Shion,

The canopy you see there is the first ever pull from the mold and the plastic, as you can see is not quite clear, indicating a test plastic.

Two types of canopy are included so you can choose what to do with it. If you don't want choice, that's easy. WE just give the same as every other manufacturer and you get one type.

It's cheaper for us, it's less complicated to mold, it's far less investment and it's quicker.

However, we are not a 'run of the mill' company and we prefer that you do have the option. Thanks for the kind feedback but I think you will be happier once you see the final parts.

3 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Shion,

The canopy you see there is the first ever pull from the mold and the plastic, as you can see is not quite clear, indicating a test plastic.

Two types of canopy are included so you can choose what to do with it. If you don't want choice, that's easy. WE just give the same as every other manufacturer and you get one type.

It's cheaper for us, it's less complicated to mold, it's far less investment and it's quicker.

However, we are not a 'run of the mill' company and we prefer that you do have the option. Thanks for the kind feedback but I think you will be happier once you see the final parts.

Shion,

Shion,

So, ummmmm, hmmmmm. Its, uuuhhhhh, the end of summer/beginning of fall and, well, I kinda thought there would be this kit released. Maybe you remember: it's a 1/48 F-14D. I think it was made a company called AMK. I can't remember though, it's been more than 3 years since it was announced. Oh yeah, there were also 2 pre-order circuses. Sound familiar?

So now the end of summer has come and you have once again made promises that you haven't lived up to. Well, in my eyes, that makes you completely full of $%@... You know, IN THE BEGGINING, you should've just said, "Future Release" and stuck with it until the kits were in route to the sellers. You guys really suck

Shaking. My. Head 

Edited by goondman
9 minutes ago, goondman said:

So, ummmmm, hmmmmm. Its, uuuhhhhh, the end of summer/beginning of fall and, well, I kinda thought there would be this kit released. Maybe you remember: it's a 1/48 F-14D. I think it was made a company called AMK. I can't remember though, it's been more than 3 years since it was announced. Oh yeah, there were also 2 pre-order circuses. Sound familiar?

So now the end of summer has come and you have once again made promises that you haven't lived up to. Well, in my eyes, that makes you completely full of $%@... You know, IN THE BEGGINING, you should've just said, "Future Release" and stuck with it until the kits were in route to the sellers. You guys really suck

Shaking. My. Head 

Wow, that was a bit over the top and unnecessary.

3 hours ago, flanker27 said:

I didnt follow 105 pages of discussion but dont understand why people are complaining about options, if you dont like the extra parts, just give it away, or put it on a seat and sit on top of it.

No mate a limited few would far prefer an single course which even with the most minute of issues woukd make your kit basically worthless.

Even if AMK nail the engineering and it fits well none of said guru’s have adequately explained how they will,

Clean up sprue joins on two window sections with either i connection point maybe two for a perfectly clear edge that a single puece canopy provides.

Further tell us how to glue the clear part to the frame leaving no residue which will be painfully obvious with only the most minor gluing complication.

I am actually looking forward to seeing how AMK do it as it might be a huge step forward in kit production technique that does make single piece canopies a thing of the past.

But i like the insurance of both...

11 minutes ago, ChesshireCat said:

Then simply go out and buy the other guys kits! That way you'll be happy, and so will others

Glt

Like you and many others, I have plenty to keep me busy. And to be clear. My problem isn't the length of time they're taking getting it out. My problem is the 3 + years of "soon, any day now, not long now, I've seen the molds, bla, bla, bla, bla. 

4 minutes ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

It strikes me strange that some people here were just mad as hornets 10 pages ago, and they were mad as hornets 50 pages ago about the same thing. And yet they're still posting about how mad they still are. 

I mean no disrespect, but what's strange? It's just as irritating now as was 60 pages ago

9 hours ago, Martin @ AMK Models said:

Shion,

hello, 

excuse me, but you just say that it's "the first [sample] ever pull from the mold and the plastic"?

Without short shot, without bubble, without grease depot, without a single troubleshooting?

You were really able to launch a production with a new mold, without doing a mold trial?

That's pretty amazing.

And one thing: there is no "test plastic".

Plastics are cheap raw material, reason why our hobby is relatively inexpensive.

Reason why a large amount of the content of plastic kit box, sprues, go to the bin.

So, when you make a mold trial, because you have to make a mold trial when you receive a new mold,

you use the plastic you'll use for your production. And because mold trial is a long process with numerous cycles, 

if you use a (cristal) clear plastic material, when, in the end, you have your final settings, your production (at this moment) is (cristal) clear.

