6 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

"Problems" you mentioned require a microscope to see. Some of them does not exists at all. ...

Dear foxmulder_ms,

I do hope that I am wrong and you're in good faith.

8 hours ago, foxmulder_ms said:

"Problems" you mentioned require a microscope to see. Some of them does not exists at all. You can try to keep the moral high ground by saying "hey look I only draw, it is data", I expected that, lol. However, no one without serious motivation (obsession/vendetta) would have done what you are doing. Some people are smart enough to see between the lines, dude... 

keep going, maybe you can prevent 5 people buying the kit. that will show them! 

I know Zacto to be a hardworking, great guy who's passion it is to make the most accurate model. He's extremely knowledgeable about spotting shapes that are off. I think the AMK kit is a great kit, but there are issues with it, and Zacto has pointed them out. Every single thing he mentions is visible on the kit. That doesn't make the kit unbuildable, and it doesn't make him having a vendetta against AMK or the kit. As others have said, you've stepped over the line. There are those that have become frustrated with people who simply bash the AMK Tomcat. I hate to say it, but you've done the same thing only the other way. 

Does anyone have any constructive advice on how to deal with the seam inside the engine halves parts O12 and O17?  I know its in a ways from the nozzle ends but it will be visible if you look inside, you can see it on pictures of built kit on line. I have a piece of aluminum tubing that fits perfectly inside the two halves but that would eliminate the "ribbed" effect.

20 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

I know Zacto to be a hardworking, great guy who's passion it is to make the most accurate model. He's extremely knowledgeable about spotting shapes that are off. I think the AMK kit is a great kit, but there are issues with it, and Zacto has pointed them out. Every single thing he mentions is visible on the kit. That doesn't make the kit unbuildable, and it doesn't make him having a vendetta against AMK or the kit. As others have said, you've stepped over the line. There are those that have become frustrated with people who simply bash the AMK Tomcat. I hate to say it, but you've done the same thing only the other way. 

oh no! :) line is not even visible from here. ! 😄

When someone highlights the missile and canopy frame "errors" which are the result of packaging or some rare defect during manufacturing process I have right to question the sincerity of that "review". The sample I have has perfect missiles and nothing wrong with the frame or the canopy which are highlighted in his posts like under a magnifying glass. I am sorry but that is looking for anything bad on the kit, it is not trying to review a kit or comparison or whatever.  

Anyhow... so a "general" bite dust in iraq... 

42 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

oh no! :) line is not even visible from here. ! 😄

When someone highlights the missile and canopy frame "errors" which are the result of packaging or some rare defect during manufacturing process I have right to question the sincerity of that "review". The sample I have has perfect missiles and nothing wrong with the frame or the canopy which are highlighted in his posts like under a magnifying glass. I am sorry but that is looking for anything bad on the kit, it is not trying to review a kit or comparison or whatever.  

He reported what he saw, nothing more. The major problem areas have been and are receiving more coverage. From his last post, he is working on fixes for the rear end shape issues, which I assure you, are not figments of the imagination.

Oh and regarding your last comment above. You're just trolling.

Just now, Mstor said:

Oh and regarding your last comment above. You're just trolling.

Maybe not.  A reference to Iranian F-14s seeing action soon?

Since the door was opened, a serious question. I have heard conflicting stories on the aircraft involved. On source quoted F-15Es being involved, another quoted “unmanned drones”.  What’s the real story, if anyone knows. 

1 hour ago, foxmulder_ms said:

oh no! 🙂 line is not even visible from here. ! 😄

So what have you contributed to the overall modeling community? 

1 hour ago, foxmulder_ms said:

The sample I have has perfect missiles and nothing wrong with the frame or the canopy which are highlighted in his posts like under a magnifying glass.

Dear Foxmulder,

Would you pkease post a pic of your kit perfect missiles and nothing wrong canopy frame ?

That would help much.

50 minutes ago, Andrea Bolla said:

Mine is perfect too:

Dear Andrea Bolla,

I am happy to know that your kit is perfect.

So, please, post a picture so that we can compare perfect and defective parts.

5 hours ago, habu2 said:

Maybe not.  A reference to Iranian F-14s seeing action soon?

Who knows, but not really pertinent to the discussion in hand.

