1 hour ago, habu2 said:

Create flaws?  Seriously?

18 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Whoa there buddy! You are way off the mark on this one. I've conversed with Mr. Wilson aka Zactoman a few times and, based on what he has told me, the last thing he needs to do is create more work for himself by "creating flaws".

Go easy on him guys. It can be difficult for those not having English as their first language.

:cheers:

41 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

The amount of times you post blank posts is astounding. To me it just makes you look illiterate because you post nothing.

I can see them just fine.  It would appear (pun intended) you are the one shooting blanks.  

:chain-gun:

one

closer

to

29 minutes ago, Don said:

^^^Seriously, sorry to hear that. They were kind of funny...well humorous... o.k. chuckle worthy perhaps.  Just trying to spread a little light heartedness in a thread that gets some peoples hackles up. Like I wrote earlier, life's too short. I'd add a beer cheers gif here but...LOL!

Cheers :beer4:<------happy faces cheering animated gif.

The English language is full and rich, I prefer to use it.

18 minutes ago, Mstor said:

I can see the gifs he's posting just fine. If you can't see them then the problem is on your side. Oh and you realize you posted three copies of Don's post? Guess that's Ok though. Helps get us to 300 faster.

Its not a problem and no I hadnt realised, I removed them now. They wouldnt decrease the amount of posts required to pull this dead horse to 300, that isnt the way this forum works.

6 minutes ago, habu2 said:

I can see them just fine.  It would appear (pun intended) you are the one shooting blanks.  

:chain-gun:

one

closer

to

Was that really the best you could think of?

I would have expected something more eloquent from you.

A senior moment perhaps?  Ill give you a chance to pull yourself together and have another go with it for free 😉 

1 hour ago, Grand Toad said:

As a low post noob, I'm going to risk a post.

The AMK Tomcat can be as bad a dog as the first F-14 I built in 1984. It was the Fujimi 1/48 F-14A.

Now, I'll try to retrace my steps out of the minefield.

The first F-14 I built was a Monogram 1/48 F-14A. I think I used the kit decals plus the Microscale stencil sheet. If I remember, it came out really nice. Built Monogram's F-15A around the same time too and used the Microscale stencil sheet that had all the panel number decals. Man that was a decaling nightmare but it really looked good when done.

4 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

They wouldnt decrease the amount of posts required to pull this dead horse to 300, that isnt the way this forum works.

What is the trigger that forces a new page? I figured it was line count. I certain amount of space is allocated for each page and once that is reached, it triggers a new page. Or is it post count? Inquiring minds want to know :hmmm:

Well, figured it out myself. You were right ElectroSoldier. Its the post count. 25 posts per page.

Edited by Mstor
30 minutes ago, Mstor said:

The first F-14 I built was a Monogram 1/48 F-14A. I think I used the kit decals plus the Microscale stencil sheet. If I remember, it came out really nice. Built Monogram's F-15A around the same time too and used the Microscale stencil sheet that had all the panel number decals. Man that was a decaling nightmare but it really looked good when done.

I used Microscale's data and stencil sheet on the original Hasegawa F-4J. The panel numbers were a bear because of the terrible printing job on the instructions. But, I succeeded. Fun times. We've actually got it good these days.

21 minutes ago, Grand Toad said:

I used Microscale's data and stencil sheet on the original Hasegawa F-4J. The panel numbers were a bear because of the terrible printing job on the instructions. But, I succeeded. Fun times. We've actually got it good these days.

Oh I agree about those instructions. Yes we've got is good, but you don't get many decal sets for aircraft that include the panel numbers. There are a few that include some or most of them with other decals making it easier to place. Hobbydecal makes them for the F-15 and/or F-4 (can't remember which, maybe both) but those are dry transfers and I have never had any luck messing with those. I any case, I don't have the patience to do all those tiny individual decals anymore (been tempted to pick up a set but then I remember what it was like).

7 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

Is it not in your best interest to create flaws to enable you to sell aftermarket revisions?

There a number of guys who give/gave feedback on CAD designs here. Chris is one of them (HazMat OV-10 and others), so is Haneto or I. Now the feedback needs to be properly argumented in order to convince the project manager of spending designer man-days on fixing this or that bug. Chris posts of this thread illustrate the kind of argumentation one can find in a CAD review report. Explanations can be found without going into conspiracy theories.

5 hours ago, Grand Toad said:

As a low post noob, I'm going to risk a post.

The AMK Tomcat can't be as bad a dog as the first F-14 I built in 1984. It was the Fujimi 1/48 F-14A.

Now, I'll try to retrace my steps out of the minefield.

I remember when the Fujimi kit came out, it was heralded as a wonder of model kits. It was pricey, though. One that's even worse than the Fujimi kit is the original Revell kit. Yikes!

8 hours ago, Grand Toad said:

I used Microscale's data and stencil sheet on the original Hasegawa F-4J. The panel numbers were a bear because of the terrible printing job on the instructions. 

I was looking through my decal stash last night, which includes a fair number of old Microscale sheets.  I was looking an the instructions and thought OMG how did we ever use these things!   Specifically the painting guide for an Israeli F-16, it was all xxx ooo +++ ... /// \\\  patterns on a plan view that was maybe 3" wide.  It looked like ASCII art from back in the day.  And yes we certainly have it better these days wrt both the decal quality and the instructions.

edit for all you young whippersnappers who grew up on animated GIFs, here's an example of ASCII art:

1*B_bd4RYytGcw3ipAoJEJbg.jpeg

and that's still more readable than the Microscale instructions......

Edited by habu2
5 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

I remember when the Fujimi kit came out, it was heralded as a wonder of model kits. It was pricey, though. One that's even worse than the Fujimi kit is the original Revell kit. Yikes!

At the Hobby shop (remember those) where I hung out, we called the Revell kit the Toys Are Us Tomcat. On another note I built several Monogram Tomcats. Now, those looked like Tomcats.

33 minutes ago, Grand Toad said:

At the Hobby shop (remember those) where I hung out, we called the Revell kit the Toys Are Us Tomcat. On another note I built several Monogram Tomcats. Now, those looked like Tomcats.

Still looks neat hanging from my kids ceiling:smiley-transport006:

7 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

One that's even worse than the Fujimi kit is the original Revell kit. Yikes!

...and yet could still be built and look much like an f-14.

I have never seen the Fujimi one though...