I just got mine today! I didn't pre-order tho, well, I did, but cancelled it a while ago. I ordered mine from Hobby Easy (first time) and wow, that was fast. Going through the instructions and now... I feel like a buffoon for saying,  but some of the steps are a little confusing 😕

goondman, are you in the USA? If so, when did yours ship?  Mine shipped on Oct 5th, but seems to be just sitting around either in Hong Kong customs or waiting for a flight out. It strange cause I had another kit order that shipped (sm air packet with tracking, sames as the F-14) Sept 23rd and I had it three days later (yea, I know that's usually fast) . Seems shipping from Hong Kong is a crap shoot.

Edited by Mstor

goondman, are you in the USA? If so, when did yours ship?  Mine shipped on Oct 5th, but seems to be just sitting around either in Hong Kong customs or waiting for a flight out. It strange cause I had another kit order that shipped (sm air packet with tracking, sames as the F-14) Sept 23rd and I had it three days later (yea, I know that's usually fast) . Seems shipping from Hong Kong is a crap shoot.

I ordered it on the 9th and I think it shipped on the 11th. Although this is the first time.I've ordered from Hobby Easy, it's not the first I've ordered from an entity in Hong Kong. Every time seems to get here pretty quick. Same goes when ive.ordered from Korea. Japan always seems to take 3 weeks or more.

I ordered it on the 9th and I think it shipped on the 11th. Although this is the first time.I've ordered from Hobby Easy, it's not the first I've ordered from an entity in Hong Kong. Every time seems to get here pretty quick. Same goes when ive.ordered from Korea. Japan always seems to take 3 weeks or more.

Thanks. Of the orders from Hobbyeasy that I can remember, they all got delivered pretty fast. I was really hoping that same would occur with the F-14. Oh well, nothing for it but to wait.:709-457:

Thanks. Of the orders from Hobbyeasy that I can remember, they all got delivered pretty fast. I was really hoping that same would occur with the F-14. Oh well, nothing for it but to wait.:709-457:

It would appear Murphy and his laws of the universe have.decided you need to wait 😉

Now, if the indiegogo orders would start to arrive.

I finally received a response yesterday, after I sent numerous emails, from AMK. I used the contact function on Indiegogo.

I expressed my concerns that the kit was being sold at eDay, and that many others who ordered the kit just a few weeks ago were receiving the F-14D while the Indiegogo people still were left in the dark after paying for the kit way back in 2017.

Quote:

"Those kits in eday, our distributor snet (sp) them there by air, without instruction books even. The kits to Telford didn’t send out yet. Your kits will be going out of our door earlier than that. Should be in a few days.

Packing single kits into small carton boxes is quite a work load for us.

Please be a bit more patient!"

I expect that the kit may arrive sometime in November, since it's not something that will be taken care of right away. My journey with getting the AMK F-14D will (hopefully) soon be over.

Years ago I pre-ordered the first release 1/48 F-4J direct from Zoukei-Mura,, which was scheduled for December. I got that kit right before X-mas and it included a very nice Christmas Greetings card that was signed by the Z-M Team! I was impressed with the packaging too. Looking forward to dealing with Z-M again.

Totally off topic, but Zoukei Mura is a class act in terms of customer relations, they go above and beyond with the little details! They also seem to ship on time and quickly. Now I've never had to order spare or replacement parts, but I hope that aspect is at least equal to the rest of their operation. I know their kits have reportedly had some errors, but their Phantom II's are great kits regardless and I am quite happy with them. In fact, I can't wait for the long nose Phantom's to be released.

Quote:

Nominated for Understatement of the Year - 2019

Nominated for Understatement of the Year - 2018

Nominated for Understatement of the Year - 2017

:bandhead2:     :bandhead2:     :bandhead2:

I finally received a response yesterday, after I sent numerous emails, from AMK. I used the contact function on Indiegogo.

I expressed my concerns that the kit was being sold at eDay, and that many others who ordered the kit just a few weeks ago were receiving the F-14D while the Indiegogo people still were left in the dark after paying for the kit way back in 2017.

Quote:

"Those kits in eday, our distributor snet (sp) them there by air, without instruction books even. The kits to Telford didn’t send out yet. Your kits will be going out of our door earlier than that. Should be in a few days.

Packing single kits into small carton boxes is quite a work load for us.

I expect that the kit may arrive sometime in November, since it's not something that will be taken care of right away. My journey with getting the AMK F-14D will (hopefully) soon be over.

Years ago I pre-ordered the first release 1/48 F-4J direct from Zoukei-Mura,, which was scheduled for December. I got that kit right before X-mas and it included a very nice Christmas Greetings card that was signed by the Z-M Team! I was impressed with the packaging too. Looking forward to dealing with Z-M again.