5 hours ago, habu2 said:

Since the door was opened, a serious question. I have heard conflicting stories on the aircraft involved. On source quoted F-15Es being involved, another quoted “unmanned drones”.  What’s the real story, if anyone knows. 

Again, not really pertinent to the current discussions. Probably more appropriate in the General Discussions forum.

3 hours ago, Andrea Bolla said:

Where please? Naked eye them seems perfect

I do see some scratches near the slide mould seam, but it surely can be sand/polished out altogether.

The main issue was on the windshield though, basically a corner is not fully formed, the results are incomplete frame details and uneven thickness that caused the distortions, I remember that Dave Roof said that he has this issue in 4 out of 4 kits. If your windshield is perfect, then great, otherwise you could ask for replacement I guess. Here is a photo that shows the missing frame details and distortions:

file.php?id=1546616

Edited by delide

Rechecked my canopies and they are perfect, no scratches, no injection flaws

10 hours ago, delide said:

I do see some scratches near the slide mould seam, but it surely can be sand/polished out altogether.

Not scratches, just led ring light reflection.

1 hour ago, madmanrick said:

Are similar blemishes present on the clear parts that fit in the separate frame?

In my kit and under 3.5x magnification in one of those parts I can see just a little flow traces: naked eyes just not visible.

On 12/30/2019 at 7:11 PM, GW8345 said:

It could be that AMK used a museum bird with compressed struts as a basis for the main landing gear. The clearance of the tank to nacelle looks correct before shaving off the 1mm.

Just my opinion, ymmv

Im not insulting anyone or getting into the middle of this, but the comment made me chuckle because I once heard that the Tamiya Me262 rides too high on its LG because they used a museum bird that wasn't  carrying weight on the landing gear so the struts were uncompressed, so which is it? we need to make sure museums set the height properly!

4 minutes ago, DarkKnight said:

we need to make sure museums set the height properly!

First we would need to figure out how to prevent struts that are meant to piston up and down in use, settle in and be satisfied with being static. No easy answer that. 

49 minutes ago, Andrea Bolla said:

Rechecked my canopies and they are perfect, no scratches, no injection flaws

In my kit and under 3.5x magnification in one of those parts I can see just a little flow traces: naked eyes just not visible.

All this is very interesting.

Andrea, can you please post some new pictures to show that your canopies are perfect ?

5 minutes ago, galfa said:

All this is very interesting.

Andrea, can you please post some new pictures to show that your canopies are perfect ?

Why is that necessary? If he says his are perfect, then they are. His word should be enough.

1 hour ago, Andrea Bolla said:

I meant these here? But sorry, I'm only a little curious, I do not want to argue, it's really a none issue for me anyway, even some of my Tamiya kits have scratches, if I look hard enough, scratches are just hard to avoid I guess, luckily they can be easily removed. In the end, it's perfect if you find your canopy perfect.

Canopy.jpg

3 hours ago, madmanrick said:

Are similar blemishes present on the clear parts that fit in the separate frame?

Not from what I have seen, acutally both type of canopy parts are OK to me, I mean scratches are normal/none issue, crack is probably just tough luck. But the blemishes on the windshield(missing or blurry frame details) on the other hand, that's something new to me, honestly I have never seen it on an other kit before, and since it's clearly not a single case, in fact I'm yet to see a windshield with complete frame and rivet details on that corner, it should be some weird manufacturing issue. Yes, I guess it's a small issue, but still a shame.

1 hour ago, Dave Roof said:

Why is that necessary? If he says his are perfect, then they are. His word should be enough.

Sir,

Because if somebody say theirs are not perfect his word should be enough and here it is not.

y4m7muJrF57I_iH-WPnKj9WZfSt3gxYTM0sGBUnv

marked in red are light artifacts

in green a "scratch" way smaller than the mold seam (maybe I have caused it removing the part from the sprue or taking photo, really a non issue, it's just slightly opaque not a real surface scratch

in purple you can spot the micro flow marks looking through the light glow, these are also invisible naked eyes (even on the separate canopy part where they are a bit more heavy than this one)

please don't ask to bring in the microscope and take measurements of these "flaws", I took these photos after reading Dave's post and just checked my kit for similar issues.