26 minutes ago, Tomcat Fan said:

someone should get some life and have a cold one or two… 

Just to point out, you are talking to a bunch of grown men (mostly) on a model building forum. I think the term "should get some life" could pretty much apply to every topic on this site. Just sayin'... none of this is THAT important.

13 minutes ago, Zactoman said:

It's a full time job...

Touche'.

Hope you didn't take my post as trivializing your job. And BTW, you do a great job at your job. I suspect even without the red crayons... LOL

Edited by niart17
3 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

SJU-17 has an angle on the backrest
I think we also need a resin seat

Ejection seats are always hard for model companies to get right. I always get aftermarket seats. Only exception I may make is on the GWH Su-35S. So, I never really judge a kit on its ejection seats.

10 hours ago, terrysumner said:

Why do I have to continually come in here end tell you guys to knock off the stupid crap!?

It's all a part of Living the dream!

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

Its not a job, its an adventure!  :beer4:

(apologies to whichever service used to use that ad line)

No apologies necessary. I'm former Navy and I'm Livin the dream. Or am I livin the dream?

:moai:

9 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

SJU-17 has an angle on the backrest
I think we also need a resin seat

sju17_ft.jpg

The same issue is evident in almost all the aftermarket seats as well.

Regardless, I agree. When it comes to seats and wheels, I always go aftermarket anyway!

Yup. Again, some really nice things. I kind of like the wheel, hub, brake assembly. That looks like a nice way of breaking it down for painting. And the canopy does look good so far. As for shape, it likely won't stop me from buying. But I certainly understand those that are concerned with it. but I mean afterall , I was one that was happy with the 1/32 scale Revell kit, obviously my shape criteria isn't the same as others.

45 minutes ago, crackerjazz said:

Awesome pics and beautiful detail!  Just don"t let your eyes be drawn to the waist : )   Hey, Bill, I built that 1/32, too --- the one with the VF-1 Wolfpack decals, right?  Brings back good memories : )  

I can't recall which markings actually came with the kit. I used Cam Models Pukin' Dogs markings on mine. Always loved those paint schemes.

1 hour ago, crackerjazz said:

Awesome pics and beautiful detail!  Just don"t let your eyes be drawn to the waist : )   Hey, Bill, I built that 1/32, too --- the one with the VF-1 Wolfpack decals, right?  Brings back good memories : )  

I used those VF-1 decals on a Tamiya kit. Managed to make them fit. Used the OLD Teknics (sp?) resin cockpit, which was an amazing set for when it first came out. One of the first really detailed resin cockpit sets if I remember correctly. The model is still sitting in the bedroom of the son of a friend of mine (the son grown, married and moved out years ago). Decals have all yellowed and cracked. Numerous parts fallen off. Still looks cool.

Anyway, I had a hell of a time finding one of the old Revell kits with the VF-1 decals. This was before the advent of the Internet and World Wide Web (www) as we know it today. I was active some of the Usenet news modeling groups and found someone in Norway (I think) that had access to one. I remember being blown away by being able to e-mail someone in Europe and get a reply minutes later. He found the kit in a shop, bought it and shipped it to me (I of course sent payment).

Sorry to have butted into your conversation. It just brought back that memory.

13 hours ago, AV O said:

Thanks for sharing, AV O.

Despite a few flaws here and there, I have to admit that it's still a very nice model. The airbrakes, wings, exhaust nozzles and wheel wells are nicer than on the Tamiya kit. AMK also did a great job with the assembly structure and how a lot of parts interlock. Most accurate 1/48 Tomcat? Maybe not, but certainly the most detailed.

13 hours ago, AV O said:

Ok. There are a few niggles here and there but I am still very excited about it. Looks like everything fits together very well, especially around the rear. The exhaust nozzles look great. Isn't there someone doing 3D Printed versions? Lots and lots of options.