I'm pretty sure the forum owner has complete control over who and what they allow. I don't THINK there are any free speech laws that would cover a forum like this. Even Facebook Youtube etc...have been kind of pushing the line between what free speech laws govern and they are considered platforms and not accountable for content. I'm not sure that's the case for forums. I THINK the forum owners actually do hold some responsibility of it's content but I'm not positive about that either. But regardless, I fully respect Terry's right as moderator to remove anything or anyone they so choose, even if I don't agree with them doing so. On a personal level I always feel that open dialog is best, but I can also understand limits being set to that.

21 minutes ago, shion said:

Here, we are before a pretty new paradigm: a manufacturer who manifestly didn't and still doesn't want to show the kit (why? that's the question) , makes most of his promotion through promises/talks (not concret matters, no definitive plastic, no definitive pics), and restrains information the more it can (why? that's the question too). 

I don’t understand what you mean here about no photos of the kit being available. Weren’t 10 copies given to a bunch of modellers in the US and another 10 to modellers in Malaysia? They’ve been building and posting photos of their builds. 

Mark

3 minutes ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

I don’t understand what you mean here about no photos of the kit being available. Weren’t 10 copies given to a bunch of modellers in the US and another 10 to modellers in Malaysia? They’ve been building and posting photos of their builds. 

Mark

I'm just following the narrative.

When/since first pics of these builds were released and some issues were perceived,

narrative became "I don't see it"/"look, it matches Daco drawings" (in fact it definetly didn't)/look," it matches Tamiya kit (in fact it definetly didn't)".

So there are not definitive pics, with definitive pics, you just have to post them and it definitely ends discussion.

"This or that dimension is wrong", boom, pic of a measurement with a calliper, end of discussion.

"This or that part is missing or is wrong", boom, pic of the area on the kit with a comparative pic of the real a/c, end of discussion.

That's pretty much what Eduard do with every major release, an example here:https://www.facebook.com/pg/EduardCompany/photos/?tab=album&album_id=2760365137311749

It's obvious, if you master your subject, you can easily present and explain why you put this or that here, make this or that choice.

The best example I remember is a pretty complete feedback Haneto made about the first GWH Su-35. I think it is one of the best advertisement I ever see about a kit, same level Tamiya post-project conferences.

So you have this kind of mastering and expertise at one side and at the other, people explaining if the slide molds aren't aligned, "you just have to put some surfacer and rescribe it, otherwise you don't deserve to build the kit".

I get the whole free speech thing when it comes to gov't and privately owned forums, my point was that regular (general) members should not be telling other general members what they should/should not be posting. There seems to be a concerted effort by some general members here to control what is being posted about this kit by belittling anyone who dares post anything negative about this kit, that to me, it totally unacceptable.

And Shion has a very valid point, why is AMK being such tight lipped about this kit, they are trying to control the information flow with this kit. Example, ARC is the world's largest plastic modeling website yet only one person here has been giving a kit to build. I don't see numerous build threads down in the In-Progress forum, I don't see photos of the kit plastered all over  this site. They gave ten kits to their fan base in Malaysia and some here in the States, they are controlling their Facebook page by restricting who can be a member, why? You would think that they would want all kinds of press all over the internet showing this "great" kit, yet the information flow is very limited/restricted. As has been stated, if the plastic is perfect (or at least great) the kit will sell it self but guess what, the plastic isn't perfect (or even great IMO) so AMK should be out in full force selling this kit instead of using communist style tactics controlling the media coverage/press on the kit.

While the kit may be cutting edge technology in the way it is produced/manufactured (trigger warning to the fanboys) it does have it's flaws and the companies PR and media campaign leaves a lot to be desired.

And no offense to Terry but I want to see an in progress build thread from someone who has a critical eye of the real aircraft and take that critical eye and apply it to the kit. When someone who knows the real aircraft builds the kit and does a thorough review of how the kit stacks up to the real aircraft then I'll trust the review.

Edited by GW8345

I think he is referring to photos which were showing some problems and were deleted from the AMK Fanatic Club (i guess together with some of those posting them).

I like it the way it was with canopy for example - there was a concern about the misalign and Terry have shown some photos proving it's just a micro shift, completely negligible. Plastic have defended itself, without attacking those who dare to ask questions or seem to see a problem. Silencing people on the other hand brings more troubles after all - you'll keep people away from mentioning problems but after the kit leaves the bubble of rainbow perfect world and hits honest reviewers it gets smashed. 

Actually it's too bad AMK didn't go for this VX-9 scheme:

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania vx-9 f-14

The included, black one is cool too, but I'm afraid i'd be short in skill to paint it properly.

2 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

I get the whole free speech thing when it comes to gov't and privately owned forums, my point was that regular (general) members should not be telling other general members what they should/should not be posting. There seems to be a concerted effort by some general members here to control what is being posted about this kit by belittling anyone who dares post anything negative about this kit, that to me, it totally unacceptable.

