18 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

So I see ARC bowed to AMK's demands to delete posts, so much for a fair and honest modeling discussion.

No. Like I said, any discussion that devolves into company bashing of ANY company by anyone, will not be tolerated. This thread is supposed to be about the KIT, not the company AMK or Kinetic or Tamiya or Joe The Rag Man's Plastic Junk! Modeling discussion = Good. Company bashing = Not Good

Edited by terrysumner
7 minutes ago, terrysumner said:

No. Like I said, any discussion that devolves into company bashing of ANY company by anyone, will not be tolerated. This thread is supposed to be about the KIT, not the company AMK or Kinetic or Tamiya or Joe The Rag Man's Plastic Junk! Modeling discussion = Good. Company bashing = Not Good

But in this case, when he's coming to this forum willingly to accuse individuals of working for competitors, why this kind of accusations and posts are tolerated?

1 hour ago, terrysumner said:

This thread is supposed to be about the KIT

Is it supposed to be about the MODEL also Terry ? I like to check if a plastic model or CAD model ends up as an accurate representation of a real aircraft. Take the KH 1/32 OV-10 discussion here...

... yup was there bought the T-shirt.

I've built a Special Hobby Mirage F1 test shot. I've provided them some material, checked some CAD snapshots  for the Mirage III/5 and Super-Mystère B2.

Recently I've looked at a HB 1/32 A-26C test build photo and I wondered if the engine cowlings aren't off: diameter decreasing continually from rear to front while I believe the rear 2/3rds should be cylindrical.

Some play(ed ?) Sudoku, I play the Seven Errors Game on physical and virtual models. Kinetic has asked me for feedback on CAD models just like DML did some years ago.

Now there are numerous F-14 model kits around each with their pros and cons. Why should I keep my mouth shut ? Because my factual findings don't please a kit producer ? Should modelling forums turn into extensions of closed Facebook groups ?

Edited by Laurent
10 hours ago, Mstor said:

Offline? You mean not online, like maybe face to face? Wow. Didn't know ARC was that important in the world. Hmmmm..... :thumbsup: Just yanking your chain.

In any case, IMHO ARC speaks truth. Sometimes that's a bit hard to deal with. Sometimes people get upset about it. Sometimes people disagree with it. Sometimes people want to hide from it. But, hopefully, in the end, we are left with the pure distillation of our discourse, which, of course, is truth. :hmmm:

Actually, ARC is talked about a lot off line. More than Hyperscale and LSP. With that in mind, then somebody here must be putting on a good face to the real world!

Glt

1 hour ago, terrysumner said:

X2

2 hours ago, terrysumner said:

Yep, remember you saying that, also remember you saying that this thread was only for the discussion of the kit plastic itself so posts of pics/gifs designed to ridicule members who are pointing out flaws with the kit; posts of members accusing other members of having an axe to grind, working for/being paid by the competition, not having the skills to build this kit, attacking members for pointing out issues with the kit, claiming the Grumman drawings are incorrect are ok, even though they have nothing to do with the kit itself.

Posts were deleted and this thread is still 250 pages?  I can’t imagine there were only a couple of company bashing posts in this entire thread.  Thinking if only posts about the kit and not the company were removed,  there would be a lot less pages.

If you want to stop most or all of this, lock this thread.  Move the build to an in progress thread.  After that, someone may decide to start a new thread about the kit, but then it will be easier to moderate.  There seems to be almost zero value in letting this go on.

Edited by Dave Williams
1 minute ago, GW8345 said:

Yep, remember you saying that, also remember you saying that this thread was only for the discussion of the kit plastic itself so posts of pics/gifs designed to ridicule members who are pointing out flaws with the kit; posts of members accusing other members of having an axe to grind, working for/being paid by the competition, not having the skills to build this kit, attacking members for pointing out issues with the kit, claiming the Grumman drawings are incorrect are ok, even though they have nothing to do with the kit itself.

If you see junk like that....report it!  I've deleted a lot of that stuff already but I don't have the time to go back through the first couple of hundred pages to ferret out that stuff. I only started following this thread back at around  page185  or so when some things did get reported.

6 minutes ago, terrysumner said:

If you see junk like that....report it!  I've deleted a lot of that stuff already but I don't have the time to go back through the first couple of hundred pages to ferret out that stuff. I only started following this thread back at around  page185  or so when some things did get reported.