Same thing, about the same "test plastic" explanation you used last time when people were suspicious about the short shot on the rudders.

Short shot is a result of wrong injection settings.

And there's no miracle: if your plastic products have a rough texture, it means that your mold have a rough texture or that your injection settings are wrong.

30 minutes ago, shion said:

hello, 

excuse me, but you just say that it's "the first [sample] ever pull from the mold and the plastic"?

Without short shot, without bubble, without grease depot, without a single troubleshooting?

You were really able to launch a production with a new mold, without doing a mold trial?

That's pretty amazing.

And one thing: there is no "test plastic".

Plastics are cheap raw material, reason why our hobby is relatively inexpensive.

Reason why a large amount of the content of plastic kit box, sprues, go to the bin.

So, when you make a mold trial, because you have to make a mold trial when you receive a new mold,

you use the plastic you'll use for your production. And because mold trial is a long process with numerous cycles, 

if you use a (cristal) clear plastic material, when, in the end, you have your final settings, your production (at this moment) is (cristal) clear.

Same thing, about the same "test plastic" explanation you used last time when people were suspicious about the short shot on the rudders.

Short shot is a result of wrong injection settings.

And there's no miracle: if your plastic products have a rough texture, it means that your mold have a rough texture or that your injection settings are wrong.

Have you ever received test shots of models from anyone?

I have.....a CH-46E from Academy, an F-4J from Zukei-Mura, parts of the 1/32 F/A-18 from Academy, an EA-6B from Kinetic and a couple of others. I can tell you from first hand knowledge and as matter of fact, the plastic used for the test shots I received was NOT the same plastic used in the production of those kits. The CH-46 test shot fuselage was grainy and the clear parts in it, as well as the F-4J from ZM were frosted.  Some of the test shot parts of the Hornet were in silver plastic.

Test shots are done to simply make sure all of the parts come out as they should. Tweaks and adjustments are made where, and when necessary. Once everything is as it's supposed to be, the molds are polished and the kit goes into production.

Seriously dude, your post above pretty much confirms that at this point, you're being a jerk just to be one. 

12 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

I have.....a CH-46E from Academy, an F-4J from Zukei-Mura, parts of the 1/32 F/A-18 from Academy, an EA-6B from Kinetic and a couple of others. I can tell you from first hand knowledge and as matter of fact, the plastic used for the test shots I received was NOT the same plastic used in the production of those kits. The CH-46 test shot fuselage was grainy and the clear parts in it, as well as the F-4J from ZM were frosted.  Some of the test shot parts of the Hornet were in silver plastic.

Test shots are done to simply make sure all of the parts come out as they should. Tweaks and adjustments are made where, and when necessary. Once everything is as it's supposed to be, the molds are polished and the kit goes into production.

Seriously dude, your post above pretty much confirms that at this point, you're being a jerk just to be one. 

Yes…, and a laxative one ! If I may say so.

29 minutes ago, Dave Roof said:

Yes.

Because.... it's my job.

It's the same plastic, it's just they sent you parts of the mold trial, not parts of the final production.

During mold trial, we don't care (in the beginning) about things like color consistancy, or transparency of clear parts.

If parts are grainy (and mold isn't), thing is, injection settings are wrong.

If parts are frosted, it's just that injection settings are wrong too.

And it's a common pratice by plastic injection molders to use silver colored pigments to color raw plastic material, aim is detecting different rheological problems.

Reason why you can found numerous exhibition  model sprues of Tamiya and Hasegawa, in silver plastic.

Mold trial is done to found the injection settings you will use for your production.

It's a back-and-forth between the workshop and the part of your team which do measurements.

So like I said before, it's pretty amazing that people are able to skip this part.

And remember, he said the frosted canopy parts are like because of "test plastic". 

No trace of polishing process.

How do you say this in USA,?

Ah yes, jokes on you.

6 hours ago, Space Tiger Hobbes said:

I have no reason whatsoever to doubt you or anyone else who doesn't like the kit, the company or the marketing. But why continue to re-state your position? Is this thread providing some sort of cathartic outlet now beyond a simple discussion about plastic?

They keep lying. I keep b%☆♡♧ing

1 hour ago, madcop said:

Yes…, and a laxative one ! If I may say so.

Don't do this.

Keep the discussion civil.

Don't use alt accounts for these kind of behaviour.

First attempt, I reported it.

Next time, I may be less considerate.

And around and around the PP'ing match goes...

Image result for pissing match gif

Entertaining though. Reminds me of those "I quit!" threads from the early days of ARC. The old heads around here...however many of us are left...will remember those. Haven't had one in ages :hmmm:.

Carry on...:popcorn: