Wow so fast to 300

Anyone having issues with sincerehobby? 

They emailed me in Nov for the shipping cost of the weapons set, I've been emailing, contact form on their site almost every week since then and I've been getting zero reply.

Purchase in Dec 2017... 

3 hours ago, Sio said:

I don't mind to do so! Reaching a milestone, is anyhow a kind of achievement! We all should be happy about that!

BUT............. can I ask everyone to talk about the building of the kit? but not bashing AMK?

You guys should know, sending out a gift to those bashing you, is not quit a good feeling.

2 hours ago, Sio said:

Anyhow, as Mstor suggested, and if we could have some positive feedback here, we do it again to go for 400 pages!

Sio, first, thanks for the fast reply and the generous offer. But! Would you settle for honest and unbiased reviews and reports. We're not going to blindly give out positive reviews just to get three more kits. That's not what we're (supposed to be) about here on ARC. Empirical evidence is the name of the game. I'm sure there will be some builds coming up (someone started one yesterday I think). Further analysis of possible shape and detail issues. Fixes for some of these issues. That is what you can expect. If you consider critical analysis and empirical evidence as "bashing AMK", then I'm afraid the deal is off. Well, for me at least. I really can't speak for everyone else.

Edited by Mstor
14 minutes ago, 11bee said:

We need a celebration for New Years on this thread.   Maybe Don can post a .GIF of some fireworks? 

Oh wait... that may not be well received in some quarters....

Brilliant idea! I like your thinking. We can celebrate 300+ pages of this thread  and the ringing in of a new year all in one evening. Animated .GIF's for everyone!

Just now, Don said:

Brilliant idea! I like your thinking. We can celebrate 300+ pages of this thread  and the ringing in of a new year all in one evening. Animated .GIF's for everyone!

I'm cancelling my plans for New Years Eve.  Don is going to host ARC's first live Watch Party, full of GIF's of fireworks and oddly proportioned aircraft.   This will be one for the ages, who else is in???

17 hours ago, Mstor said:

Sio, first, thanks for the fast reply and the generous offer. But! Would you settle for honest and unbiased reviews and reports. We're not going to blindly give out positive reviews just to get three more kits. That's not what we're (supposed to be) about here on ARC. Empirical evidence is the name of the game. I'm sure there will be some builds coming up (someone started one yesterday I think). Further analysis of possible shape and detail issues. Fixes for some of these issues. That is what you can expect. If you consider critical analysis and empirical evidence as "bashing AMK", then I'm afraid the deal is off. Well, for me at least. I really can't speak for everyone else.

You said it right. And not just simply pinpointing "bashers" as always coming from the competitor companies and denying facts as optical illusions and  learn to accept mistakes and  make improvements  out of it and also learn to say apologies  rather than shifting to other irrelevant topics, and lastly stop making those b***s*** marketing strategies.

13 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

Should I do a resin set of gear bay plugs? That way you won't have to mess with trying to get the gear doors to fit shut.

YES..YES...YES..:thumbsup:

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

1 hour ago, flybywire said:

You said it right. And not just simply pinpointing "bashers" as always coming from the competitor companies and denying facts as optical illusions and  learn to accept mistakes and  make improvements  out of it and also learn to say apologies  rather than shifting to other irrelevant topics, and lastly stop making those b***s*** marketing strategies.

3 hours ago, Mstor said:

Sorry! My bad!

It is not a good idea! I will delete that post then.

4 hours ago, 11bee said:

I'm cancelling my plans for New Years Eve.  Don is going to host ARC's first live Watch Party, full of GIF's of fireworks and oddly proportioned aircraft.   This will be one for the ages, who else is in???

I'm in. We can gather around the fire and sing songs. Roast marshmallows. It will be such a happy time for everybody. Hot toddies for all! (no alcoholic beverages for the youngsters in the crowd, we must set a proper model, pun intended :naughty:)

:beer4:

7 hours ago, Mstor said:

Look back through this thread. There are very few, and I would say almost no unbiased posts by ARC members.

Most of the self appointed Tomcat experts had their nose put outa joint when AMK ignored them and that has let a bitter taste in the mouth so they cant be unbiased.

Looking back at the last 10 pages alone I would say this forums members would write almost anything to get a free kit, the desperation in that last page was astounding.

As to what signifies bashing AMK I really think you should read some of this crap in the last 300 pages!

42 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Look back through this thread. There are very few, and I would say almost no unbiased posts by ARC members.

Most of the self appointed Tomcat experts had their nose put outa joint when AMK ignored them and that has let a bitter taste in the mouth so they cant be unbiased.

I feel my views of the kit were completely unbiased, or at least as unbiased as they possibly could be. I have nothing for or against AMK as a company. I tried to evaluate what I was working with in an objective manner. I tried to point out the problems with the kit as well as the positives, of which there are many. I would suggest that sometimes the bias can be with the one who's reading something, not the person who wrote it. That's what a lot of this thread is. Someone saying something and someone else reading it with their own bias and then it all falls apart. Wars have started like that! 😀

53 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Looking back at the last 10 pages alone I would say this forums members would write almost anything to get a free kit, the desperation in that last page was astounding.

As to what signifies bashing AMK I really think you should read some of this crap in the last 300 pages!

:709-457:

2 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

I feel my views of the kit were completely unbiased, or at least as unbiased as they possibly could be. I have nothing for or against AMK as a company. I tried to evaluate what I was working with in an objective manner. I tried to point out the problems with the kit as well as the positives, of which there are many. I would suggest that sometimes the bias can be with the one who's reading something, not the person who wrote it. That's what a lot of this thread is. Someone saying something and someone else reading it with their own bias and then it all falls apart. Wars have started like that! 😀

You were one of the very few  who did give it a fair try Darren and yours are some of the few posts worth reading

7 hours ago, shion said:

Just an advice about the kit:https://www.modelforum.cz/viewtopic.php?f=57&t=129855&hilit=amk&start=180

there´s a problem with the fuel tanks, they sit (accordingly with the instructions) far too low (see this pic or on the others finished builds):

file.php?id=1550450

By reducing the rack by 1mm, it looks OK:

file.php?id=1550501

I don't think the problem is with the drop tank/pylon (called the MXU-776 for the left and MXU-777 for the right).

It appears to me the issue is the landing gear strut is too short. Looking at the pics posted it appears the the oleo strut is fully compressed going by the drag (scissor) links. Also, the drag brace (extension/retraction arm) should intersect the strut above the tire, not below it.

It could be that AMK used a museum bird with compressed struts as a basis for the main landing gear. The clearance of the tank to nacelle looks correct before shaving off the 1mm.

Just my opinion, ymmv

6 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

And just like everyone else, you kept posting also.

I've never seen someone bwitch about something so much when they have a choice not to participate, and I did 20+ years in the Navy, seen lots of bwitching people.

Edited by GW8345
4 hours ago, GW8345 said:

And just like everyone else, you kept posting also.

I've never seen someone bwitch about something so much when they have a choice not to participate, and I did 20+ years in the Navy, seen lots of bwitching people.

We all decide to participate when we decide to use any part of this forum.