1 hour ago, zerosystem said:

This angle doesn't seem to be represented in pictures that I've seen. 

This  (the picture below is of the 1/72nd GWH Tomcat kit - NOT the 1/48 AMK one).

49093040301_4a56d9c1cc_c.jpg

And there (the picture below is of the 1/72nd GWH Tomcat kit - NOT the 1/48 AMK one).

49068518796_6085c9c7b9_c.jpg

1 hour ago, IAGeezer said:

Are you somebody's ex-wife? You seem to have a lot in common with one. Please give us another of your long winded, useless retorts.

:rofl:I guess it's your fault as a husband if your wife throws awful, long winded, useless retorts to you. 

I'm much more intelligent than you are, obviously. I will never dub a "long winded, useless retort" to anything a lady says to me, whether she's my wife or ex. I pity the ladies who've got to suffer you. 

Edited by Hubbie Marsten
To avoid misleding by the pictures posted
2 hours ago, madmanrick said:

Can't tell you what page, but I can tell you that it was Sio that stated he would gift two kits to the first person to post on page 300. Now as to being disappointed, that's for each to decide for themselves. I can tell you that I am extremely disappointed with the trolls that can't seem to avoid this thread. I keep hoping that a moderator will step in and do some more banning, but alas that is almost as unlikely as AMK sending 4 kits to the first person to post on page 400.

Sure, because nothing like a good banning to keep opinions you disagree with from having to be seen when a simple scroll on by with the mouse wheel would do the same. :woot.gif:

In reality, with very few exceptions, there hasn't been much that should be worthy of a banning. But again, not my site, not my rules. 

5 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

I cant help thinking somebody will be disapointed on page 300

I can't help thinking somebody will be disappointed on page 299 - and 298, and 297, and 296, and.... (insert looping code here) ...  and 199, and 198...

And... since you missed it in my previous post:

/S

6 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Strange that a manufacturer would reward anyone with two kits for just having been the one hitting the 300 page first,

Yea, it is a bit strange, but I will confirm that he said it in a post here in this thread. At this point, it would probably be disastrous if he backed out on it, so I would think that there will be some lucky winner when we hit that magical 300. If its me, I will donate my kits either to a local club or to someone here who doesn't have but wants badly to have the kit. I already have one and I doubt I will every build it. Partly because of its problems but also because I have, of late, realized that I have WAY too many kits and probably won't live long enough to finish them.

8 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Strange that a manufacturer would reward anyone with two kits for just having been the one hitting the 300 page first,

out of 7,000+ posts over 287 pages, THIS is what you found strange ???   lol

10 hours ago, Mstor said:

At this point, it would probably be disastrous if he backed out on it

Hi Mark,

Well, he's already backed out in luring the modellers into fundraising by promising such a definitive F-14 kit that it'd be capable to take off from a catapult just by itself...

10 hours ago, Mstor said:

I already have one and I doubt I will every build it. Partly because of its problems but also because I have, of late, realized that I have WAY too many kits and probably won't live long enough to finish them.

Heh! I'm 35 and I doubt I will be ever able to put together all of the kits I've got in the stash as well. The kits, the aftermarkets, the decals, the tools, the paints and reference material. My wife once suggested I start fashion a list with update prices of everything there is to sell in the event that I go cactus... :rofl:

7 hours ago, habu2 said:

out of 7,000+ posts over 287 pages, THIS is what you found strange ???   lol

If I'm the one hitting the 300-page mark first - and provided Sio fulfil his promise to me - I'll get the dirty wings out of each kit and give one kit to you and the other one to B.Sin for the giggles.

34 minutes ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Hi Mark,

Well, he's already backed out in luring the modellers into fundraising by promising such a definitive F-14 kit that it'd be capable to take off from a catapult just by itself...

Heh! I'm 35 and I doubt I will be ever able to put together all of the kits I've got in the stash as well. The kits, the aftermarkets, the decals, the tools, the paints and reference material. My wife once suggested I start fashion a list with update prices of everything there is to sell in the event that I go cactus... :rofl:

If I'm the one hitting the 300-page mark first - and provided Sio fulfil his promise to me - I'll get the dirty wings out of each kit and give one kit to you and the other one to B.Sin for the giggles.

Word!

23 hours ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Yes, they do.

:hmmm:I wonder whether the modeller who bought the AMK kit on the crowd funding had committed all the same had they known that the rear end of the kit would be like it is today... Perhaps?

In your world, buddy. Not mine. So what did they buy? A kit which was LIGHT YEARS FAR from being as advertised/promised - or whatever AMK did so that modellers would commit?

Likewise, if that's the idea you've got about me, I could easily think exactly the opposite regarding your defending AMK. But do you know what? I simply don't care what you think about me; I simply don't care. Fact is the AMK kit is cactus.

What? The fat hinds on the AMK kit? The wrong IFR probe panel placement? Oh, I know exactly where they are, as they're glaring issues in the kit that will just jump at you from every angle. :tease:

That is part and parcel of crowd funding, you are buying the unknown. If you dont know that then you really dont belong there.

