23 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

Yes, it is. However, Kinetic was actually one of the first to work with aftermarket decal companies. Fightertown and CrossDelta to be exact. I also did decal art for Zoukei-Mura several years ago. 

I don't believe that is 100% accurate. I might be mistaken, but I think Floyd just helped with research, but I don't think WW actually provided art or the decals themselves. As a caveat, I could be completely wrong on this one, this is just what I've gathered from what I've read/seen. 

Correct Dave

2 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Lets not forget AMK was one of the first, if not the first, to encourage aftermarket companies like Furball Decals to assist with production kits. This was the ethos of AMK under my tenure.

Hasegawa November 1995.

Hasegawa has numerous production kits that included AeroMaster Decals or decals printed and designed by Cartograph. They also teamed up with resin aftermarket companies too.

AMK may be the first to only include aftermarket decals from day one release. But the idea of adding premium details and or decals is not new. Most modelers welcome aftermarket decals inside the box, since it saves money in the long run.

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600.jpg

602807-14859-36-pristine.jpg

3 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Yawn,  thanks for posting.

Aero... who?

Gaston Bernal and Aeromaster was the driving force behind many of us currently operating aftermarket decal lines. He supported us, gave us feedback and was a dear friend to all of us. Please do not disrespect his memory with these types of comments. I do have a lot of respect for you, but this is crossing a line with me personally. 

16 minutes ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Yawn,  thanks for posting.

Aero... who?

You're rude and dismissive.

Now I wonder, as a customer, whose kits should I buy? The company that has a sense of history about the hobby and is respectful or  . . . 

AeroMaster had a long history that contributed to the 1/48 scale aircraft decal market.  Many of their old sheets that are rare and desirable sell for more than an AMK F-14D. I should know, since I have sold AeroMaster decal sheets on eBay and earned over $100 on a few.

Now I'm done with you.

I think it's great for AMK that they parted ways, good term or not why should I care?

Man, I read so much drivel in this guy's recent posts that I couldn't take my time to finish reading, I thought he's the one who has little time? Just one thing though, why the heck should anyone be careful about what they say about Terry Tan(単承勇)??? An ex or even current Chinese Secret Service guy, I can't care less, for all I know from Aviation Art insider, Terry Tan is a cheat and a thief, he stole AA's Su-33 design and sold it to others, he belongs in jail.

Edited by delide

I forgot to mention that company Hazmat, which we're warned to be "more than careful" when speak about too 🙄 if it's a registered company at all... anyway, I'm curious if Hazmat has released any product that I won't know. I know none so far, I wonder why, could it be that they did so secretly too, or else...

Funny that the name is Hazmat, the AA insider did try to warn us here by revealing what the Terry guy did. so I would have to say yes, if anyone get in business with this guy, his company or his associates, please really be more than careful before you put in your money and trust.   

Edited by delide

Gotta say, the comments being posted by "Martin@AMK Models" seem to be completely out of character for the person I thought I knew? I am wondering if someone else is using that account? Hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but something smells fishy to me.

4 hours ago, madmanrick said:

Gotta say, the comments being posted by "Martin@AMK Models" seem to be completely out of character for the person I thought I knew? I am wondering if someone else is using that account? Hate to be a conspiracy theorist, but something smells fishy to me.

On page 20 he said this :

We had arrangement with others who now will likely not get the chance to finish.

Jake Melampy at Reid Air

Brian at Fightertown

Dave Roof at Leathernecks and many more projects to come in the future

If someone else was using his account, how could they possibly know that? Honestly, at this point it no longer matters. I read the thread again simply because I got a chuckle out of it being resurrected, then allowed myself to get sucked in again. No Mas, Nada, Zip, Zero from me in this thread. I have a business to run that is gaining momentum and it's time to focus more on it and less time on this thread and forum.

13 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

If someone else was using his account, how could they possibly know that? 

Well, if it is as I suspect, it could be another person from AMK Models and that person would be just as familiar with the internal workings of AMK. Honestly, the clue that led me to think this, was the Jennings lament. Martin was in fact around when Jennings was banned, although I am not sure others from AMK were. The "others" I am referring to, didn't establish themselves online until much later afaik. Either way, you are correct this thread needs to die already.

Hey guys. Anyone able to get a reply from sincere hobby? 

Im still waiting for my amk tomcat. They sent me a email in November for the extra shipping. I said yes and ive heard nothing from them since. Ive been emailing the via the contact form their paypal email the info email NADA... 

Im a patient guy but this is ridiculous.... and yes i know its not AMK's fault at this point

On 2/3/2020 at 5:13 PM, andrew.deboer said:

I’ll condense that review.

”Buon Giorno!

Mama Mia! Thisa AMK F-14D, she’s-a notta box-shaker! She’s-a make me use modeling skills! I’m-a not so good atta test-fit, so I masha these parts together best I can! She is what she is!

Arrivederci!”

Dude put the seats together wrong, mixing up the left and right halves so he ended up with one long canopy breaker on each seat. Whoops. The canopy, she doesn’t fit!

All kidding aside, the Conclusions section is pretty much spot on. 

"Buongiorno!
Mama Mia (maybe you trying to say MAMMA mia)! also this modeler encountered the same problem with the seats and canopy!! 
All of this modelers needs much more modeling skills because they are not so good with the fit of this Tomcat!!!!
Arrivederci!"

😏

Indeed... the canopy won't fit not just for an error during the building of the canopy breaker.... THE CANOPY WON'T FIT, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

418ltfWMq1QVJTkXDAiDtqYAKmcAXKJfrgGu43rm

Edited by Starfighter84
6 hours ago, Starfighter84 said:

"Buongiorno!
Mama Mia (maybe you trying to say MAMMA mia)! also this modeler encountered the same problem with the seats and canopy!! 
All of this modelers needs much more modeling skills because they are not so good with the fit of this Tomcat!!!!
Arrivederci!"

😏

Indeed... the canopy won't fit not just for an error during the building of the canopy breaker.... THE CANOPY WON'T FIT, PLAIN AND SIMPLE!

Yeah, I came off like a jerk. Sorry about that. Mi scuso.

Mine fits. Don’t know what to tell you. To be fair, it is difficult to get the tab on the bottom of the seat inserted properly in the slot in the floor. I have also seen some instances where the cockpit had been slid into the nose with its alignment tabs above  the rail inside the nose, rather than below, which could make the entire cockpit sit higher. 

I would cut off the tab on the bottom of the seat and sand the bottom of the seat with a coarse grit. The bottom of the seat will never be seen.