6 hours ago, madcop said:
I hope that the curtain will finally fall on this very bad play in a few days ...pity I will not have the promised T-shirt, I could have cleaned the scene with ... Just hope that my kit box won't be

signed by Sio !

Madcop.

I find it just amazing, and shameful, that they left you guys hanging for so long. Certainly a case of having their priorities f***ed up. I'm glad that you are finally getting your kits.

On a lighter note - for the one or two following closely the important discussions regarding the Deluxe Turbo Encabulator used in the F-14. GW8345  came through for me. Unfortunately, after assembling his Interocitor, he was kidnapped by Exeter and taken to his planet Metaluna. He managed find the info there and send it to me on my Interocitor. It appears that the only difference between the Deluxe and the standard Turbo Encabulator is that the six gyro-controlled antigravic marzelvanes that are attached to the ambifacient wane shafts to prevent internal precession are chrome plated. GW8345 is on his way back to earth after stealing Exeter's spaceship but unfortunately Exeter has remotely destroyed both our Interocitor devices.

10 minutes ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

No, you'll probably get an empty box with a USB cable in it

Could be they were obtained via a 5 finger discount off the back of a truck. :whistle:

1 hour ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

No, you'll probably get an empty box with a USB cable in it

I also was thought about it.

1 hour ago, Mstor said:

Could be they were obtained via a 5 finger discount off the back of a truck. :whistle:

))))

1 hour ago, goondman said:

If you have the 18.99 to burn, try it; Ebay will refund it. I just wouldn't expect it. A few of us got burned during the summer buying a kittyhawk su-34 for 19.99

OK! Understood you.....😀

Here is the latest info on when the kit is at Sprue Brothers...

"AMK 1:48 F-14D Tomcat - we are expecting an early December arrival.   We have hundreds on the way - no need to reserve one on pre-order in order to get one."

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

3 hours ago, goondman said:

If you have the 18.99 to burn, try it; Ebay will refund it. I just wouldn't expect it. A few of us got burned during the summer buying a kittyhawk su-34 for 19.99

Burned? I'd say so if someone would lost his money. 

On a positive note, got an email today from Bob of Victorymodels that they 're getting kits in the beginning of December give or take few days. Price of preordered kits will be 20% less than their site price plus small shipping fee. Weapons set will accompany.

4 hours ago, Helmsman said:

Burned? I'd say so if someone would lost his money. 

On a positive note, got an email today from Bob of Victorymodels that they 're getting kits in the beginning of December give or take few days. Price of preordered kits will be 20% less than their site price plus small shipping fee. Weapons set will accompany.

Got that message from Bob also. Patience rewarded. Yay!

19 hours ago, madcop said:

Finally received an email from VICKY this morning with a tracking number. The kit is still in Canton international. Should take to 20-25 days to arrive.

All the comments from the crowd funders on AMK shitbook Official Fan page [mine(s) included] have of course been deleted by  AMK Official Fan Club's communist censorship.

I hope that the curtain will finally fall on this very bad play in a few days ...pity I will not have the promised T-shirt, I could have cleaned the scene with ... Just hope that my kit box won't be

signed by Sio !

Madcop.

Madcop

Happy to learn that you too received notice that the kit you paid for over two years ago is finally being sent.:thumbsup:

I had sent an angry email to Sio, via the Indiegogo webpage,  just a few days before he finally tasked Vicky with the logistics of sending out the kits.

Of course all the comments would be scrubbed from their Facebook page. Don't forget, over at another modeling forum located somewhere in the middle of the UK :whistle: , the whole AMK F-14D thread was locked down by one of the moderators :worship: who also deleted any mention of AMKs failures to provide kits. He locked the Airfix 2020 thread also, just to give himself cover. 

We do get an extra weapons set instead of a T-Shirt. My spend on Indiegogo didn't qualify me for a hat.:ripped: :rofl:

I hope my kit is signed in GOLD!!! by Sio. That will drive up it's worth!

Like you, I'll be happy once the kit has arrived so I can put everything behind me. Will I buy the AMK F-104G?:banana:

Other than that it has been fun learning about what a real F-14D looks like by studying the shapes of the AMK kit. :stooges:

(Almost at 270!!!)