They bought the kit that they ended up with, plain and simple. You are trying to champion a cause that doesnt exist.

I wasnt talking about the kit I was talking about the quote.

21 hours ago, Don said:

Page-204 Sio's August 20 post. Whomever gets the first post on page-300 will get two AMK F-14's. Sio/AMK will deliver on their promise no doubt. It won't be me though... if it weren't for bad luck I'd have no luck at all...:crying:.

But if I do get the first post on page-300  I will gift one of the kits to another ARC'er to spread the wealth.

Happy modeling all!

I wonder if he realised he would end up going down in ARC history as being the first thread that was better left unread.

20 hours ago, niart17 said:

Sure, because nothing like a good banning to keep opinions you disagree with from having to be seen when a simple scroll on by with the mouse wheel would do the same. :woot.gif:

And if you believe that's what this is about, then I suggest perhaps you haven't been paying attention. Or perhaps reading comprehension isn't a strong suit? Either way, it is far from "opinions you disagree with," rude, condescending and downright hostile behavior and conduct is much more like it and to many others besides myself. But, then of the two of us, *I* am not a moderator.

Very first review of the kit in a model magazine: Model Aircraft.

The very same pics we already saw here, without top/bottom/front views.

Despite the "editorial" treatment, you can spot the pretty visible parting line on the cockpit bottom and numerous fitting problems (front fuselage-main body, top-bottom fuselage parts near the stabs, main body-beavertail), the now famous optical illusion at the rear, the problem with the wingbags...

Funny thing about the fit issues: someone pointed out the fit issues visible in picture during the WIP by the author and guess what?

pics of these issues and discussion about them disappeared. 😄

So yes of course absolutely no word about how the build was.

No word too about the use of aftermarket parts other than the RBF.

1 hour ago, ElectroSoldier said:

I wasnt talking about the kit I was talking about the quote.

I care very little what you were talking about, as talking to you is like talking to an obsequious wooden pole, or even worse.

1 hour ago, shion said:

Funny thing about the fit issues: someone pointed out the fit issues visible in picture during the WIP by the author and guess what? pics of these issues and discussion about them disappeared. 

Not a bit surprised; not at all. That's what I've seen happening once and again from the AMK team throughout the development of their F-14D kit along the whole length of this thread from the moment the fat hinds rose their ugly face. Lies, cover-ups, denial, and utter unacceptable bollocks. Sure Sio and Martin still think they can hide something that's plain obvious with such pathetic tactics... :rolleyes: 

8 minutes ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

I care very little what you were talking about, as talking to you is like talking to an obsequious wooden pole, or even worse.

Not a bit surprised; not at all. That's what I've seen happening once and again from the AMK team throughout the development of their F-14D kit along the whole length of this thread from the moment the fat hinds rose their ugly face. Lies, cover-ups, denial, and utter unacceptable bollocks. Sure Sio and Martin still think they can hide something that's plain obvious with such pathetic tactics... :rolleyes: 

In that case I think we have something in common... only one, and thats the opinion we hold about each other.Although I wouldnt put you quite that high.

1 minute ago, ElectroSoldier said:

In that case I think we have something in common... only one, and thats the opinion we hold about each other.Although I wouldnt put you quite that high.

The high wooden pole? Or you mean that you agree with me that the whole AMK propaganda was so regrettable now?

Oh, and what's an electro soldier, anyways...??? 

12 minutes ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

But they tried and try again.

See the article intro:

Here we have the recent, and might I add quite superb 1:48 AMK F-14D Super Tomcat...

57 minutes ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

The high wooden pole? Or you mean that you agree with me that the whole AMK propaganda was so regrettable now?

Oh, and what's an electro soldier, anyways...??? 

You guys need to get a room or something? I mean the repressed love here is just amazing. :woot.gif:

50 minutes ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

DPsNGqJ.jpg   and might I add quite superb 1:48 AMK F-14D Super Tomcat...

Why are you laughing? It really is the second best overall 1/48 Tomcat model on the market. The detail is superb. The landing gear bays are the best of any 1/48 Tomcat kit on the market. The dirty wings also. Fit is moderately good, and much better than the Hasegawa kit. Overall shape issues is where it falls flat. But that's only one aspect of why people build models. So while shape accuracy may be the most important thing to you, it doesn't make the AMK Tomcat a "bad" model. It just means it's bad for you. Just for the record, I've been building models longer than you've been alive, and this kit is very good, even with the issues it has. If this kit had come out 15 years ago, it would have made people's heads explode at how nice it was. I think what you (and many others) are having trouble with is separating the merits/issues of the model with the company itself. You are projecting your ill-will against the company (which is perfectly valid and probably warranted) on to the model, which clouds your ability of being objective about it. Do you agree with the following?

Price point - positive

Fit - neutral

Detail - positive

Shape - negative

Extras - positive

If so, then you have to agree that overall it's a good model. If not, what do you disagree with and why?

Edited by Darren Roberts