On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:57 AM, Darren Roberts said:

SOAB: Did you hear that they released a new Farley Fruitbat? Finally! I've wanted one for years now.

RC: I hope they got the ventral doohickey vent under the left starboard winglet correct.

SOAB: They just released pictures of test shots.

RC: I just looked at the pictures. What a POS. The ventral doohickey vent is totally butchered. It's a clear 3mm too far forward. Not only that, but the transfluxer is a complete joke. I mean, what company could screw that up? It's obvious they didn't do their research. It's there for all to see! Into the bin this crap goes!

SOAB: You sound like a Star Trek geek. Who cares what's wrong with it. Just be happy a company actually produced a Farley Fruitbat. If you don't like it, don't buy it. Just don't complain about it.

I think that in this example SOAB is being just that. Perhaps he's preordered, and he's bothered to have to wait a lifetime for the kit to be released (mind you; the manufacturor is postponing the release date on and on, time and time again). Top that off; the manufacturor posts pictures of the proposed kit which show that the ventral doohickey vent is totally butchered and it's a clear 3mm too far forward. The same as the transfluxer, which is a complete joke. SOAB is frustrated that he's already paid top-notch quid for a kit which not only is yet to be released, but also, is going to be inaccurate right from the start. If it were just for the ventral doohickey that needs to be relocated 3mm backwards, but it's the transfluxer as well...!!! 

On ‎10‎/‎12‎/‎2018 at 9:57 AM, Darren Roberts said:

SUAB: Did you hear that they released a new Farley Fruitbat? Finally! I've wanted one for years now.

RC: Interesting. I know a bit about this subject. Have pictures been posted yet?

SUAB: Yes they have.

RC: I took a look. It appears the ventral doohickey vent under the starboard winglet might be misplaced, but not by much. Maybe 3mm or so. You might also be interested to know that the transfluxer seems to be from the Mk. 1, while this is a Mk. 3. It's a small difference, but it's noticeable if you're familiar with the subject.

SUAB: Thanks for the info. The ventral doohickey vent doesn't bother me too much. I didn't know about the transfluxer. Is there a way to fix it?

RC: If you cut off 2mm from the back end, that should get you close. Or you could ask that guy at Steel Beach to do a resin piece, but he's a slacker and never gets anything done.

Here SUAB has clearly received the kit already that the manufacturor's been promising almost three years ago, and he's able to look for himself - up closeand personal - what the issues in the kit are like. Also, perhaps SUAB has got a surplus Mk.3 transfluxer at hand from a kit leftover to fix the issue which was commented on previously. No big deal. Steel Beach may have a correction for it.

As to the "What's next?"questions, AMK has already stated that they are working on a 1/48 Mil 8/17 kit, doing the molds for a European company that will market it......

Edited by RCAFFAN
3 hours ago, RCAFFAN said:

As to the "What's next?"questions, AMK has already stated that they are working on a 1/48 Mil 8/17 kit, doing the molds for a European company that will market it......

Where did you hear/see that? I don't remember AMK mentioning it here?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

It is in there somewhere but I am not going to go through 100+ pages looking for it...

Look here instead:

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/234989250-148-mil-mi-17-mi-8mt-hip-by-annetra/

Bruce

P.S. As you can see from the dates, they are years behind on this one too...

Edited by RCAFFAN
22 hours ago, RCAFFAN said:

They also stated that a Mig 25 was in the future! After reading a book on the Mig25R, I kinda want one. Really wish they'd do a 1/48th scale Yak25R!!!!

Gary

17 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

They also stated that a Mig 25 was in the future!

Gary,

I really hope that AMK release their promised MiG-25 kit in this century.

On ‎10‎/‎13‎/‎2018 at 12:35 PM, dryguy said:

So, how many of you guys are going to buy the new Heatblur Simultions F14 for DCS?

I certainly will. Still trying to decypher how the RIO's AI is going to work like while playing solo.

Cheers,

Onigiri

2 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

Still trying to decypher how the RIO's AI is going to work like while playing solo.