Edited by masanissa
On 11/18/2019 at 9:16 PM, Mstor said:

Lets hope Zactoman can shed some light on the issues there.

As I noted previously (here and pic), the encabulator was replaced with the oscillation overthruster on subsequent models.

On 11/11/2019 at 11:18 PM, Zactoman said:

The AMK just looks thick (and it's not just the forward fuselage).

More when time permits...

Comparing the fuselage centerlines.
Some dimensions (AMK red, Tamiya blue):

Side_dims_zpsuzhwfaij.jpg
Dimensions are approximate but pretty close. I used a pair of 6" calipers where I could and spring calipers where those wouldn't reach. I double checked (triple in some spots) and averaged the results. Close enough for government work.

To get the centerline profile I propped the models up on top of a print of the Grumman drawing, aligning the underside of the tip of the nose and the underside of the rear fuselage:

Profile_method_zpsiwq5noz7.jpg
I then used machinist square(s) and went around the edges (where I could) and made small marks on the drawing as well as taking a bunch of pictures.
The AMK kit took about 1/2 hour to do.
The Tamiya kit took less than a minute, no marks necessary and I didn't even bother taking pics. The only area it differed was the boat tail.

Side_profiles_zps1vdgrc4d.jpg

Side_profiles_Grum_zpsicebqakm.jpg

Side_profiles_Grum_F_zpscejswbt2.jpg

Side_profiles_Grum_R_zpsbvds182k.jpg

I then used these points and drew the profile in Photoshop. I filled in the gaps where the machinist square wouldn't reach (between the rear nacelles) by eye as well as using what dimensions I had already taken. The fact that AMK chose to incorporate flat panels rather than curved made this easy.
The end result is approximate but pretty close.

What the drawing doesn't show clearly is the flat surfaces on the AMK and the harsh transition of the boat tail section. The area between the staples and the boat tail section is almost flat on the AMK then sharply angles downward at the boat tail section, creating a convex peak.

Flat_peak_convex_zpsy0whkldz.jpg

Compare to the Tamiya kit which has gentle curves and a convex profile.

Curved_convex_zps9ykwmlf0.jpg

With certain lighting the AMK peak is pronounced.

Top_flat_peak_zps81tnlhng.jpg

The underside is similar, almost flat with an even harsher angled transition.

Bottom_flat_peak_zpsf4nywooq.jpg

I mentioned that the AMK looked thicker. Much of that through the rear centerline area is underneath so maybe not a huge bother. The flat panels and that transition do bother me though.

More coming, time permitting...

:cheers:

8 hours ago, Zactoman said:
On 11/18/2019 at 10:16 PM, Mstor said:

Lets hope Zactoman can shed some light on the issues there.

As I noted previously (here and pic), the encabulator was replaced with the oscillation overthruster on subsequent models.

I had completely forgotten about that. Just goes to show that you can't trust drawings from unknown sources. Of course I believe the oscillation overthruster came in to used on D model and the pic is an early A. So the encabulator would still be correct, just not pertinent to our discussion on the AMK F-14. Why anyone would bring up information not pertinent to the current discussion is beyond me.

Oh, wait... never mind. :whistle:  :doh:

Back to the serious stuff. Really great examination of the center section of the fuselage Zactoman. I am surprised to see the differences in the thickness of the AMK kit compared to the Tamiya. I am hoping that you have the engine nacelles and the shape issues in the rear on your to do list soon. We've all been expecting a lot from you and I just want you to know I appreciate all the time you're taking to do this analysis.

I think the differences you have found are not worth all the previous fuss. They are almost non existent to the eye and most probably do not matter for the wider range of modelers.

The issues that do matter though are those that have to do with missing details, inconsistent details or differences between mirrored parts of the model.

Those are not easy to fix and require skills much above the average: rescribe, but also do it in a way similar to the other side.

It would be great if AMK resolved those before reissuing any further copies.

1 hour ago, Ventris said:

I just saw that seller offered a few more at this price.

If the kit arrives I will keep the decals and sell the plastic crap, if not paypal refund.

Yes definitely unbuildable. Throw it out of the window. Just wait for me.

Edited by DIO