14 minutes ago, bushande said:

Just another observation and that again is by no means intented as bashing, merely as a notification for any modellers:

The AMK F-14D features the bracing around the step for the RIO. That is absolutely o.k. and no flaw! Just for those who want to build the Vandy-1 iteration. That particular serial did not have that brace! Some Deltas had it, some didn't. I know to many this is not new information. I just thought it might be noteworthy for some modellers nonetheless, since other manufacturers went the other way around, i.e. no bracing on the kit and the modeller would have to see to it to add the bracing via aftermarket or scratch approach depending on the envisioned serial.

I want to emphasize, this is no bashing on the kit and it is nothing wrong!!! Regarding those bracings and other details regarding later blocks and versions, there's just no way to do it right. Do you leave them off, the inclined modeller will have to look, whether to add them. Are they featured on the kit, the modeller has to do the research whether to delete them.

Just trying to make modellers aware regarding this particular provided decal option, is all.

There seems to be a general understanding that all newly built Deltas had that bracing around the step. This is obviously a misconception.

No no. This is not bahing!

I would be appreciated with this kind of comments, as well as those by Darren Roberts.

15 hours ago, Sio said:

If I am happy too, I will send 3 Tomcats to the first one reach 400 pages. This is just want to have some funs with you guys.

Awww no, Sio. why did you do that?! This thread will never shut down now .... 🤣

Oh and thanks for a professional reply and your understanding.

Edited by bushande
2 minutes ago, bushande said:

Awww no, Sio. why did you do that?! This thread will never shut down now .... 🤣

Haha. I want every body happy, and I want to be happy too.

If so, we do it, if no, forget about it. OK?

"...........As long as you were working with Terry (It is ok to mention the name here, as he is a Chinese and he can change his English all the time.), and he is the one stole our Tomcat design, and sold it to another manufacturer. I don't need to name it, as most of the modelers may see, how come the design is so similar."

Does anyone want to share whose design out there is similar to that of AMK's? Just out of curiosity.  I'm rally not aware of it. I'm not interested in the person/s, just want to know the brand of the kit.

Edited by flybywire
9 minutes ago, flybywire said:

"...........As long as you were working with Terry (It is ok to mention the name here, as he is a Chinese and he can change his English all the time.), and he is the one stole our Tomcat design, and sold it to another manufacturer. I don't need to name it, as most of the modelers may see, how come the design is so similar."

Does anyone want to share whose design out there is similar to that of AMK's? Just out of curiosity.  I'm rally not aware of it. I'm not interested in the person/s, just want to know the brand of the kit.

The only 1/48 F-14 (known to be ) in preparation is the GWH's one.

The only F-14 made recently after or before the AMK, are the 1/72 GWH and Academy.

As stated above, a good way to see if a design is a copy of another is looking if the same errors are present.

GWH kit doesn't seem to have the numerous rendition problems of the AMK.

Academy kit either.

2 hours ago, Sio said:

Just like the ever beginning, you proposed to me to help for design of Mirage 2000, but the ONLY condition is to send you the 3D for checking. So that, you can send the 3D to another manufacturer?

Sorry for refused to accept your proposal!

Er I don't recall anything about a Mirage 2000. And I'm no Wesley or Terry.

4 hours ago, shion said:

The only 1/48 F-14 (known to be ) in preparation is the GWH's one.

The only F-14 made recently after or before the AMK, are the 1/72 GWH and Academy.

Zactoman noticed in this post about the stabilizer that Tamiya == Grumman while AMK != Grumman (== stands for "matches", != stands for "doesn't match").

Last night I overlayed the 1/72 GWH F-14D stabilizer with the Tamiya leaflet.

QMvqiQJ.jpg

GWH == Tamiya (same angle between the stabilizer leading and trailing edges) so it implies that AMK !=GWH

I could eventually look at the new 1/72 Academy F-14A.

Edited by Laurent
11 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Craft Root Beer my friend, craft root beer!

Actually, here in beautiful (ack!) Milwaukee, we have a local brewery that makes a dynamite root beer, Sprecher Root Beer Thanks for reminding me. I should get some to have on hand for these rare, but oh so important moments. :doh:

Edited by Mstor
22 hours ago, Sio said:

... and he is the one stole our Tomcat design, and sold it to another manufacturer. I don't need to name it, as most of the modelers may see, how come the design is so similar....

7 hours ago, Laurent said:

A way to determine if a kit/design is based on a copy of another kit/design is to look for errors that would have been replicated. If the original has an error that the so-called copy doesn't, the claim of copy is shoddy.

Wait.... What?? The design was stolen?

Tu4.jpg

5 hours ago, Laurent said:

I could eventually look at the new 1/72 Academy F-14A.

9135cu4.jpg

Academy == Tamiya (same angle between the stabilizer leading and trailing edges) so it implies that AMK !=Academy

7 hours ago, Mstor said:

Actually, here in beautiful (ack!) Milwaukee, we have a local brewery that makes a dynamite root beer, Sprecher Root Beer Thanks for reminding me. I should get some to have on hand for these rare, but oh so important moments. :doh:

Send me one hahaha!

On 1/13/2020 at 3:36 PM, Sio said:

If you want to know, I can tell!

Sio, respectfully it is not my place to tell you how to run your business. You seem to be capable enough at it.

