Still can't put it to bed!!! Most everybody is ready to just build a kit instead of pointing out imaginary flaws. 

Gary

I'm still soooo confused. Not supposed to talk about flaws before the kits comes out. And now being told not supposed to after it's released? It's almost as if it's taboo to talk about this kit in any critical or critiquing way at all. ALMOST as if there's a shut up and build it mentality or something. I just can't keep up with these things.😀:cheers:

Sorry but your AMK F-14D is not "The Best F-14D" ever. It's flawed, but not fatally, so they'll earn some money. That's how the rubber hits the road.

Trying to insult me by calling me a "soothsayer" shows you don't have any valid points to make.

Great Wall has a track record of fixing the kits they make.

Did you buy the AMK kit? Have you measured it and compared it to the very accurate Tamiya kit like I have?

So argue the facts here and stop making personal attacks.

I said ‘soothsayer’ because of what you said in your previous post.

In Your own words:

Great Wall Hobbies is about to enter the market. They won't boast about their F-14D kit. They'll let the plastic do the talking, and if there are shape issues with the kit, then GWH will do what they did with their MiG-29, P-61, and F-15 - They'll fix it and make it perfect.“

The prediction makes you a soothsayer. I don’t even need to insult you. You provided the very stick to beat you. Now who’s ridiculous?

In Your own words:

Great Wall Hobbies is about to enter the market. They won't boast about their F-14D kit. They'll let the plastic do the talking, and if there are shape issues with the kit, then GWH will do what they did with their MiG-29, P-61, and F-15 - They'll fix it and make it perfect.“

The prediction makes you a soothsayer. I don’t even need to insult you. You provided the very stick to beat you. Now who’s ridiculous?

Errr... those are just his assumptions or expectations based on what GWH did in the past, that make him a what??? Anyway, he has the kit and posted his opinions about it, if you don't seem to care why bother.

It's not a matter of being in a hurry. It's a matter of having a CAD peer review process or not.

That looks like someone mixed up parts from different development stages (i.e. some older test tooling and the final one).

Edited by ijozic

Still can't put it to bed!!! Most everybody is ready to just build a kit instead of pointing out imaginary flaws. 

Gary

I must have a powerful imagination if others are seeing what I'm seeing as well

Again, it boils down to personal preference and what a person is willing to live with and what they're not. 

I must have a powerful imagination if others are seeing what I'm seeing as well

Again, it boils down to personal preference and what a person is willing to live with and what they're not. 

Here is what I don't understand. You've stated you have no interest in the AMK kit, but apparently you can't get it off your mind. You've made a bee line to the front to bash the kit you have no interest it. I don't see anybody busting the Tamiya kit on this thread, but you can bet the farm some would like to. For me the Tamiya was OK, but nothing more. I saw issues, but let it go. 

What we need is an ignore button like other forums have

Gsry

No offense intended but ignore really doesn't need a button. It's pretty simple. You see something and you can choose to ignore or respond. You don't see the issue with the kit, fine, then say you don't feel there are issues and move on to build it or ignore or whatever. Other's say they see something that's an issue to them, you can respond and/or ignore without a button. Either way that doesn't change that there are perceived (real or imaginary) issues with the kit. But it was stated long ago that those issues shouldn't be harped on before the kit is even created (even though the company itself asked for feedback and reportedly fixed some issues based on that feedback that was being bashed for providing) And now once the kit is out and pictures are available of the actual kit in hand, you're saying to drop the issues and just build the kit? That's an indication that at no time during the process is it ok to point out perceived flaws in this kit. So in my mind, that defeats the purpose of a discussion board if the discussion is only to be one sided. True? That's all. You don't feel any of what others are seeing is an issue. Then it's not an issue....to you. And that's great. It is to others....and that's ok too.

In Your own words:

Not a prediction. GWH makes GREAT Models. They HAVE corrected their kits that have had issues. I named them. Those are facts.

You on the other hand make statements that are never based on fact or reality.

And now here you are again trying to be cute by again personally insulting me. "The prediction makes you a soothsayer. I don’t even need to insult you. You provided the very stick to beat you. Now who’s ridiculous?"

That's all you can do? Insult people?

You made the claim, since those who received the kit weren't commenting on its flaws, that the "experten" were wrong and that the AMK kit is perfect. I shared my comparisons after holding AMK's F-14D in my own hands. Yep, it's got numerous issues.

Did you even bother to buy a AMK F-14D? Take pictures please.

Back up your assertions, or go away and post insults somewhere else.

ruh roh. Just a friendly casual observation/piece of advice. Be careful posting personal attacks, or anything sounding like it here. That is a sure fire way to get not only this thread locked down, but potentially banned from the site. I'm not an admin and carry no weight what-so-ever (well except for the doughnut belly weight but let's not go there) But I'd hate to see this thread go away after all this work. It's been enlightening for so many reasons so lets keep it civil and on track. I notice both of you guys are relatively new here so I just thought maybe a good heads-up would benefit you guys.

Ok, carry on.

Bill

"That is a sure fire way to get not only this thread locked down,"

I sure wouldn't complain if it were and would be happy to see it replaced by a thread dealing with "How to deal about the feeling of frustration" because it is what this thread has become , and the culprits are not the ones we are thinking of!