And Shion has a very valid point, why is AMK being such tight lipped about this kit, they are trying to control the information flow with this kit. Example, ARC is the world's largest plastic modeling website yet only one person here has been giving a kit to build. I don't see numerous build threads down in the In-Progress forum, I don't see photos of the kit plastered all over  this site. They gave ten kits to their fan base in Malaysia and some here in the States, they are controlling their Facebook page by restricting who can be a member, why? You would think that they would want all kinds of press all over the internet showing this "great" kit, yet the information flow is very limited/restricted. As has been stated, if the plastic is perfect (or at least great) the kit will sell it self but guess what, the plastic isn't perfect (or even great IMO) so AMK should be out in full force selling this kit instead of using communist style tactics controlling the media coverage/press on the kit.

While the kit may be cutting edge technology in the way it is produced/manufactured (trigger warning to the fanboys) it does have it's flaws and the companies PR and media campaign leaves a lot to be desired.

You have this way wrong. Kits were not just given out to some modelers in America. It was not even amk's idea to give any kits to anyone in America. It was my idea and my idea alone. I stated this previously but maybe you didn't see it. When I saw that the Malaysian modelers we're getting 10 kits it came to my mind that it would be cool if we in America could be doing this too. So I took it upon myself to contact Sio at AMK and bug the hell out of him to see if I could wrangle 10 kits out of him for us in America to do the same thing the Malaysian modelers we're doing. Amk is not trying to control anything as far as any flow of information goes. Once I had the commitment from Sio to get 10 kits I contacted Anthony Wan and he and I both contacted some of our friends who are good modelers to build these kits. It had nothing to do with this forum. 

In addition the only reason you don't see build threads here is because the individual modelers have chosen to post the pictures of their builds in the Facebook group that I created for just that purpose. I however will post my build here and I'll make a build thread. My only problem at the moment is life has gotten in the way and I haven't had much time to work on the kit since I got it. In addition, this whole last week is the anniversary of the date of my son's death and model building is the last thing on my mind at the moment.

Edited by terrysumner
9 minutes ago, terrysumner said:

You have this way wrong. Kits were not just given out to some modelers in America. It was not even amk's idea to give any kits to anyone in America. It was my idea and my idea alone. I stated this previously but maybe you didn't see it. When I saw that the Malaysian modelers we're getting 10 kits it came to my mind that it would be cool if we in America could be doing this too. So I took it upon myself to contact Sio at AMK and bug the hell out of him to see if I could wrangle 10 kits out of him for us in America to do the same thing the Malaysian modelers we're doing. Amk is not trying to control anything as far as any flow of information goes. Once I had the commitment from Sio to get 10 kits I contacted Anthony Wan and he and I both contacted some of our friends who are good modelers to build these kits. It had nothing to do with this forum. 

Why didn't AMK contact someone here at ARC to get a build thread going and get some kits to the members, why did you basically have to beg AMK to get kits sent to the States?

You would think that they would be chomping at the bit to get the word out about the kit and get publicity on the world's largest modeling site, instead you had to basically beg them to give you some kits.

AMK is controlling the flow of info on this kit, they even banned people from their Facebook page who mentioned anything bad about the kit. (I know you don't know the answer to this but) Why were posts over at BM deleted? Seems like there is someone pulling strings trying to control the publicity of the kit, ARC is the only place I haven't heard of that happening but there is a small group here trying though.

Edited by GW8345

AMK shopped out potential review samples to several different site owners and people they felt would be key influencers

When those people started commenting on potential issues with the test shots and such as they were shown several months ago, those offers were either rescinded or level followed up on. 

In several cases there were situations where people who had been pretty even handed with the AMK situation, pointing out it's flaws and benefits switched to actively shouting down criticism, it was later revealed they were in the running for a F-14 test shot

21 minutes ago, Tapchan said:

I think he is referring to photos which were showing some problems and were deleted from the AMK Fanatic Club (i guess together with some of those posting them).

I like it the way it was with canopy for example - there was a concern about the misalign and Terry have shown some photos proving it's just a micro shift, completely negligible. Plastic have defended itself, without attacking those who dare to ask questions or seem to see a problem. Silencing people on the other hand brings more troubles after all - you'll keep people away from mentioning problems but after the kit leaves the bubble of rainbow perfect world and hits honest reviewers it gets smashed. 

Actually it's too bad AMK didn't go for this VX-9 scheme:

Znalezione obrazy dla zapytania vx-9 f-14

The included, black one is cool too, but I'm afraid i'd be short in skill to paint it properly.

That is a Bravo, not sure if a VX-9 Delta ever wore that scheme so that maybe why they didn't include it.

10 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

That is a Bravo, not sure if a VX-9 Delta ever wore that scheme so that maybe why they didn't include it.

Indeed, I've just found it out. Looks like all cats I want to build (beside VF-1) are F-14B. Gotta wait for some serious company to remind themselves there was Bravo between Alfa and Delta.

Edited by Tapchan
3 hours ago, Don said:

So...do we finally have a definitive release date from AMK yet?

Image result for take cover gif

:rolleyes:

Happy modeling all!

Too funny man, stop, you're killing me. :rofl: