3 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Even if that were true, what difference does it make?

The difference is that this kind of "mistakes" exist for every single model and they have been over exaggerated for this particular one for hundreds and hundreds of pages.

Having said that though I acknowledge that there are issues with his model. It is definitely not the perfect model we expected after 3 years of wait, but maybe close enough.

On 12/24/2019 at 9:50 PM, Zactoman said:

Photobucket (:angry:) is back up:deadhorse1:.

For those who may have missed my previous post, I included links to various posts highlighting many of the problems discovered with the kit: http://www.arcforums.com/forums/air/index.php?/topic/285277-amk-148-f-14/&do=findComment&comment=2984863

Despite the problems with the kit, it can be built up to be a very nice looking model as Paulo has shown. :worship:

It seems that everything is 1mm for you. I'd recommend asking Santa for a new pair of calipers :santa:.

It doesn't take much for certain shapes to look wrong and 1mm can make a huge difference in certain circumstances.
In the case of the fwd fuselage I only took a few dimensions and it was as much as .085"/2.16mm wide. It is .061"/1.55mm over in height at the radome and even thicker further back.
So yes, for those familiar with the Tomcat it may well look fat. Side-by-side with other kits it will look fat even to those not familiar with the Tomcat.

Sorry for my absence of late. Building a new computer has proven to be more challenging than I expected :hmmm:. I should stick to models...

Cheers and Merry Christmas to all of you!

:beer4:

3beyee.jpg.baa398f8cb103b6c159317a6186aea93.jpg

Measuring the AMK F-14D and then showing how those measurements stack up against the dimensional shapes of a real F-14D is not a personal attack upon AMK as a company.

No one is punching Baby Yoda in the face.

Baby Yoda GIFs Deleted. Twitter Erupts. GIPHY Responds ...

AMK is free to make more kits and sell them. You can now make a very informed decision if the AMK, Tamiya, Academy, Hobby Boss, Monogram or soon to be Great Wall Hobby F-14 is for you.

Does Frog make an F-14? yummy!

?u=http%3A%2F%2Fimages6.fanpop.com%2Fimage%2Fphotos%2F43000000%2FThe-Mandalorian-Chapter-2-The-Child-star-wars-43099682-540-270.gif&f=1&nofb=1

4 hours ago, DIO said:

The difference is that this kind of "mistakes" exist for every single model and they have been over exaggerated for this particular one for hundreds and hundreds of pages.

Having said that though I acknowledge that there are issues with his model. It is definitely not the perfect model we expected after 3 years of wait, but maybe close enough.

You can take or leave the analysis. It represents what is seen in this kit. They are not "over exaggerated", they are simple observations of what is seen. Statements of fact. As such they are neither good or bad, but presented for the potential buyer to help determine if they wish to buy this kit and if so, what they can expect when they do.

And yes, after three years of wait it is definitely not the perfect model that was promised. Whether it is close enough is up to you, but now you can make an informed decision.

13 hours ago, DIO said:

....Yes, it definitely looks like it. And even if he is right, his repitiveness really spoils his own reputation.

...The difference is that this kind of "mistakes" exist for every single model and they have been over exaggerated for this particular one for hundreds and hundreds of pages...

Wow, you guys are now getting delusional over this. You do realize Zacto does make correction sets for a great many model kits? It's nothing to do with BASHING a kit, it's called presenting accurate findings to evaluate a model. This model has been on the radar for a lot of people and has generated a lot of chatter for the many years it's been announced and in production. I can't speak for him but that's likely the only reason Chris has taken to finding out what the errors are, and coming up with potential fixes. If you're not happy with what this process is then I suggest you perhaps ignore it. But to come in here and attack a very honest and well meaning member of the model community is out of line. And if you guys and your very juvenile attack on Zacto means he ceases to post his findings here then you've really done a disservice. If anything the only people that sound like they have a personal vendetta against anyone lately is you guys. I'm really disappointed that I read that and I personally think you guys owe Chris an apology. Though I doubt you will.

Bill

Edited by niart17
1 hour ago, niart17 said:

Wow, you guys are now getting delusional over this. You do realize Zacto does make correction sets for a great many model kits? It's nothing to do with BASHING a kit, it's called presenting accurate findings to evaluate a model. This model has been on the radar for a lot of people and has generated a lot of chatter for the many years it's been announced and in production. I can't speak for him but that's likely the only reason Chris has taken to finding out what the errors are, and coming up with potential fixes. If you're not happy with what this process is then I suggest you perhaps ignore it. But to come in here and attack a very honest and well meaning member of the model community is out of line. And if you guys and your very juvenile attack on Zacto means he ceases to post his findings here then you've really done a disservice. If anything the only people that sound like they have a personal vendetta against anyone lately is you guys. I'm really disappointed that I read that and I personally think you guys owe Chris an apology. Though I doubt you will.

Bill

I wouldn't have made the same comments if the same people didn't come back with the same negativity everytime that this post turned to any different direction.

Issues or non-issue issues have been pointed out again and again and again for literally hundreds of pages. So I really don't think anyone will stop finding something to say about this kit.

Negative comments will continue and those annoyed from this unfair repeatition will continue challenging them. There is still a very long way to go until either get bored or "inspired" by another "best" model. GWH F-14 should be on the make???

Edited by DIO
11 hours ago, habu2 said:

is it getting hotter in here ?

Greta Thunberg is hot.

10 hours ago, masanissa said:

No one is punching Baby Yoda in the face

But I gladly would...

21 minutes ago, DIO said:

I wouldn't have made the same comments if the same people didn't come back with the same negativity everytime that this post turned to any different direction.

Oh, Lord... :doh:Could you be just a tad more thick? One thing you don't quite get, Dio, is that there's a HUGE difference between the negativity on comments coming from people judging the awful shape issues in the "AMK-flop-of-a-kit" by just staring at pictures of that kit on a forum - like me, for instance - and the negative comments regarding the shape issues in that kit posted by one skilled demi-God - like Mr Chris Wilson :worship: , for instance - who has literally taken the kit under the microscope! 

Having Zactoman analyse the issues in the AMK kit is the same as having Mr Tamiya telling you what the issues are in the AMK flunk; I mean, kit. 

1 hour ago, DIO said:

How Pavlovian of you....

3 hours ago, Tank said:

Just because the Navy has a weight issue, that’s  no reason to fat shame them. 

Oh goodness. I really didn't mean to fat shame the Navy. That was heartless and cruel of me. I have a container of left over spaghetti in the fridge and I'm going to get it out and self-flagellate until my back is, is... ah... until my back is... hmmm? Moist?

That's it, moist! Then I will have atoned for my transgressions.

(hope I don't have to use all my left over spaghetti)

7 hours ago, Tank said:

Just because the Navy has a weight issue, that’s  no reason to fat shame them. 

The Tomcat wouldn’t exist at all if it weren’t for “weight issues”.....

F-111B-TFX.jpg

https://theaviationgeekclub.com/there-isnt-enough-thrust-in-all-christendom-to-make-a-navy-fighter-out-of-that-airplane-how-f-111bs-death-led-to-the-birth-of-the-iconic-f-14-tomcat/

Santa brought a new caliper (digital one) and friend offered his unbuilt HB for comparison:

y4m_SqvvZ85qpWLYdg64ugICdY8OPUk1Wj8mvJ5Q

y4mshxjo75kJ3s52WvAZO3lUrstMw_H4rNv08RDY

AMK nosecone fits quite well to HB fuselage beside different top joint line while AMK is slightly wider (0.6mm) from boarding ladder.

I'm planning to fix the IFR angle:

y4mwOR5LEYjYslzjNosd7w_AhksX5RM_Ws0ai5eI

Rear fuselage are almost the same dimension with a slight different curve shape, still thinking about fixing the cross section in an easy way...

7 hours ago, habu2 said:

How Pavlovian of you....

Sorry, not an English native speaker, therefore not able to understand your comment.

Can I feel proud for being Pavlovian???? 😁

3 hours ago, Andrea Bolla said:

Santa brought a new caliper (digital one) and friend offered his unbuilt HB for comparison:

y4m_SqvvZ85qpWLYdg64ugICdY8OPUk1Wj8mvJ5Q

y4mshxjo75kJ3s52WvAZO3lUrstMw_H4rNv08RDY

AMK nosecone fits quite well to HB fuselage beside different top joint line while AMK is slightly wider (0.6mm) from boarding ladder.

I'm planning to fix the IFR angle:

y4mwOR5LEYjYslzjNosd7w_AhksX5RM_Ws0ai5eI

Rear fuselage are almost the same dimension with a slight different curve shape, still thinking about fixing the cross section in an easy way...

This is very interesting. Keep them comming.