27 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Whats even funnier is that you dont seem to realise that I do see it and I just dont care because it doesnt actually matter.
In spite of ideas AMK didnt owe you anything, the kit is what it is.

proper grammar...
Is that like telling somebody they dont use the correct grammar but in an ironic deliberate mistake kind of way, or that you dont actually know the mistake you made in the grammar you used in your sentence kind of way?

And it is those mistakes that make up a writing style, and it is in itself a key indicator?

Then why continue to comment on the issue or criticize others who do?

13 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Wow indeed.
Which is before and which is after, they both look the same to me.

You're kidding right?

Edit: I see that you can see the difference but that you don't care. That's fine, its up to you. That you strung us along before revealing that you can see the difference just makes you a troll in my book.  :trolls:

Edited by Mstor
8 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

No Im not. You are trying to make out a minor flaw is a major one. Which doesnt really work on me

It is not a "minor flaw", I'm sorry. The kit looks fat, that is another "minor flaw", but very obvious, even with good builds like that one. I really don't see the point of building this kit with wings without flaps/ slats, etc. down or up. If you want to build an F-14 with that configuration, build a Tamiya and save yourself a lot of pain and construction time, IMHO

Edited by joscasle
4 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

As a 4th grade teacher, that's just plane funney. I wished i could shoe my klass that cartune, buts I wouldnt be able to gets away with shoeing the naughty wurd. 😂

Tanks pho beeing sew fourth coming.  Aim GLAAD ewe licked it, evan width-owt the knotty whirreds.

8 hours ago, Whiskey said:

Then why continue to comment on the issue or criticize others who do?

Why not?
Im just as allowed to complain about you complaining as you are allowed to complain about what is.

8 hours ago, habu2 said:

3e4fc30d2d4154439e7bef093038ef8b--writin

Well what I can I say to such an earth breaking post.
I was totally devoid of any and all information what so ever!

6 hours ago, Darren Roberts said:

As a 4th grade teacher, that's just plane funney. I wished i could shoe my klass that cartune, buts I wouldnt be able to gets away with shoeing the naughty wurd. 😂

Shame he couldnt think of a way to put it into words.

6 hours ago, Mstor said:

You're kidding right?

Edit: I see that you can see the difference but that you don't care. That's fine, its up to you. That you strung us along before revealing that you can see the difference just makes you a troll in my book.  :trolls:

But there isnt a difference really though is there.
The shape... meh! the subtle difference isnt all that important as it basically looks the same

40 minutes ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Im just as allowed to complain about you complaining as you are allowed to complain about what is.

He is complaining about the subject of this topic. You are complaining about other user. Can't spot the difference here too?

3 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Not really. he seems to think AMK owe him something because his help wasnt required.

It reminds me of something: a quote from "Russians" song by Sting...

There is no historical precedent

To put the words in the mouth of the president

2 hours ago, shion said:

Following and waiting for his AMK/Tamiya kit comparaison and future build/analysis of the AMK kit since weeks

and in the end:

YjMftgKLHCyKLamMv6HO38uTfHJE3tVm2Q2a1BHL

Brian has been around the real deal for a long time and is a modeller with decent knowledge who provided the community with wonderful decals in the past. His verdict is rather harsh in words but you have to give him credit for his honesty. It's no new information however.

I still wonder if there is really no halfway reasonable method you could bring the kit's rear around?! I am impressed by Chris's effort so far and am curious about the steps he did to achieve the displayed result. However I confess I would still think that the sealbags still have a somewhat too rounded and pronounced upper edge. As great as Zactos work is so far, i still don't think it is where it should be reg. the original. Saying that I confess I would so far not have been able to achieve the level of correction he did so far.

I still want to apploud AMK for their effort and I would still think they meant very well providing the modelling community with a new Tomcat kit. At the time they started their project there was no sign anywhere of a Tamiya or GWH kit and one has to simply give them credit for undertaking the endeavour considering the limitations they have as a company and as long as nobody gives proof to the contrary I would assume they had nothing but the best intentions for the hobby community.

I'm still very unsure about the kit. I would like to really try myself in building this kit and see what I could do about it's shortcomings (and let's face it there are no kits without flaws), however the price is currently just way too steep for me given the flaws; and potentially ruin the kit in trying to correct it. Over here in Germany it's hardly available under 80 Euros. I had a chance to grab two kits reviving an old preorder that was originally cancelled by the retailer in 2017 for 49 Euros each but for some reason that opportunity eventually didn't finalize.

