33 minutes ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

:coolio: Naaaaaaaaaahhh... really? So, Martin; how would you explain your having gone silent from this thread? And the Facebook Fandom page farce then?

You, or anyone for that matter, are not owed an explanation. It's pretty much as simple as that.

4 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

There are three issues with the Mk-82's that throw them off. Each one by itself isn't too bad, but all together really does them in.

The nose should be 4.75 inch in diameter, but scales out to 6 inches. The bomb body is a constant curve throughout its length and the fin is 3 scale inches too short. 

For what it's worth, I never take calipers or a scale ruler to ordnance or kits unless something "sticks" out and I'm trying to identify what "it" is. In the case of the Mk-82 and LAU-68, they just didn't look right, so I checked and that is what I found to be the issue. For the LAU-68, it should be 60 inches long (+/-), but scales out to 45 inches.

There may in fact be scale issues with the rest of the ordnance, but I am not inclined to check (or care to check) because they "look" right.

Dave, take a look at the back end, where the hernia bar goes, never seen a back end of a Mk 82/MAU-93 conical fin look like that.

Feel free to check out our partners in Italy, Model Assistance.

http://www.radiokontrol.it/

Feel free to visit our friends at Cocktail II in France or Monsterkit. 
Germany is in discussions regarding an order at the present time. 

There are also many others across the EU, Robotines in Spain, Makettshop in Hungary, Hannants in the UK and others.

Hope this assists you.

Thank you for asking 🙂

10 minutes ago, GW8345 said:

Dave, take a look at the back end, where the hernia bar goes, never seen a back end of a Mk 82/MAU-93 conical fin look like that.

Hi Dave,

I lost your address by the way, if you could PM me that would be great as I owe you a Christmas card.

We would be most grateful if you could check our drawings and cads for the next sets. Would you be happy to do that for us?

58 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Hi Dave,

I lost your address by the way, if you could PM me that would be great as I owe you a Christmas card.

We would be most grateful if you could check our drawings and cads for the next sets. Would you be happy to do that for us?

Are you addressing me or Dave Roof?

Edited by GW8345
9 hours ago, GW8345 said:

Yeah, noticed that as well. Strangely enough, the GBU-38 is pretty darn good. 

On 12/11/2019 at 6:47 PM, Darren Roberts said:

You are, of course, correct. But this thread hasn't been on relevant topic for a very long time. It's now become kind of a joke to get it to 300 pages. It's kind of like a car wreck. You know you aren't supposed to slow down and look, but you do anyway...and then you're sorry you did.

So now its about trying to get somebody something for nothing...
Who is the scammer here exactly?

16 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

You, or anyone for that matter, are not owed an explanation. It's pretty much as simple as that.

AMk can have their own reasons, but Hubbie Marsten does have a point too. In all fairness, yes, AMK had been active online from time to time, but about being open to customers... May I just say they would need to try harder then.

Being online is certainly great, but as an normal and honest person I will insist that if one want to earn more money from potential customers, one also need to invest more time and money in their own work, preferably with one's own money, no risk no fun I guess, but whatever, I'm no businessman, I just vote with my wallet. Since AMK is not the most productive manufacturer with single new tooled subject in 4 years, I do not get to vote often anyway. If they will try to be more active offline too(in their design and tooling works) then maybe I shall see next time. 

24 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

So now its about trying to get somebody something for nothing...
Who is the scammer here exactly?

Doh! you caught on to my dastardly plan. I was going to con them out of a kit by bumping up the thread count. I was hoping to retire to the Caribbean if i won by selling it on Ebay. Or it could be that it's just a fun way to discuss the subject while also learning stuff along the way. Nah, you're right. it's a con.😁

1 hour ago, delide said:

AMk can have their own reasons, but Hubbie Marsten does have a point too. In all fairness, yes, AMK had been active online from time to time, but about being open to customers... May I just say they would need to try harder then.

Being online is certainly great, but as an normal and honest person I will insist that if one want to earn more money from potential customers, one also need to invest more time and money in their own work, preferably with one's own money, no risk no fun I guess, but whatever, I'm no businessman, I just vote with my wallet. Since AMK is not the most productive manufacturer with single new tooled subject in 4 years, I do not get to vote often anyway. If they will try to be more active offline too(in their design and tooling works) then maybe I shall see next time. 

or at their workshop.

file.php?id=1546623

file.php?id=1546616

file.php?id=1546615

file.php?id=1546617

source: https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=129847&p=2271056&hilit=amk#p2271056

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

Who’s doing that?

My sweet wife is, habu. She just translated "Prepadliny na čelnom štítku nedostrieknuté rámovanie čelného štítku, kaz (prasklina) na hlavnom prekryte" in the first picture for me.

Says the windshield has not only cracks, but it also lacks the frame. And also that the canopy has an awful crack.

What was that again, hun...?

Oh, she will no longer translate for me any more. :crying:

14 minutes ago, Ventris said:

Are those parts damaged by bad packing or produced like that?

Cracks are always owing to inefficient packaging; take a good look at how cramped parts are inside the box. As for "Kvalita lisovania čelného štítku", the wife says it's bad quality of moulding of the clear windshield. Why it doesn't surprise me at all? Only fools rush in. 

4 hours ago, shion said:

I currently have 4 kits on hand. All four have the slight distortion in the windscreen, three have bent canopy frames and none of them have the scratch in the canopy. All three canopy frames appear to easily be fixed once the clear parts are installed, so are probably a non-issue.

3 minutes ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Cracks are always owing to inefficient packaging; take a good look at how cramped parts are inside the box. As for "Kvalita lisovania čelného štítku", the wife says it's bad quality of moulding of the clear windshield. Why it doesn't surprise me at all? Only fools rush in. 

Even in packing their kits AMK gets beaten by everyone else.

Just now, Dave Roof said:

I currently have 4 kits on hand. All four have the slight distortion in the windscreen, three have bent canopy frames and none of them have the scratch in the canopy. All three canopy frames appear to easily be fixed once the clear parts are installed, so are probably a non-issue.

That sounds like horrible quality control . Iam not surprised though.