22 hours ago, Mstor said:

I did it with the Tamiya kit. Using the Hasegawa early boat tail and gun vents. The quality of the Hasegawa parts is no where near the Tamiya or AMK parts, but It may be possible, with the AMK that is. Don't know what you'd use for the cockpit.. Would hate to waste a Tamiya kit for those parts. Perhaps an Aires or Avionix set could be shoehorned in. Would be nice if AMK or GWH would let us know it they plan on expanding the line (or did GWH already do that, vaguely remember something about them doing A, B and D kits).

And how do you know without the kits in hand?

6 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Can we get an actual list of distributors and online retailers that are marketing the sale of the kit? I ask because it seems like a simple Google search comes up with a handful and at least two of them I don't believe are trustworthy or reputable at all.

Here in the US, Victory Models has them for preorder. $69.95 but you get free shipping at that price (anything over $25). Victory Models is a highly respected vendor.

7 hours ago, Fefster said:

Ohhh !! That would make me happy very happy !!! In addition to VF-1, VF-114 may be present

An early A kit can have any other decals they want, as long as they give me early VF-1 decals. That fit properly. :pray:

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

Here in the US, Victory Models has them for preorder. $69.95 but you get free shipping at that price (anything over $25). Victory Models is a highly respected vendor.

Yeah I found that. I've bought some pre-owned stuff from them previously and never had an issue with them other maybe a price or two. Thanks Mstor.

Terry..

Can you please confirm where the mold lines are on the one piece canopy?

https://scontent.fkul13-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/69871844_10220676704491518_2883596916040400896_o.jpg?_nc_cat=102&_nc_oc=AQnEIR1WV8-Jcbi_yA4zVLO0sQwjWOYcK0cj81ulDHVBqyq3DUdxbNcYxJoqx_a3INA&_nc_ht=scontent.fkul13-1.fna&oh=8ade57b7994029ff4deac5a0ed5071e3&oe=5DF084B3

https://scontent.fkul13-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/69975207_10220706248190092_1702923574739730432_n.jpg?_nc_cat=106&_nc_oc=AQk5leQvIA2vTPPSKIu5ssNfTkmQAdc0TEznTjZz6NCNLDKG47I9bMQxDSv5RazkN0k&_nc_ht=scontent.fkul13-1.fna&oh=3579071666380d0d298ed61056c4748d&oe=5E047F63

It looks like there are two lines on the canopy "top corners" and not on the center of the canopy??

Maybe I'm just seeing things...

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Edited by F-16
9 minutes ago, F-16 said:

Terry..

It looks like there are two lines on the canopy "top corners" and not on the center of the canopy??

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

There are in fact two mold seam lines located on the upper sides of the canopy, and not along the center line. I was lent a canopy last week to create a masking set for it.

34 minutes ago, F-16 said:

Terry..

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Dave is correct. There are two seam lines running the full length of the canopy...one on each side.  

2v2EybCKjx9trR.jpg

On 9/13/2019 at 9:56 PM, Mstor said:

I reserved two at the pre order price through Victory Models. No word about any quantities they’ve received, if any. 

4 hours ago, terrysumner said:

Dave is correct. There are two seam lines running the full length of the canopy...one on each side.  

2v2EybCKjx9trR.jpg

Looks to be quite a step between the sides on that mold line over on the forward edge. What does it look like in person Terry?

5 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Looks to be quite a step between the sides on that mold line over on the forward edge. What does it look like in person Terry?

The step is fixable.

If you look closely, both parts of the slide-mold aren´t aligned axially (look at the canopy rib), and this is more problematic to fix.

35 minutes ago, shion said:

The step is fixable.

If you look closely, both parts of the slide-mold aren´t aligned axially (look at the canopy rib), and this is more problematic to fix.

2 minutes ago, terrysumner said:

There is no step....

I see now. No step, but axial misalignment. I mistook that for a step. Still going to be a pain to fix.

1 minute ago, terrysumner said:

What "Axial misalignment" are you referring to? This canopy is excellent!

Its what shion referred to. Look at the canopy frames. Where the slide mold line intersects, there is a slight misalignment. The top part is shifted to the left (or the bottom to the right). Its especially visible at the front edge frame. Now if "Axial misalignment" is the wrong term I'm going to blame shion (:naughty:). I am not that knowledgeable when it comes to terminology. I just know what I see :hmmm:

6 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Its what shion referred to. Look at the canopy frames. Where the slide mold line intersects, there is a slight misalignment. The top part is shifted to the left (or the bottom to the right). Its especially visible at the front edge frame. Now if "Axial misalignment" is the wrong term I'm going to blame shion (:naughty:). I am not that knowledgeable when it comes to terminology. I just know what I see :hmmm:

Must be the photos cuz I see no misalignment whatsoever holding it in my hands. This canopy is just about perfect.

1 hour ago, FlyAndFight said:

Yesterday I pre-ordered a kit.  I'm impressed with what I've seen so far and the niggles aren't discouraging enough to dismiss this kit.

Hopefully the October release date is accurate.

Bingo! Congrats and I hope we all post progress as we move through the various builds.