5 hours ago, DIO said:

There is so much effort to prove that this kit is full of errors, that you will make me buy not only the AMK but also the TAMIYA one, and that just to compare!

My family budget goes off the window!

Can't you just stop it? 🤣🤣🤣🤣

I did just that, ordered one, in part, to check it out with my own eyes (I have a Tamiya A mostly built). I don't know if I'll ever build it. Not that big a fan of the D model. But who knows. I need to win the lottery. :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, Zactoman said:

👽👽👽Let's not forget the upcoming Area 51 raid! 👽👽👽

There's still a chance that if we successfully capture one of them aliens we can get it to roll back the clock so that everybody had a kit under the Christmas tree several years ago. :santa:

:smiley-transport006:
There's also a chance that we could convince the aliens to go back in time to fix the tooling and maybe even include pilot figures (un-buildable without!).

Here's the countdown clock: https://timeanddate.com/s/3zbs

I'm providing the clock with Las Vegas time since most of our team will be partying there before and after the raid. :beer4:
For those not participating in the raid, wish us luck (I think we'll need it!)!!! :smiley-transport023:

:cheers:

I can't be there with you Sir. Our thoughts and prayers go with you on your great endeavor. The only problem I foresee is if you actually succeed, this thread, as we know it, will cease to exist. In fact, if the aliens go back in time, correct all issues and get the kit released several years ago, there will be no need for you to go to Area 51 to coerce the aliens into making the changes.

Oh my God, it will create a space/time paradox and rip apart the fabric of the universe. Humanity will probably cease to exist. Oh my!!:OMG-OMG:

Or not. Never mind :709-457:

Oh, and have one for me. :cheers:

13 hours ago, shion said:

Just follow earlier today  a interesting discussion about the kit on britmodeller,

someone showed both Tamiya and AMK kit side profiles against Grumman drawings.

Sadly this part of the thread vanished (not the first time).

On the other side of the pond they solved the “problem” of discussion about this kit very fast. Simply banned discussion by closing down the forum with the pretext that the kit is already released. In the cradle of democracy discussion or independent opinions are not something that are welcome.

Well actually the AMK F-14 kit is not released, only handful of the kits have been sent out to reviewers.

Best regards

Gabor

20 hours ago, shion said:

Just follow earlier today  a interesting discussion about the kit on britmodeller,

someone showed both Tamiya and AMK kit side profiles against Grumman drawings.

Sadly this part of the thread vanished (not the first time).

Yeah, how they run their forum makes me shake my head... Anyway, it's their forum but the delete pictures do not belongs to them and are still in the Internet of course, so I will post them here, I'm not the original poster, the story is that a F-14 enthusiast noticed something weird with the front of the built up AMK kit, so he's done overlay of the Tamiya and AMK kits with a Grumman drawing, the blue circles mark the matched reference points:

1UepDzA.jpg  

This is the Tamiya kit, I must say that I'm amazed, never thought a overlay would work this well, it's not just the external outline of the nose and windshield that matches, even the seat cushions match amazingly well, the kit's pilot figures are basically sitting perfectly in the seats of the drawing, even the flight stick looks to be perfectly placed for the pilot to grasp... I have to say if there is a kit that is near perfect shapewise, my money is on the Tamiya F-14. 

cQLzPnW.jpg

No sure about what's exactly happening with the AMK's kit there, the nose tips and end of canopy match, but in the middle... maybe inaccurate drawings have been used for the design of their kit, one will need to have the kit in hand to have a clue. I never suspected that there might be such issue at the front, so it surprised me too, but all my attention has all been drawn to the rear side.😄   

Edited by delide
1 hour ago, ya-gabor said:

On the other side of the pond they solved the “problem” of discussion about this kit very fast. Simply banned discussion by closing down the forum with the pretext that the kit is already released. In the cradle of democracy discussion or independent opinions are not something that are welcome.