However, speaking only for myself, these vague "I know, but won't tell" posts don't sit well with me. I do not believe this to be the appropriate forum for the airing of those types of grievances. Surely none of us here are qualified to adjudicate your claims, nor do we have the authority. I also do not believe it is an appropriate forum for the company bashing that has gone on here, tbh. Discussing the minutiae of the kit and potential fixes and workarounds on the other hand ARE what this forum should be for in my opinion. However, not my forum, not my rules, just expressing my opinion is all.

1 minute ago, madmanrick said:

Sio, respectfully it is not my place to tell you how to run your business. You seem to be capable enough at it.

However, speaking only for myself, these vague "I know, but won't tell" posts don't sit well with me. I do not believe this to be the appropriate forum for the airing of those types of grievances. Surely none of us here are qualified to adjudicate your claims, nor do we have the authority. I also do not believe it is an appropriate forum for the company bashing that has gone on here, tbh. Discussing the minutiae of the kit and potential fixes and workarounds on the other hand ARE what this forum should be for in my opinion. However, not my forum, not my rules, just expressing my opinion is all.

+1

14 hours ago, habu2 said:

Dude, you copied his post....  :cop:

.... as I guess I just did yours. What's so weird about Mstor or anybody else quoting a post and agreeing with it? Okay, his post was just underneath the one he quoted, but that doesn't always happen, and a random "+1" post referring to --what? doesn't seem so desirable. Just sayin'.

Edited by seawinder
41 minutes ago, seawinder said:

What's so weird about Mstor or anybody else quoting a post and agreeing with it?

Weird?  No, nefarious.  Obviously we are into throwing around accusations of copying things - kits, posts, cats...    :OMG-OMG:

Just callin' them like I see'um. 

:sarcasm_on:

OK, sarcasm off now.  I totally agree with madmanrick's post which Mstor +1'd.  People need to lighten up here and stop with the personal attacks and insinuations of industrial espionage.  If they don't stop, this carnival of a thread won't see 312 pages much less 400.

Edited by habu2
3 hours ago, habu2 said:

OK, sarcasm off now.  I totally agree with madmanrick's post which Mstor +1'd.  People need to lighten up here and stop with the personal attacks and insinuations of industrial espionage.  If they don't stop, this carnival of a thread won't see 312 pages much less 400.

Is OK, I knew you were pulling our leg as soon as I read it. Well done habu2. :clap2:

P.S. I use  "+1" as I find the ubiquitous "Word" to look like one is trying to be too cool. Just saying. :whistle:

Edited by Mstor

"Is it finally dead?", he whispered.  "Almost four days since the last post.", came the reply. "I think its dead", he said with building confidence. He stood up and looked around. "No one here. I think its safe to come out." Slowly, from the many corners of the thread, those who had hidden so long in fear began to stand up. They looked around tentatively. Carefully, they started walking away. Quiet sobbing could be heard. "I thought it would never end," she said and let out a long sigh. From all corners, they could be seen, slowly making their way out. Some holding onto each other for support.

To be continued????

51 minutes ago, Mstor said:

"Is it finally dead?", he whispered.  "Almost four days since the last post.", came the reply. "I think its dead", he said with building confidence. He stood up and looked around. "No one here. I think its safe to come out." Slowly, from the many corners of the thread, those who had hidden so long in fear began to stand up. They looked around tentatively. Carefully, they started walking away. Quiet sobbing could be heard. "I thought it would never end," she said and let out a long sigh. From all corners, they could be seen, slowly making their way out. Some holding onto each other for support.

Pity if it is true. I love to read posts where people who don't have the kit tell us who have it, that the scratches, toolmarks, poor fit and other things we don't see with our naked eye, holding the plastic in our hands actually is there, we're just too biased/blind/stupid to see it. I especially love when those who are building it get a bollocking for not having fit issues or thinking that applying a small amount of putty is no big deal. Apparently having to resort to dry-fitting, puttying and a slight touch of sanding is a cardinal sin nowadays, and one should not have to apply any of that to a new kit. 

1 hour ago, erik_g said:

Apparently having to resort to dry-fitting, puttying and a slight touch of sanding is a cardinal sin nowadays, and one should not have to apply any of that to a new kit. 

In the 21st Century we shouldn't have to apply putty and overcome ill fitting parts, unless it's a crude limited run kit, or a very expensive resin kit of a subject no one will mold.

(Sorry i'm spoiled since I've been building Tamiya's P-38. The fit is fantastic! Not one microgram of putty applied.)

As for F-14s? You want close to perfect? Look to the land of the Rising Sun.

Yes, I purchased the AMK F-14D. Kit buyers can now make an informed choice if they read honest reviews. All the issues with the kit can be seen with the naked eye. (Take a look in the night sky at Alcor and Mizar. If you have trouble seeing the horse and rider then it's time to get your peepers checked.)

Edited by masanissa
48 minutes ago, masanissa said:

In the 21st Century we shouldn't have to apply putty and overcome ill fitting parts, unless it's a crude limited run kit, or a very expensive resin kit of a subject no one will mold.

(Sorry i'm spoiled since I've been building Tamiya's P-38. The fit is fantastic! Not one microgram of putty applied.)

As for F-14s? You want close to perfect? Look to the land of the Rising Sun.

Yes, I purchased the AMK F-14D. Kit buyers can now make an informed choice if they read honest reviews. All the issues with the kit can be seen with the naked eye. (Take a look in the night sky at Alcor and Mizar. If you have trouble seeing the horse and rider then it's time to get your peepers checked.)

Isnt that like expecting a car not to need a service in the fisrt 3 years?