I hope they remember to pack the AMK t-shirt and cap too for those who ordered through indiegogo, or is it going to be another 2 years wait for the t-shirt and cap? 😀

Just a quick question. (I used to watch this thread with keen interest - until it spiralled in to... You know what I mean. )

Anyways, I went many many pages back from the last page in order to find out what (if anything) happened to the rearend of the kit. Did they fix it, was it as bad as it appeared or what?

Just a quick question. (I used to watch this thread with keen interest - until it spiralled in to... You know what I mean. )

Anyways, I went many many pages back from the last page in order to find out what (if anything) happened to the rearend of the kit. Did they fix it, was it as bad as it appeared or what?

You just had to open this can of worms again! 😉 It doesn t appear so, but there are plenty of pics on Facebook etc...

Oh and I decided to forgo the weapons sets. Turns out I ordered 3 Tomcats, not two like I thought. I surely don't need 6 of them, since I am still waiting on 3 from Victory. Plus I didn't really want to pay the extra postage for something I would probably end up selling or trading anyway.

Have you seen or heard anything from Victory? I'm really not wanting to pester Bob, but, I'm beginning to get a bit itchy about this kit.

I didn't open anything. No bashing, no hatin', just want to know.

What comes to FB, I came here for models and I don't consider FB as my modelling information source. ARC should be it.

I know, was just playing. But AMK's Facebook page does have some nice built up examples

Edited by goondman

Have you seen or heard anything from Victory? I'm really not wanting to pester Bob, but, I'm beginning to get a bit itchy about this kit.

Victory said the ship that was carrying them should've left port 7 days ago -tomorrow. 30-ish days from them they should have them.

Its hard to tell. It looks like they may have made some small changes, but from what I've seen from photos, it still doesn't look right. I'll know more when and if my kit ever gets off its fool in Hong Kong and makes it to the US.

P.S. Oh joy, oh joy. Seven days after the package made it to Hong Kong's airport it has finally made it to the shores of the Lake Michigan, i.e. Chicago. Now hopefully USPS will be able to figure out which direction Milwaukee is in (North for the uninitiated) and not sent the package 100 miles South like they did last time. Oh, the trials and tribulations of our beloved USPS.

In all fairness I should not berate them so. Most of the time they do a fine job. It just that when they make a mistake, they don't mess around. They make it a good one. :thumbsup:

Edited by Mstor

I hope they remember to pack the AMK t-shirt and cap too for those who ordered through indiegogo, or is it going to be another 2 years wait for the t-shirt and cap? 😀

You'd actually be brave enough to wear the things? Maybe around your home, but out in the public where other modelers might be lurking?:naughty: :whistle:

I took a look to the kit last night and I have to say that it is very impressive.  If we only focus on the kit and everything that offers out of the box, I think this is a superior kit than Tamiya kit.  The panel lines are not as petite or uniform as on Tamiya kit, but they actually work better for me.

Regarding accuracy, there is a difference between both kits on the rear as already discussed multiple times, but I don't think that is totally a deal breaker for me.

Regarding detail of the parts, like cockpit, wheel wells, AMK is superior as well. The optional canopy and optional wings are also a plus on the AMK kit. Just the decals themselves are worth $20-$30 dollars if I buy them from any of the decals makers and I paid $45.00 for the kit plus shipping,

In general, I am very happy with the two kits I waited so long to have.

Now, when will I be able to build it? Time will tell.

Juan

I spoke with him around the 21st of last month. He said he had not received the shipping notice yet. From the time he gets it, it usually takes about 25 days. I check my email almost daily, as he said he'd be notifying purchasers

Gary

I spoke with him around the 21st of last month. He said he had not received the shipping notice yet. From the time he gets it, it usually takes about 25 days. I check my email almost daily, as he said he'd be notifying purchasers

Gary

Neat. Thanks for the reply, I've been checking my email also. 

Goondman, thanks for your input. It's nice to have an approximate ETA, I'm thinking around 10 November. 

I can wait. Really. Now to finish this F6F. And F-4E. And -G. And that F-18......

Neat. Thanks for the reply, I've been checking my email also. 

Goondman, thanks for your input. It's nice to have an approximate ETA, I'm thinking around 10 November. 

I can wait. Really. Now to finish this F6F. And F-4E. And -G. And that F-18......

I forgot to add that he said he expected them sometime around the 30th.

Gary

I received my copy last week from HobbyEasy and it is signed in gold Sharpie by Sio.... 😁   And no, no NHC map was altered this time.

How long did your order arrive? I just ordered mine from Hobbyeasy the other day and this is the first time I've ordered from them.