at 68USD the supposed official pre order shop.

To ship them was for both was 54 so 164USD for two kits which converted is 230AUD or 250 AUD from the official source.

Feel free to check the numbers on Hobbyeasy and Sincere hobby.

So 115(125sincere)per kit for AMK shipped vs 130 for Tamiya shipped.

So a 15% or 5% difference in price is hardly a huge difference by any stretch.

Now Sprue borthers charge 91/99 for the Tamiya F14A/D the difference is larger.

However who is to say Tamiya wont drop there price when Amk hits the shops, well whatever limited shops they can get them to as they have no distribution network.

In Japan the F-14D is 6400 on the street before your Visa card discount of 10% so 5700 Yen call it 52US which is in my dollars around 80 so call it 35 bucks cheaper to buy Tamiya than an Amk kit. Again no distribution in Japan so mail order is the only way until the kit hits the limited few shops they can get them into.

Amk have no preorder available inside our country which again based off there lack of distribution network is no surprise.

In short because they have no preorder except via mail and no distributor the price is far closer outside the US than in and drawing conclusions that the Amk kit is way cheaper is simply wrong based off the USA pricing.

Its a big world.

Would you pay 15% more or 3% from official distributor for an accurate F-14 as opposed to a nice kit which is not?

????

Hobbyeasy prices for AMK F-14 is = *428* HKD , Tamiya F-14A = *649* HKD. 

Plus shipping for both. 

2 hours ago, DONG said:

And your both still waiting :monkeydance::tongue-in-cheek:

Me?  Only since August, this year :naughty:

1 hour ago, foxmulder_ms said:

????

Hobbyeasy prices for AMK F-14 is = *428* HKD , Tamiya F-14A = *649* HKD. 

Plus shipping for both. 

Can I get that in 2017 Tajikistani Somoni? :whistle:

13 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

Of course you know more but from the past releases of GWH, it generally took max 1 year for GWH to come up with the plastic after the announcement. 

Why you believe I know more?

I'm just a friend of GWH boss, not an employee.

On 9/9/2019 at 6:29 PM, shion said:

Thx.

Hi !

Are you suddenly short of words or is your keyboard disabled ?

It took me just 3 words to get the clue :

F-14 Wing Bladder

A space of time much shorter than you needed to write your question.

I've been working on mine for about a week and its a fantastic kit.  It has more options and details than the Tamiya offering (I've only built the A).  I prefer how the Tamiya executed the front windscreen over the old-school method of dropping the canopy onto the forward fuselage.  That's the only thing I see superior in the Tamiya kit when compared to AMK.

You won't be disappointed when you get your hands on one.  It was worth the wait.

10 hours ago, dehowie said:

I live in Australia but frequent Japan on trips.

No way? What is no way?

For me to pre order the AMK kit from Hobbyeasy to get two kits was 55.00USD per kit. Sincerehobby was even more expensive for shipping at 68USD the supposed official pre order shop.

To ship them was for both was 54 so 164USD for two kits which converted is 230AUD or 250 AUD from the official source.

Feel free to check the numbers on Hobbyeasy and Sincere hobby.

So 115(125sincere)per kit for AMK shipped vs 130 for Tamiya shipped.

So a 15% or 5% difference in price is hardly a huge difference by any stretch.

Now Sprue borthers charge 91/99 for the Tamiya F14A/D the difference is larger.

However who is to say Tamiya wont drop there price when Amk hits the shops, well whatever limited shops they can get them to as they have no distribution network.

In Japan the F-14D is 6400 on the street before your Visa card discount of 10% so 5700 Yen call it 52US which is in my dollars around 80 so call it 35 bucks cheaper to buy Tamiya than an Amk kit. Again no distribution in Japan so mail order is the only way until the kit hits the limited few shops they can get them into.

Amk have no preorder available inside our country which again based off there lack of distribution network is no surprise.

In short because they have no preorder except via mail and no distributor the price is far closer outside the US than in and drawing conclusions that the Amk kit is way cheaper is simply wrong based off the USA pricing.

Its a big world.

Would you pay 15% more or 3% from official distributor for an accurate F-14 as opposed to a nice kit which is not?

...or how to make simple things, extremely complicated!

The AMK kit is today cheaper than Tamiya. If you have a local distributor or not for both, or if someone paid a pre-order to a rediculus price 2yrs ago, is just irrelevant today.

11 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Does anyone have any experience with a website called HobbyModels.com?

No experience but I personally don't like websites with no address, phone and email information and providing just a form as the only way to contact.

12 hours ago, dehowie said:

No im buying kits on the street in Japan.

Americans have a fascination in basing a kits price off what they pay then assume the entire world is the same.

Sorry to my American friends but the axis of our planet does not run through Washington DC.

Hence drawing conclusions about kits success etc based off what they pay is as fraught with error as me saying everyone xan buy Tamiya kits for 5200Yen ie 45-50USD so AMK stand no chance.

You do know that the price comparison between Tamiya and AMK in Japan isn’t fair right? Japan slaps a hefty import tax on foreign imports, making non-Japanese kits much more expensive to acquire there.

Just take a look at the Hobby Search website. A Revell 1/48 F-14D costs the same as one from Hasegawa!

48717030347_d098f89e1e_b.jpg

Mark

14 hours ago, dehowie said:

No im buying kits on the street in Japan.

Americans have a fascination in basing a kits price off what they pay then assume the entire world is the same.

Sorry to my American friends but the axis of our planet does not run through Washington DC.

Hence drawing conclusions about kits success etc based off what they pay is as fraught with error as me saying everyone xan buy Tamiya kits for 5200Yen ie 45-50USD so AMK stand no chance.

Yeah, I base a kit based on what I pay, because I'm an American and I pay for things in America

Edited by Jonathan_Lotton
Being polite

Whoa whoa...comon guys, no need for that. This thread has enough drama without having to add "Your country's conceded" comments and "shove it responses". I too felt like dehowie was a bit rude with his comment about Americans, but whatever. No need to escalate it beyond an "eye roll" or something in my opinion.

We'll NEVER get to 300 if it gets shut down because of personal attacks. And I for one am shooting to get those 2 free kits, warts and all. LOL

Bill

1 hour ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Yeah, I base a kit based on what I pay, because I'm an American and I pay for things in America

Just to let you know, America is a continent. You live in USA, America have lots of other countrys, that not have the same pricing as you have.

17 minutes ago, joscasle said:

Just to let you know, America is a continent. You live in USA, America have lots of other countrys, that not have the same pricing as you have.

America is not a continent.  North America is a continent.  South America is a continent.  America is the United States of America, a county located in the continent of North America.

Now see this thread just went and did something NO ONE has done for me since middle school and that's given me a geography lesson. At this rate we'll be at 300 in NO time, even if nobody realizes what the heck we were discussing in the meantime. Keep it comin' fellas!

28 minutes ago, joscasle said:

North America is a continent. America refers to the United States of America, and if I said I was an American, I would be meaning I was from the United States. 

It's not a hard concept, but apparently it's beyond your scope of understanding. 

Let me know if I need to break out the construction paper and crayons to explain it better for you. 

Edited by Jonathan_Lotton

Why do I have to continually come in here end tell you guys to knock off the stupid crap!? You want to talk about the kit go ahead. But what is all this baloney about the continent and beyond your understanding etc etc. Just please knock off the stupid crap. Keep to the business at hand.