1 minute ago, andrew.deboer said:

Anyway, with the number of AMK F-14s I have seen around the web, it seems like there should be a lot of wing sets available. Every time someone chooses the oversleep or fully swept function, there’s a set of dirty wings going unused. #opportunity

Still need to fabricate the slime light covers and nav lights. There are no spares for these in the box. Not too difficult though.

Mark

One thing I have not yet seen is a built-up ordnance set: every round, painted and decaled. If I ever get mine...

I aspire to build an inflight scene with an LGB post-drop, with the fins extended. When the kit includes that, it seems like a no-brainer.

Just now, andrew.deboer said:

One thing I have not yet seen is a built-up ordnance set: every round, painted and decaled. If I ever get mine...

I aspire to build an inflight scene with an LGB post-drop, with the fins extended. When the kit includes that, it seems like a no-brainer.

Should I do a resin set of gear bay plugs? That way you won't have to mess with trying to get the gear doors to fit shut.

1 minute ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

Still need to fabricate the slime light covers and nav lights. There are no spares for these in the box. Not too difficult though.

Mark

I forgot that the slime lights are clear parts - which the real things were not, so no problem scratching those. I have never tried doing nav lights by attaching blocks of red or green clear plastic in the light cavities and sanding and polishing them to shape. Some day...

Just now, andrew.deboer said:

I forgot that the slime lights are clear parts - which the real things were not, so no problem scratching those. I have never tried doing nav lights by attaching blocks of red or green clear plastic in the light cavities and sanding and polishing them to shape. Some day...

I think they are solid parts in the kit

Mark

1 minute ago, Darren Roberts said:

Should I do a resin set of gear bay plugs? That way you won't have to mess with trying to get the gear doors to fit shut.

I have closed up the gear bays on 3 Tamiya Tomcats with no drama so far, and for a flying F-14 I would probably use a Tamiya kit. Really, I only feel like I want two AMK kits - one for takeoff position, kneeling on the catapult, and one on the glide path about to engage the arresting gear.