1 hour ago, quang said:

What would you funny guys, do after the AMK F-14s finally hit the shops? Just wondering 😚

I'm going to Disneyland!

Just having a bit of fun. It'll come out and people will like it and buy it or they won't. The good thing is they will know what to look for and possibly what fixes may be required if any. That's a good thing isn't it?

1 hour ago, quang said:

What would you funny guys, do after the AMK F-14s finally hit the shops? Just wondering 😚

Easy...straight to the top of the "To Do... soon... eventually... maybe pile".

Image result for forklift warehouse loading gif

:woot.gif:

Happy Modeling All!

32 minutes ago, niart17 said:

I'm going to Disneyland!

Just having a bit of fun. It'll come out and people will like it and buy it or they won't. The good thing is they will know what to look for and possibly what fixes may be required if any. That's a good thing isn't it?

I don't think that the comments made here are actually helpful to anyone.

Those that are normal OOB modelers will find the comments here exaggerating or not importat.

River counters that build models, will always want to check by themselves. So will buy it anyway.

Rivet counters that do not build models (stay at the theory level of matters) would not buy it anyway.

Then there are the forum-fighter modelers. Well those won't change opinion. Will buy it or not. The end result is what it was before writing 300+ pages of 🐂💩...

😜😜😜

Edited by DIO
47 minutes ago, DIO said:

I don't think that the comments made here are actually helpful to anyone.

Those that are normal OOB modelers will find the comments here exaggerating or not importat.

River counters that build models, will always want to check by themselves. So will buy it anyway.

Rivet counters that do not build models (stay at the theory level of matters) would not buy it anyway.

Then there are the forum-fighter modelers. Well those won't change opinion. Will buy it or not. The end result is what it was before writing 300+ pages of 🐂💩...

😜😜😜

Just because you find no use for the information doesn't mean nobody else does. I've learned more about the F-14 than I've ever known. Plus there are some great reference pictures and drawings that have been presented. Plus, If you believe AMK (which there's no reason not to), they've learned from it as well and fixed some shape issues to make it a better model. I've also learned about new model molding techniques and how they are improving over time and how some new tech might still need tweaking. I've learned that marketing and customer communication is a tricky thing so if I ever choose to start my side aftermarket company (which I've considered) I've witnessed what works and what doesn't. I've learned how intolerant some people are towards others. I've also learned that some people take themselves waaay too seriously.

BTW, just curious. which category of the modelers that you mention do you feel you fall into?

edit: forgot to mention one more thing. I've learned that there are some really talented aftermarket people watching and participating in this thread that might be offering some wonderful goodies to improve and/or correct this model. And THAT is a great thing for everyone involved. ok, carry on.

Edited by niart17
9 minutes ago, niart17 said:

Just because you find no use for the information doesn't mean nobody else does. I've learned more about the F-14 than I've ever known. Plus there are some great reference pictures and drawings that have been presented. Plus, If you believe AMK (which there's no reason not to), they've learned from it as well and fixed some shape issues to make it a better model. I've also learned about new model molding techniques and how they are improving over time and how some new tech might still need tweaking. I've learned that marketing and customer communication is a tricky thing so if I ever choose to start my side aftermarket company (which I've considered) I've witnessed what works and what doesn't. I've learned how intolerant some people are towards others. I've also learned that some people take themselves waaay too seriously.

BTW, just curious. which category of the modelers that you mention do you feel you fall into?

edit: forgot to mention one more thing. I've learned that there are some really talented aftermarket people watching and participating in this thread that might be offering some wonderful goodies to improve and/or correct this model. And THAT is a great thing for everyone involved. ok, carry on.

I belong to the rivet counters that do not build models. Just maybe 1 per year.

2 hours ago, niart17 said:

...which category of the modelers that you mention do you feel you fall into?

Careful, I asked this question a few weeks ago, got my post deleted and a “permanent” mark on my account for an “abusive” post. 

I understand the rules of the forum and the role of the moderators. My deleted post was not abusive, and certainly not in the personal insult tones I’ve read in several recent posts. I PM’d the mod respectfully asking what it was in my post he thought was “abusive” and got no response. I don’t have an issue with a moderated forum but it sucks that a mod won’t explain their rationalization for deleting posts and issuing “ban points”. 

2 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Careful, I asked this question a few weeks ago, got my post deleted and a “permanent” mark on my account for an “abusive” post. 

I understand the rules of the forum and the role of the moderators. My deleted post was not abusive, and certainly not in the personal insult tones I’ve read in several recent posts. I PM’d the mod respectfully asking what it was in my post he thought was “abusive” and got no response. I don’t have an issue with a moderated forum but it sucks that a mod won’t explain their rationalization for deleting posts and issuing “ban points”. 

😀 ok, thanks. I don't see how that could be construed as abusive or anything, it was an honest question. I would think there are much more abusive posts here in the thread. But I do appreciate the heads up. DIO, I hope you didn't construe my question as abusive. I was honestly curious. I'm also curious which category he considers me but that's a different matter. 😁

Anyway, 300!!!!! We can do it.

3 minutes ago, niart17 said:

Nice. Love the weathering you got going on there, nice subtle corrosion control repaint areas around fasteners etc... and of course the pilot figure. If it's one of the figures I think they do wonderful work. Keep up the post! 

Not mine.
From fb page.

LINK :whistle:

On 9/26/2019 at 4:01 AM, Mstor said:

I think it bears mentioning that this is a privately owned and run forum. There is no such thing as free speech under these conditions. If the owner doesn't like what you have to say, they have every right to kick you off the forum or at very least read you the riot act. We are here at the sufferance of the owner's good graces. Let us not forget that unless we want to find ourselves looking for a new venue to post on.

Sorry to dig this up, I didn’t have time earlier, but this is IMO a really, really wrong way of thinking... First to be fair, the fact that this thread goes well over 200 pages, that can not happen if there is not a high level of freedom of speech right here, right in front of us! So hats off to the owner and the mods, personally I really appreciate it!

Their house their rules, I fully understand that and respect the rules on any forum, but if there is one unwritten rule that one shall not bother to say things the owner or mods don’t like, or else, then I have a huge problem with it. IMO no one should waste their time, second guessing what the owner may like or not, before they say anything. Forums are mainly for discussions, and discussion wouldn’t really work if there is not much freedom of speech??? The bottom line is, we won’t die if we won’t be allowed to post, and we certainly won’t die of we can post on an other, there will always be an other one on the internet! A forum on the other hand, live by their number of members, so it really should be the other way around! That the owners should be glad, that WE have chose their to spent our time on! Anyway, may the forum that grasp and respect the concept of free speech grow and prosper.

Edited by delide

Oh........... Guys,

It is only 247 pages! Let's make it 300 pages, and we will send 2 tomcats as a gift to the first reach 300 pages.

The kit is leaving the door to distributors. So, let me announce here ONLY for ARC:

The release date is October 31st, 2019!

Let's make this happen!

9 minutes ago, Sio said:

Oh........... Guys,

It is only 247 pages! Let's make it 300 pages, and we will send 2 tomcats as a gift to the first reach 300 pages.

The kit is leaving the door to distributors. So, let me announce here ONLY for ARC:

The release date is October 31st, 2019!

Let's make this happen!

Word!

21 minutes ago, terrysumner said:

What makes you think that?

I don't know why I have today moderation rights, so as I can see I can do anything with any post or thread. I think you should do with that something, before someone use this strange situation.

image.thumb.png.55a5ba6968e792e7707f29d0ba574a62.png