How long did your order arrive? I just ordered mine from Hobbyeasy the other day and this is the first time I've ordered from them.

Took 9 days to be delivered to my PO box (Shipped on October 4, 2019 and delivered on the 12th) . NEVER had any problems with HobbyEasy but be aware that they sometimes takes 4-5 days to process and ship an order. 

How long did your order arrive? I just ordered mine from Hobbyeasy the other day and this is the first time I've ordered from them.

I finally got mine yesterday. It shipped on the 5th of Oct and spent most of its time in Hong Kong Customs or the airport waiting for a flight. Once it got to the US it took three days to get from Chicago to Milwaukee (not bad considering big city customs can sometimes take for ever).

Once I got it, I opened it up to take a look. You guys weren't kidding when you said the sprue bags were packed in there tight. There's no room in that box for anything else I may get except maybe some decals or PE. I took one bag out and promptly replaced it. I'm going to have to make some room and plan the kits unpacking carefully :hmmm:.

Edited by Mstor

So those of you that have the kit in hand have been mostly silent, except commenting on how stuffed the box is with sprues. Can we get some first impressions or more? Give us your take on the actual plastic. Inquiring minds want to know?

Edited by madmanrick

May be the glaring flaws detected by prophets and experten prove not to be flaws after all? 😇

Maybe critical thinking is not welcome ? Because some of the expertens do not have the kit in hand yet ?

Edited by Laurent

I did.   I reached out to them on the status and they said it should go out in November...

Outstanding news, I noticed that they have now changed their expected date from October to November.  Can't wait to get my hands on this kit.

Dave Fassett

Received two of my three kits late last evening. Sincere Hobby shipped them individually and I am expecting the third in a day or two. I didn't get to do much styrene caressing, but my first impressions are:

1. I agree with what's been said vis a vis the packed box. I don't think they could have fit another single thing in this box. I did take heed and numbered the bags as I removed them, which aided me in replacing them. So thanks for that suggestion!

2. Panel lines are very fine, I was going to break out my Tamiya 'Cat and compare the two, but I ran out of time before bed. I did compare them to the AMK MiG-31 and they are finer than the panel lines in their earlier kit.

3. The instructions are complicated and busy. Only time will tell if they are overly so though.

4. Price wise this compares very favorably to the Tamiya offering. I was able to purchase 3 kits WITH shipping, for under $200 dollars and that would have only gotten me two Tamiya 'Cats. Now with the rumored errors, that may be irrelevant to some. But, the jury is out on that yet for me.

5. Well worth the wait (not that any of us had any choice lol). I just hope that AMK has learned a lesson in regards to the very public way in which this kit was developed. Imo, less public discussion up front and surely MUCH less of the preorder/Indienogo (pun intended) nonsense and everyone's life will be much smoother and easier!

May be the glaring flaws detected by prophets and experten prove not to be flaws after all? 😇

The flaws are 100% there. The question that needs to be answered is if they are relevant to the individual builder or if they are a deal breaker...and that is 100% subjective and personal. 

It's the same thing as the old Hasegawa vs Academy F-15C argument..personal choice and value for the money.

The flaws are 100% there. The question that needs to be answered is if they are relevant to the individual builder or if they are a deal breaker...and that is 100% subjective and personal. 

It's the same thing as the old Hasegawa vs Academy F-15C argument..personal choice and value for the money.

Still can't put it to bed!!! Most everybody is ready to just build a kit instead of pointing out imaginary flaws. 

Gary

The kit is a mess.

The Experten are right.

The flaws are facts no matter how you want to make them go away.

I've held the actual plastic in my hands, since my friend got his kit that he ordered from overseas. It was compared to the Tamiya, and Hobby Boss kits.:touche:

They had bragged and billed it as "The Best 1/48 F-14D ever!" but had to take those words back because of numerous errors. The first test shots with the very wide hips, missing actuator bump. wrong angle on the refueling probe door, etc . . . caused more than a THREE YEAR delay in the release of the kit. They put a band aid on most of the shape problems. But they never solved the problems with the refueling probe door, weird wing gloves, the gap between the top of the wings and the top of the fuselage, or the strange slope on the rear fuselage.

The kit will be like having to carve on a block of wood to make it look accurate.

They can't boast about having "The Best Tomcat". Tamiya rules that roost , next is Hasegawa, then Hobby Boss.

The AMK kit is like most of the Hollywood actresses I meet here in LA. They are caked with make-up, photographed, posed, and lit to look like they're very beautiful, but when you meet them at the Studio you think, "My god what the , , , happened to her? She's looks nothing like she does in the movies.":jaw-dropping:

Great Wall Hobbies is about to enter the market. They won't boast about their F-14D kit. They'll let the plastic do the talking, and if there are shape issues with the kit, then GWH will do what they did with their MiG-29, P-61, and F-15 - They'll fix it and make it perfect.

The kit is a mess.

The Experten are right.

I've held the actual plastic in my hands, since my friend got his kit that he ordered from overseas. It was compared to the Tamiya, and Hobby Boss kits.:touche:

They had bragged and billed it as "The Best 1/48 F-14D ever!" but had to take those words back because of numerous errors. The first test shots with the very wide hips, missing actuator bump. wrong angle on the refueling probe door, etc . . . caused more than a THREE YEAR delay in the release of the kit. They put a band aid on most of the shape problems. But they never solved the problems with the refueling probe door, weird wing gloves, the gap between the top of the wings and the top of the fuselage, or the strange slope on the rear fuselage.

The kit will be like having to carve on a block of wood to make it look accurate.

They can't boast about having "The Best Tomcat". Tamiya rules that roost , next is Hasegawa, then Hobby Boss.

The AMK kit is like most of the Hollywood actresses I meet here in LA. They are caked with make-up, photographed, posed, and lit to look like they're very beautiful, but when you meet them at the Studio you think, "My god what the , , , happened to her? She's looks nothing like she does in the movies.":jaw-dropping:

Great Wall Hobbies is about to enter the market. They won't boast about their F-14D kit. They'll let the plastic do the talking, and if there are shape issues with the kit, then GWH will do what they did with their MiG-29, P-61, and F-15 - They'll fix it and make it perfect.

If nothing else I 'd venture to guess AMK has learned a valuable marketing lesson. 

I should have added ‘soothsayers’. 🤣

Where's the Ring doorbell cam footage of your Tomcats being delivered? :dontknow:😘😍😍😍😍😘😏😄😁

-Gregg

I don't know why all those emoticons showed up, I just used the first "shrug" one!

Edited by GreyGhost

Still can't put it to bed!!! Most everybody is ready to just build a kit instead of pointing out imaginary flaws. 

Gary

If you'd like to buy the kit for me, I'd be willing to take the time to photograph and clearly illustrate the problem areas so you can understand them. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

I should have added ‘soothsayers’. 🤣

Sorry but your AMK F-14D is not "The Best F-14D" ever. It's flawed, but not fatally, so they'll earn some money. That's how the rubber hits the road.

Trying to insult me by calling me a "soothsayer" shows you don't have any valid points to make.

Great Wall has a track record of fixing the kits they make.

Did you buy the AMK kit? Have you measured it and compared it to the very accurate Tamiya kit like I have?

So argue the facts here and stop making personal attacks.

The kit is a mess.

The Experten are right.

You can add those, saw on modelforum.cz: 

file.php?id=1528349

file.php?id=1528379

Someone was in a hurry.