From design perspective, the panel lines/rivets are generally added to CAD texture surface as a single layer.

So may be due to some certain reason the rivet layer was forgotten to be added into the mold making process which is generally done by CNC machines.

Pls correct me if my knowledge is wrong as an amateur.

Part of the issue with the slat/wings is that AMK didn’t mold the slat bay. They molded the wing smooth all the way and there should be a recessed bay for the slat. So I see in all the builds, people don’t have a mark for where to paint the red. Some have lots of red vs some with almost no red. And if you do too much either way, it looks off. 

Brian 

Missing details on the wind and the air intake are indeed serious issues, as it takes great skill to fix them and also appear symmetrical to the other side of the model. The fact that they are at the under side, is simply irrelevant. If this was a valid thing, then we would not paint our models on the under side either...

9 hours ago, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Part of the issue with the slat/wings is that AMK didn’t mold the slat bay. They molded the wing smooth all the way and there should be a recessed bay for the slat. So I see in all the builds, people don’t have a mark for where to paint the red. Some have lots of red vs some with almost no red. And if you do too much either way, it looks off. 

Brian 

Lol. They’ve done what every Skyhawk kit producer couldn’t. 

Mark

10 hours ago, haneto said:

From design perspective, the panel lines/rivets are generally added to CAD texture surface as a single layer.

So may be due to some certain reason the rivet layer was forgotten to be added into the mold making process which is generally done by CNC machines.

Pls correct me if my knowledge is wrong as an amateur.

if it were simply a matter of one complete side or area missing I could see that, but there are details on each, they just don't match in regards to what's there and how fine they are. But at this point, it's up to the company to figure out how it happened, now is when we need to figure out the best way to fix it etc....

1 hour ago, zerosystem said:

we need to fix it?  that says alot from those who haven't seen the kit at all, let alone tried to build it. 

75317285_10221134638462674_4668876505860800512_o.jpg

So you're saying that Zacto is showing doctored images of the kit or something? You're saying that there are no missing rivet details and mismatched panel lines etc... on the bottoms of the wings? Your build pics are amazing and it looks like you're doing a wonderful job on your build. But just because you're building it and are doing good on it doesn't mean that what's being pointed out is false. Those things don't matter to you then fine, proceed with your build and post your glowing review of the kit if you so choose. But please stop with the judgmental posts about those that might care about such things. 

40 minutes ago, niart17 said:

So you're saying that Zacto is showing doctored images of the kit or something? You're saying that there are no missing rivet details and mismatched panel lines etc... on the bottoms of the wings? Your build pics are amazing and it looks like you're doing a wonderful job on your build. But just because you're building it and are doing good on it doesn't mean that what's being pointed out is false. Those things don't matter to you then fine, proceed with your build and post your glowing review of the kit if you so choose. But please stop with the judgmental posts about those that might care about such things. 

Nope, I’m saying I’m building it to find out for myself.  I haven’t found the same issues that others have about the panel lines on the parts.

Missing rivets is subjective as well as the slat wells because these are things that have been criticized on others kits from having.

my review won’t be glowing as there are a number of engineering choices that have baffled and frustrated me.  In the end it’s been both fun and frustrating, which is kinda the hobby

10 minutes ago, zerosystem said:

I haven’t found the same issues that others have about the panel lines on the parts.

Are you saying that your kit doesn’t have the mismatched scribing others have posted pics of?

Or are you commenting on the depth/width of the scribed panel lines?

4 hours ago, zerosystem said:

Missing rivets is subjective as well as the slat wells because these are things that have been criticized on others kits from having.

I'm sorry, but this statement just doesn't make sense. How can missing rivets and slat wells be subjective? If they are observable and reproducible in photographs, then they are fact and the observation is objective. What others might say about different kits has no bearing on this discussion. Or are you implying what niart17 has asked about, that Zactoman and others have falsified the images.

4 hours ago, zerosystem said:

Nope, I’m saying I’m building it to find out for myself.  I haven’t found the same issues that others have about the panel lines on the parts.

It is very laudable that you are building and examining the kit for yourself. Are you saying that the issues pointed out by Zactoman do not exist on your kit? Are there then different versions of the kit and some have inconsistent details and others don't? I'm trying to equitable here but I am having a hard time understanding what you are trying to convey.

I am trying not to make this sound like a personal attack because that is not what this is. I am trying to understand what you are saying. I think there is some miscommunication occurring here and perhaps what we are inferring from your statements is not what you are try to say.

On 11/8/2019 at 8:43 AM, niart17 said:

So you're saying that Zacto is showing doctored images of the kit or something? You're saying that there are no missing rivet details and mismatched panel lines etc... on the bottoms of the wings? 

Zactoman did go to the Area 51raid. Maybe they implanted a chip like all the ppl that sa aliens 🥴

On 11/8/2019 at 3:30 PM, zerosystem said:

I haven’t found the same issues that others have about the panel lines on the parts.

I am interested in this aswell, This almost sounds like there are two versions out there. Maybe preproduction examples or something like that?

On 11/7/2019 at 10:17 AM, Zactoman said:

More molding issues and inconsistencies...

The undersides of the dirty wings have a bunch of missing rivets on one wing and the rivets that are there are finer than those on the other wing:

Wing_bottom_flaws_zps0royoltn.jpg

The underside of the slats have big inconsistencies.

At the top of this pic is one of the separate slats next to the clean wing fixed slat. One of these is not the same.

Note that the fixed slat has raised circles with fine holes for rivets. These could be sanded down but the rivets will likely need to deepened or lost.

At the bottom are the two separate slats. One of these is not the same.

Note that the upper slat has a row of fine dashed lines and large, soft engraved rivets while the lower slat has sharper rivets and a continuous line.

Slat_bottom_flaws_zpshcpoljuc.jpg

Fortunately(?), these problems are on the underside where they won't be seen as much...

:cheers:

Just had a look at my kit. Concur with the findings that rivet detail is missing from the underside of the dirty wing. 

However, I found my slats for both the clean and dirty wings to be molded correctly with complete panel lines and rivets. 

Mark

19 hours ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

Just had a look at my kit. Concur with the findings that rivet detail is missing from the underside of the dirty wing. 

However, I found my slats for both the clean and dirty wings to be molded correctly with complete panel lines and rivets. 

Mark

Man, this is getting stranger and stranger. Some kits have missing/messed up details on the bottom of the slats and some don't? What is going on here? Did AMK make two sets of molds with each being messed up in different areas? Could this be a problem that is occurring during the actual pressing of the parts? In any case, how is all this getting past QA?