Whatever dude... just chill...

There you go man, keep as cool as you can.

Face piles of trials with smiles,

It riles them to believe that you perceive the web they weave.

And keep on thinking free. :thumbsup:

Temporary diversions. I will wait, as long as it takes, for more information from Zactoman or anyone else that has constructive commentary. In the meantime, I will entertain myself by watching the arguments and and frivolity (my preference is for the latter :thumbsup2:).

I’ll condense that review.

”Buon Giorno!

Mama Mia! Thisa AMK F-14D, she’s-a notta box-shaker! She’s-a make me use modeling skills! I’m-a not so good atta test-fit, so I masha these parts together best I can! She is what she is!

Arrivederci!”

Dude put the seats together wrong, mixing up the left and right halves so he ended up with one long canopy breaker on each seat. Whoops. The canopy, she doesn’t fit!

All kidding aside, the Conclusions section is pretty much spot on. 

Edited by andrew.deboer
1 hour ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

So more or less the conclusion to the whole AMK saga is..

Most Accurate-No

Easiest Building-No

Buildable-Yes

Looks like a Tomcat-More or less

Lots of acceptable detail-Yes

Good building Options-Yes

Slightly above the Hasegawa but below the Tamiya...seems fair? 

I'm not yet sure if it can be put above the Hase ones?! and that "looks like a Tomcat" -thing .... weeeeeell ...... depends on how nitpickery you are.

2 hours ago, shion said:

Second part of the italian review: https://www.modelingtime.com/review-f-14-d-amk-1-48-seconda-parte/

some teasers:

And other finds by italian builders: https://www.modelingtime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=19479&start=50

oJg05o50HAGx18gd6M2XpZAY493JoRJDhiQbbZQv

uOSyQQf8btUctEIpJ9f7lxiHPEkFVyvPTb3mZV75

Just to clarify one thing, the reviewer here is praising the decals. Found they are well printed and reacted well to Microscale products.  I always wonder at the color some decal companies use for the formation panels. I don't think I've ever seen any with that bright a yellow. Usually a very pale yellow, some even grey.

24 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Just to clarify one thing, the reviewer here is praising the decals. Found they are well printed and reacted well to Microscale products.  I always wonder at the color some decal companies use for the formation panels. I don't think I've ever seen any with that bright a yellow. Usually a very pale yellow, some even grey.

You missed the ironic tone he used on his whole WIP.

Look closely to those pics, the star and bar is partly dissolved, got printing  and saturation problems,

the slime lights have printing and saturation problem too.

2 hours ago, bushande said:

I'm not yet sure if it can be put above the Hase ones?! and that "looks like a Tomcat" -thing .... weeeeeell ...... depends on how nitpickery you are.

I've built both, and I'd put it above the Hasegawa kit overall. It may not be better in accuracy, but it's better than Hasegawa in ease of build, details, and weapons. 

6 hours ago, shion said:

You missed the ironic tone he used on his whole WIP.

Look closely to those pics, the star and bar is partly dissolved, got printing  and saturation problems,

the slime lights have printing and saturation problem too.

I probably should just let this go, but I'm tired (but happy) from watching the Chiefs win the Super Bowl, so my judgment is a bit impaired. So, here goes:

Shion, are you just looking for ways to bash the AMK kit? We get it. You don't like it. We get it. There are problems. But it's getting very tiring having you post different builds trying to prove your point. Did I mention that we get it? Hammering the same point over and over again doesn't make you more right. It's just annoying. Everything you show doesn't make it a bad kit, it just makes it not as a good as Tamiya. I think everyone would agree with that. So what is your purpose to continually posting builds of the AMK kit? 

Edited by Darren Roberts
17 minutes ago, Darren Roberts said:

I probably should just let this go, but I'm tired (but happy) from watching the Chiefs win the Super Bowl, so my judgment is a bit impaired. So, here goes:

Shion, are you just looking for ways to bash the AMK kit? We get it. You don't like it. We get it. There are problems. But it's getting very tiring having you post different builds trying to prove your point. Did I mention that we get it? Hammering the same point over and over again doesn't make you more right. It's just annoying. Everything you show doesn't make it a bad kit, it just makes not as a good as Tamiya. I think everyone would agree with that. So what is your purpose to continually posting builds of the AMK kit? 

source.gif

Edited by zerosystem
1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

I've built both, and I'd put it above the Hasegawa kit overall. It may not be better in accuracy, but it's better than Hasegawa in ease of build, details, and weapons. 