Best regards

Gabor

They reopened the topic 9mins ago. These guys are too funny...

2 hours ago, ya-gabor said:

Well actually the AMK F-14 kit is not released, only handful of the kits have been sent out to reviewers.

Best regards

Gabor

If a thread doesn't make any sense anymore - like this one - the subject has beaten to death, "know and see it" alls repeat them over and over again - like on this one, if personal insults 

creep in - like on this one - then I'm all for closing a thread down. This should have been done with this one long time ago - what a waste of time!!!!

Lothar

31 minutes ago, polybebber said:

If a thread doesn't make any sense anymore - like this one - the subject has beaten to death, "know and see it" alls repeat them over and over again - like on this one, if personal insults 

creep in - like on this one - then I'm all for closing a thread down. This should have been done with this one long time ago - what a waste of time!!!!

Lothar

Nah, I don't think so, if you think this thread makes no sense and is a waste of time, then LOL why waste your time with this thread?  It's not closed down because others may have different option about it than yours. Anyway, Gabor summarized it pretty well,  I totally agree with him. Oh and over there they don't just closed it down, they delete information they don't like beforehand, which are very often respectful and interesting discussions.

Edited by delide

There is nonsense in about every thread in all forums but there is also useful information, opinions, discussion, expressing individual points of view . . .  also. Which can be used in making a better choice, forming opinion, or building a better modell. After all this is what this hobby is about, or am I wrong???

So we should close down about every forum if there are occasional silly comments????  (including my joke from yesterday, lets not forget it!)  :))

The only difference with this ARC thread is in its number of pages and years that it has been going on accumulating that much more nonsense along the way. When it was getting out of hand and pointless Terry did close it down for a period.

But now the kit is in hands of some people and should be released soon, so there is a real reason for talking about it.

Best regards

Gabor

2 hours ago, delide said:

Yeah, how they run their forum makes me shake my head... Anyway, it's their forum but the delete pictures do not belongs to them and are still in the Internet of course, so I will post them here, I'm not the original poster, the story is that a F-14 enthusiast noticed something weird with the front of the built up AMK kit, so he's done overlay of the Tamiya and AMK kits with a Grumman drawing, the blue circles mark the matched reference points:

1UepDzA.jpg  

This is the Tamiya kit, I must say that I'm amazed, never thought a overlay would work this well, it's not just the external outline of the nose and windshield that matches, even the seat cushions match amazingly well, the kit's pilot figures are basically sitting perfectly in the seats of the drawing, even the flight stick looks to be perfectly placed for the pilot to grasp... I have to say if there is a kit that is near perfect shapewise, my money is on the Tamiya F-14. 

cQLzPnW.jpg

No sure about what's exactly happening with the AMK's kit there, the nose tips and end of canopy match, but in the middle... maybe inaccurate drawing has been used, one will need to have the kit in hand to have a clue. I never suspected that there might be such issue at the front, so it surprised me too, but all my attention has all been drawn to the rear side.😄   

Interesting delide. I don't know how valid these kind of comparisons are, but I will say that I had noticed the low canopy in a number of photos of the AMK kit builds. Hadn't said anything as I didn't know if what I was seeing was caused by some issue with the photo or not. But now... very interesting. Thanks for posting. What we need now is someone to take some measurements of both the AMK and Tamiya kits.

37 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Interesting delide. I don't know how valid these kind of comparisons are, but I will say that I had noticed the low canopy in a number of photos of the AMK kit builds. Hadn't said anything as I didn't know if what I was seeing was caused by some issue with the photo or not. But now... very interesting. Thanks for posting. What we need now is someone to take some measurements of both the AMK and Tamiya kits.

