ARC Discussion Forums
Jennings

AMK 1/48 F-14!!!

On 9/23/2018 at 9:15 AM, foxmulder_ms said:

It has Great Wall Su-35 style intakes/engine nacelles. Cool.. 

Sorry if this has already been answered, but the kit appears to include both one piece intakes/engine nacelles and a lower fuselage with the engine nacelles attached.

Will the lower fuselage be re-tooled so the full length parts will fit or is the modeler expected to cut away the nacelles so the parts fit? :hmmm:

:cheers:

14 minutes ago, Mr Matt Foley said:

WORD! What I said!

WERD!!

like a drunken deadbeat dad another "promise" unkept.

does anyone have the patience to go back through the thread and count the number of times that the release date has changed?

2 minutes ago, dylan said:

WERD!!

like a drunken deadbeat dad another "promise" unkept.

does anyone have the patience to go back through the thread and count the number of times that the release date has changed?

If i was really bored, I'd do it. There's been a bunch though and on their Facebook page. Theres even one comment where one of them apologizes-for something to the effect of-leading us on. But they turn right back around and do it again. 

lesson learned.. never getting sucked into paying for a pre-order ever again.. i'll just buy stuff when it gets released.

Might not be all AMK's fault here. Hobbyeasy keeps changing the release date as it gets close to the last one they posted. I don't think they have any information from AMK. They're just extending the pre-order each time it approaches the last date. They did the same thing with the Kitty Hawk releases. Didn't mean they had a new date from the manufacturer. When they eventually get the kit in, that will be the release date. Until then it anyone's guess.

Patience fellas... we'll get there eventually...

Image result for driving in circles gif

:rofl:

10 hours ago, viper730 said:

So It will be summer but Southern Hemisphere Summer!!!!!

And people thought I was being stupid 😄 

17 hours ago, Zactoman said:

Sorry if this has already been answered, but the kit appears to include both one piece intakes/engine nacelles and a lower fuselage with the engine nacelles attached.

Will the lower fuselage be re-tooled so the full length parts will fit or is the modeler expected to cut away the nacelles so the parts fit? :hmmm:

:cheers:

I have no idea. But I would speculate they go over the lower fusalage. They (engine nacelles on the main part) look smaller in diameter. I still don't get the wing mechanism either. It looks like they have some extra pieces. 

5 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

I have no idea. But I would speculate they go over the lower fusalage. They (engine nacelles on the main part) look smaller in diameter. I still don't get the wing mechanism either. It looks like they have some extra pieces. 

It looks like the AMK rear fuselage will be a 2-ply arrangement, with the full-length nacelles glued over the structural piece. Makes me wonder if it could add enough weight to make it a tailsitter... Which I will never know because my AMK Tomcat will have forward-swept wings and will be posed in flight!. 

Maybe one day I'll spring for one of the AMK and GWH Tomcats, but for now I think I'll just stick with the Tamiyas as the company and model itself is already proven and reliable.

6 minutes ago, foxmulder_ms said:

I still don't get the wing mechanism either. It looks like they have some extra pieces. 

It's a wing spar - a central 'box' with large tabs on either side to set the angle of the wings.  The kit wings slide onto the tabs.  There are three spar options for different wing positions - forward, swept and oversweep.

This might be a stupid question, but why isn't there a rear fin slot in the forward starboard side AIM-7 recess?

Edited by Mstor
correct spelling error

From a cursory view it looks as if ‘’POSSIBLY’’ AMK could make a early block numbered “Boat Tail”’ Cat .....Possibly.

Thoughts on this ‘’May/Might” divert much of the criticism, crying, & nashing of teeth towards a kit that does not exist at this time.

Of course that’s just the word on the street😜

I sincerely hope that Martin and the team at AMK can have home run with this mold and it fits as good or better than comparable kits out there today. 

I realize this can be frustrating to many as we have been told of many a release dates, however I try think of this as that they are refining and tweaking the mold to ensure we the customer have a great experience building it whenever it is released. 

Hang in there folks and stay tuned to the same Tomcat time and to same Tomcat channel.

Stay Tomcatty my friends,

Mr.Happy (In name only)

I'm curious as to what to do with the two engines they are giving us. Hiding them in the fuselage makes no sense. Maybe they will provide a cart for displaying them, but I don't see any on the sprues....

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

Just looking to the weapons spus, AMK you just have start selling weapons sets!!!!!! You could do U.S.A., and Russian, thus making a lot of folks doing other brands happy while filling your pockets with cash to do that once in a lifetime F100d!

Gary