Darren, since you do seem to have well above mainstream knowledge about real F-14s.  Coupled with plenty of experience building the 1:48 kits.  Can’t you tell me if the wings from the Hasegawa, AMK, and Tamiya kits would be interchangeable?  I currently only have the Tamiya kit built, with access to several low cost Hasegawa kits and one AMK kit in the box. I was wondering if I could pinch the dirty wing from  the now low cost Hasegawa kit and slide it on the expensive Tamiya (you get what you pay for) if it will fit, or the AMK wing going on the Tamiya kit. Getting the KSL wing to my door is quite an expensive option, and it is really all I want to change on the Tamiya kit. 

Thanks

1 hour ago, is it windy yet? said:

Darren, since you do seem to have well above mainstream knowledge about real F-14s.  Coupled with plenty of experience building the 1:48 kits.  Can’t you tell me if the wings from the Hasegawa, AMK, and Tamiya kits would be interchangeable?  I currently only have the Tamiya kit built, with access to several low cost Hasegawa kits and one AMK kit in the box. I was wondering if I could pinch the dirty wing from  the now low cost Hasegawa kit and slide it on the expensive Tamiya (you get what you pay for) if it will fit, or the AMK wing going on the Tamiya kit. Getting the KSL wing to my door is quite an expensive option, and it is really all I want to change on the Tamiya kit. 

Thanks

I've put the Hasegawa wings on the Tamiya kit. While not a perfect fit, it just takes a bit of cutting to get them to fit. If I recall, there are locating posts in the Tamiya fuselage that need to be cut away. Once that's done, the Hasegawa wings fit in without too much trouble. In regards to the AMK wings, while I haven't done it personally, I have seen pictures of it done. 

I think there was some one who posted pics on this thread of the AMK wings on the Tamiya kit. I think the AMK wings would be a more accurate option for dirty wings. I may be wrong, but I thought I read something about the connecting points/hinges for the Hasegawa wing have problems. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I may be mixing it up with some other kit. To bad you can't get the KASL wing set. It is quite nice. The quality of detail matches that of the Tamiya kit very well. I modified mine so that I could remove them after the fuselage was closed up. That took a little work, otherwise it would have fit quite well.

5 hours ago, Mstor said:

I think there was some one who posted pics on this thread of the AMK wings on the Tamiya kit. I think the AMK wings would be a more accurate option for dirty wings. I may be wrong, but I thought I read something about the connecting points/hinges for the Hasegawa wing have problems. Someone correct me if I'm wrong. I may be mixing it up with some other kit. To bad you can't get the KASL wing set. It is quite nice. The quality of detail matches that of the Tamiya kit very well. I modified mine so that I could remove them after the fuselage was closed up. That took a little work, otherwise it would have fit quite well.

The Hasegawa wings are missing the hinges and some actuators. Corrections covered in this article. 

http://www.hyperscale.com/features/2001/f14constructiondwa_3.htm

Mark

22 hours ago, andrew.deboer said:

I’ll condense that review.

”Buon Giorno!

Mama Mia! Thisa AMK F-14D, she’s-a notta box-shaker! She’s-a make me use modeling skills! I’m-a not so good atta test-fit, so I masha these parts together best I can! She is what she is!

Arrivederci!”

Dude put the seats together wrong, mixing up the left and right halves so he ended up with one long canopy breaker on each seat. Whoops. The canopy, she doesn’t fit!

All kidding aside, the Conclusions section is pretty much spot on. 

The issue "feature" with the canopy isn't caused by ejection seats.

See  here, no ejection seat, same problem: https://www.modelingtime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=19479&start=60

juLzDB66vMDybK4zrxQCMan5Uzt1Ts5bJOYzxEfQ

Hx3wq5SKQDIpfFnHSMFJwP7P7j96ZDCncu6YmFQB

FGatkUKbW6z0Vr7hMmflSOLma3VIzVkq4c8Q83x5

EY6ShxsZR8yndp2hK3zJ4XkO0u0GWHmAMan1g10C

And more interesting, you can see the same "feature"  on a model magazine cover:

77148133_3203017996439729_10771615886302

54 minutes ago, Tapchan said:

This is optical illusion.

Last photo can be explained by poor skills of the, so called, "modeller".

Given by the rest of the construction visible, especially the paint finish, I think the skills of the modeler aren't the problem

More so the skills of the mold maker. 

1 hour ago, shion said:

The issue "feature" with the canopy isn't caused by ejection seats.

See  here, no ejection seat, same problem: https://www.modelingtime.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=19479&start=60

Hx3wq5SKQDIpfFnHSMFJwP7P7j96ZDCncu6YmFQB

FGatkUKbW6z0Vr7hMmflSOLma3VIzVkq4c8Q83x5

And more interesting, you can see the same "feature"  on a model magazine cover:

oh WOW! I see it now. Those wings are WAAAAY too short and not even close to the right shape. It's hard to tell from some angles but these pictures clear it up. (what? oh we're not talking about the wings?) OH, well then....nevermind.:woot.gif:

Sorry, couldn't resist.