You're welcome, but all credits to the original poster though. I just had a feeling that someone didn't like it and wanted this piece of interesting information to disappear, so I feel totally obligated to spread it around for those, who might have missed it :-) 

I think the overlays are really good jobs, the reference points are perfectly chosen, anyway, I don't believe that it's distortions or inaccuracies, that the Tamiya matched perfectly 😉 

Judging by some of the posts here, I'd say it's really smart that you haven't said anything about it :-) I think it's difficult to notice and even more so to show it clearly, even for those, who are open and willing to see.

3 hours ago, polybebber said:

Lothar

And yet here you are posting a comment in it....

14 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

I don't understand a critical post from you, as you've stated you have no interest in the AMK kit. 

Because, like I said, they lied to their customers and acted in intentionally deceptive business practices

I am critical of them because they need to be held accountable, not rewarded. 

LOL you guys... some of you guys become giddy to have another "topic to discuss" :) all fine.. 

Bring me an F-14 side view image and I will show you AMK F-14, Tamiya F-14 and "real F-14" will look all very similar within 1mm of each. That comparison means only Tamiya used that very drawing as reference. I know even drawings from grumman itself sometimes do not match to each other. 

Seriously, 300 will be easy 😄 I think we are looking at 500. 

5 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

Seriously, 300 will be easy 😄 I think we are looking at 500. 

THAT's the spirit! I likes the way you think. With a can do attitude like that we'll reach 300 in no time!

Seriously though, it's funny how people think if they are not interested in, or are a little annoyed with a thread that they feel has no value, then their answer isn't "I'm not interested I think I'll skip clicking on this today". Their answer is "This thread makes no sense and has little value to me (therefore can't have value to anyone else...hmmm?) so I think this thread should be removed and/or closed from people posting in it. It's gone on far too long for anyone to find it useful". Meanwhile it's the highest viewed thread on this site. So yeah, obviously nobody is interested in it. That's why they keep coming to it. To show their lack of interest. Reminds me of the old saying by Yogi Berra "nobody goes there, it's too crowded." 😂

Oh well, to each his own I suppose.

20 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

I know even drawings from grumman itself sometimes do not match to each other.

That is why I added a caveat to my comment about the overlays. Even drawings from the manufacturer can be off or inaccurate. I just found it interesting that the drawings showed the AMK canopy too be too low compared to the Tamiya and there is photographic evidence confirming it. Again, it does not prove anything. We need measurements of both kits to determine if there is, in fact, a discrepancy, and if so, further research to determine who's is more accurate. Let's just say for now that something is worth following up on. OK?

15 minutes ago, niart17 said:

THAT's the spirit! I likes the way you think. With a can do attitude like that we'll reach 300 in no time!

Seriously though, it's funny how people think if they are not interested in, or are a little annoyed with a thread that they feel has no value, then their answer isn't "I'm not interested I think I'll skip clicking on this today". Their answer is "This thread makes no sense and has little value to me (therefore can't have value to anyone else...hmmm?) so I think this thread should be removed and/or closed from people posting in it. It's gone on far too long for anyone to find it useful". Meanwhile it's the highest viewed thread on this site. So yeah, obviously nobody is interested in it. That's why they keep coming to it. To show their lack of interest. Reminds me of the old saying by Yogi Berra "nobody goes there, it's too crowded." 😂

Oh well, to each his own I suppose.

I wonder who has contributed more to this thread? Those who actually discuss the model and the potential issues or its features, or those that complain about the thread? :whistle:

37 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

Bring me an F-14 side view image and I will show you AMK F-14, Tamiya F-14 and "real F-14" will look all very similar within 1mm of each. That comparison means only Tamiya used that very drawing as reference. I know even drawings from grumman itself sometimes do not match to each other. 

LOL, all similar yes, we don't expect modern F-14 kits to look not similar as the subject is not different? The comparison images already show that there are sufficient difference with the position of the windshield and front seat there, more than 1mm I recon, but that doesn't matter,  I guess your conclusion from the fact that Tamiya matched the Grumman drawing, is that drawing must be wrong? 😂 I hope that Tamiya didn't really pay Grumman then.

Edited by delide