No offense but you missed a lot of posts.

2 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

Actually, ARC is talked about a lot off line. More than Hyperscale and LSP. With that in mind, then somebody here must be putting on a good face to the real world!

Glt

Maybe my understanding of the word "offline" is different from yours. Online discussion is that which occurs using computer media of some sort. Most often forums, social sites like Facebook, e-mail, etc (back in my early days BBS systems). Offline is discussion that occurs without the use of computerized media, such as face to face, telephone, snail mail. At least that is the usage I grew up with as the whole computer thing got started back before the World Wide Web existed. If I was online, I was on the computer. If I was offline, I wasn't on the computer.

Maybe the usage has changed and I'm just not "up" on the new usage. If so, please educate me as I am just an old fart that cut his teeth on Unix and Usenet.

Back to the plastic

I just looked the instructions, nice to see AMK is the first (to my knowledge) that got the ramps right.

Ramps 1 and 2 drop down to differing angles and I've never seen ramp three dropped down without ramp 1 and 2 being down.

And they provide an catapult holdback bar, though it appears to be molded to the kneeling nose strut  and is not separate. (Note, the triangle piece at the end of the holdback bar is not part of the bar itself, it is part of the catapults holdback the bar fits into)

Edit:

And for scratch builders who want a challenge, you can have the nose of the TARPS Pod open (the kit's TARPS Pod nose cone is separate and IIRC it opened to the left).

So you can put the pod on the aircraft with the PH's (Aviation Photographers Mates) working on the pod before flight.

If you can do that, you have mad scratch-building skills.

Pic of a TARPS Pod with the nose open.

https://www.wikiwand.com/en/Tactical_Airborne_Reconnaissance_Pod_System

Edited by GW8345
15 minutes ago, masanissa said:

AMK is responsible for sending out the Indiegogo orders. Don't expect your order to be fulfilled soon.

Well, it should be. They were the first  to support this whole thing, and there were only 46 of them according to the page. Pretty crappy to make them wait, if you ask me. 

5 hours ago, habu2 said:

Wow people still do that?  

I think its only done by some strange religious sects and people ordering food at some restaurants (holdovers from a bygone era). Other than that, I can't think of any reason to do it. :dontknow: :whistle:

8 hours ago, Mstor said:

Maybe my understanding of the word "offline" is different from yours. Online discussion is that which occurs using computer media of some sort. Most often forums, social sites like Facebook, e-mail, etc (back in my early days BBS systems). Offline is discussion that occurs without the use of computerized media, such as face to face, telephone, snail mail. At least that is the usage I grew up with as the whole computer thing got started back before the World Wide Web existed. If I was online, I was on the computer. If I was offline, I wasn't on the computer.

Maybe the usage has changed and I'm just not "up" on the new usage. If so, please educate me as I am just an old fart that cut his teeth on Unix and Usenet.

Talk on the street, or at the hobby shop for one. People still talk with each other around here.

Glt

9 hours ago, Mstor said:

Offline is discussion that occurs without the use of computerized media, such as face to face, telephone, snail mail.

You don’t say!?!?!?

People actually speak to each other with real voice and face to face in person or on traditional analogue telephones??? So primitive!    Not just Smile’s and Like’s. 

Well, I am one of those old perverts.

Best regards

Gabor

6 hours ago, evilmedic13 said:

Well, it should be. They were the first  to support this whole thing, and there were only 46 of them according to the page. Pretty crappy to make them wait, if you ask me. 

Maybe we´ll get invitations to a VIP tour of the factory to pick them up in person. Since we've been waiting so faithfully and patiently. 😄

7 hours ago, evilmedic13 said:

One of those 46 stepped up recently elsewhere, pointing the fact he's still got no kit and no news,

despite having contributed to a preorder to help a company, whereas some what he called "internet influencers" already got a kit for free.

Eventhough his claim and anger were justifiable, instead of having info or clarification by the manufacturer, he rapidly became a target of personnal attacks (of the same kind we saw here).

10 hours ago, evilmedic13 said:

Actually, those of us that preordered and paid were first. The Indiegogo thing came well after the initial preorders. Just sayin'. But tbh, I don't care if I get my kits first second or last, as long as I get my kits.

Edited by madmanrick