Edited by bushande
4 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Why not?

Well what I can I say to such an earth breaking post.
I was totally devoid of any and all information what so ever!

Shame he couldnt think of a way to put it into words.

But there isnt a difference really though is there.
The shape... meh! the subtle difference isnt all that important as it basically looks the same

Well what can I say other than you have absolutely zero to contribute to the discussion of the subject at hand, which is the kit itself, and are nothing but a nasty little troll that continues to provoke other members here into a unhealthy squabble over meaningless things. In the last 30 days I would venture that more than half of the pages that have been added to this thread are a direct result of your incessant jabs at views, opinions, experience, knowledge base, and skills of those who are trying to have a positive and civil talk regarding this controversial model. By your own words and ability to turn a valid question or statement into a sideshow, brushing it aside as nothing but a literary challenge, you have met the definition of an internet troll. 

Normally I am the type of person that would give two shits about something like this and yourself, but the depth of your dung has me defending not just this post but this website in it's entirety. If you don't have anything to contribute, then either keep words to yourself or don't come around at all. It's a sham really, as I see you have been a member here since 2005. It's also surprising as well because this topic is probably the most that I have ever heard from you anywhere on the forum.  

To all of my other fellow modelers I would just like to say that in order to maintain decorum and civility within this thread and the forum as a whole, ignore this person. There is no need to waste anymore energy and time counter-arguing the ravings of a troll, and quite frankly I, myself, have already lost 15 minutes of my valuable time doing just that. Good day to you all:salute:

2 hours ago, shion said:

Following and waiting for his AMK/Tamiya kit comparaison and future build/analysis of the AMK kit since weeks

and in the end:

YjMftgKLHCyKLamMv6HO38uTfHJE3tVm2Q2a1BHL

Brian Plescia (Fightertown Decals) and myself have come to the same conclusion. Brian Marbrey summarizes it quite nicely. It's still a decent kit worth getting, but (shape issues aside) it's a fiddly build. Not quite as bad as the Hasegawa kit, but not close to the Tamiya kit. The detail is gorgeous, though, so if that's what you like in a kit, the AMK is a very good option. Personally, ease of build is important to me, so I'll finish the one AMK I'm working on but I don't know if I'll pick up another. I have too many Monogram kits to finish. 😀

5 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

ahhh, see that's the root of all of this insulting and bickering back and forth. You don't see shape issues as an issue and others do. That's fine, you don't care about subtle shapes then enjoy. But to constantly criticize those that do and to insinuate they have ulterior motives is pretty petty if you ask me. Honestly, I don't think you really did notice the difference between the two views Zacto posted and I'm not totally convinced you can see them now. And that's ok, not everyone can see shapes as well as others. But to keep insulting those that do frankly is kind of childish.

5 hours ago, ElectroSoldier said:

Not really. he seems to think AMK owe him something because his help wasnt required.

I don't know where he got this crazy idea about me having ever contributed with AMK, or having even offered to help them. Then he goes on about stating that I offered my expertise on the development of a C-17 kit, an aircraft I hardly ever cared about in my life ever since that subject existed. It's like the idiot's convention... :hmmm: 

21 minutes ago, Solo said:

Real hit from HyperSpace review:

image.png.cf904f05dc548327a1063294f81496e2.png

Disadvantages: none noted.
NONE.
Just perfect kit.

Don't let be fooled again..., these guys are not there to review the kit, they are there to make money ... They buy the kits with their own money ? ... if that was really the case, they would be much more honest! Unfortunately, this has become the norm, even at the level of the "specialized" press. It’s masked advertising and nothing else

It's a short inbox review which is pretty common for that page or e.g. cybermodeler.

If you expect a full build review from it or a detailed shape analysis, you're expecting too much.

Edited by ijozic
1 hour ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

Well, in my case, I will only resource to those pages to see the sprue contents when they're not available on Hobby Search. Anything they say regarding the advantages/disadvantages of the kits I just take them with a grain of salt. 

Yep, that's my thoughts as well.

Also I'd carry that further and say that pretty much any review build should be taken with a grain of salt. If you really want to know what the pitfalls might be I find it better to search through various build threads and see what issues the actual builders are having. Granted sometimes it's not easy to find build threads of newer kits, but most of the time when you do it's not a person that's going to be biased about the kit because of brand name or anything. Just my 2 cents.