Look for Ralfidude on The YouTubes.  He posted a vlog talking with one of the Heatblur developers a month or so ago and the RIO AI was one of the items discussed.

1 hour ago, Slartibartfast said:

Look for Ralfidude on The YouTubes.  He posted a vlog talking with one of the Heatblur developers a month or so ago and the RIO AI was one of the items discussed.

Already did, and the learning curve to get to manage the RIO's AI on the simulation will be a tad more difficult than to correct that aft fuselage detail on the AMK F-14D kit.

By the way; y'all should go check Heatblur's F-14B simulator on YouTube. The detail on the Heatblur F-14B's aft fuselage looks spot on, compared to the picture AMK has posted regarding that same area that most of us have sketched arrows and red lines on. :action-smiley-081:

On 10/13/2018 at 8:21 PM, galfa said:

Very, very interesting. Why you didn't quote me entirely ?

So, what takeaways?

- Accuracy wise at least the rear fuselage of this kit is flawed.

- No new pics will be posted because it would affect the market.

As a result, if shape accuracy is important for you, before buying this kit think twice.

And no pilot!!!!!! It's no wonder why modelers have beg for a new kit, when they know four or five people will go on a campaign to destroy their latest kit & reputation! If you don't like it, then simply don't buy it. Many of us feel our time is somewhat valuable, and just don't want this scenario in our lives.

Gary

8 hours ago, Mstor said:

I'd like to see a new Su-25 kit.

An accurate Su-25 in both single and twin seat configuration will be extremely welcome. 

Just an advice to AMK. Dont announce your future kits too early. Or else it will be 100+ pages of ranting and nitpicking to no one's benefit.

Just chill guys. If you so want to build an F-14D, Tamiya has a beautiful kit out there. Also, there are tons of Hasegawa F-14D iterations available. Grab one and build one until AMK kit is finally shipping. :)

16 hours ago, ChesshireCat said:

And no pilot!!!!!! It's no wonder why modelers have beg for a new kit, when they know four or five people will go on a campaign to destroy their latest kit & reputation! If you don't like it, then simply don't buy it. Many of us feel our time is somewhat valuable, and just don't want this scenario in our lives.

Gary

What scenario? Didn't other SUAB guys just say, people like these won't be taken seriously, and you think that they are destroying the kit?? If anything, AMK created the scenario themselves.  

Anyway I will just continue with my post. The rear fuselage of the test build looks really wired to me, because it has a continuously S shaped outline, the real thing has a section that is rather completely straight. Here is picture comparing photos of the real thing in this area to both the test build and CAD.

sshaped5bdcc.png

If it will look just fine to you, then it's fine too,  go buy and enjoy the kit. My time is valuable too, but I post this for people who potentially may care, so that they will take a second look, the kit is not even there yet, it may look better in real.  I'm certainly not out to destroy anything, what should I or any one?? Actually I post it for AMK too, let's say that they spend 100 hours in checking their CAD designs for this kit, then I hope that next time that would be 101 hours, not 99. But then I again, it's just me, if most people would't care it and will buy anyway, then why should they spent more? The bottom line is, if you like the kit then buy it, I'm not telling anyone not to. So for any drama or butthurt feeling it may create, no, there will be no apology from me.  

Edited by delide

My thoughts on the AMK F-14 'controversy':

1) We need Tamiya and/or GWH to do a new tool A-10C.

2) Sierra Hotel Models is panning to do a 1/48 A-10C cockpit for October (doesn't say what year...)

3) Academy 1/35 M1A2 Tusk II /V2 is by far the best modern armor model I have the pleasure to build.

4) Will AMK included in the initial F-14 release a 1/78 resin figure of Lady Gaga?

21 minutes ago, nachjager said:

4) Will AMK included in the initial F-14 release a 1/78 resin figure of Lady Gaga?

Yes, but why in 1/78th scale, I wonder? Don't you rather want Lady Gaga in 1/48th scale wearing a thong, sitting on the front seat of the AMK Tomcat kit cockpit?

I mean, her face would look exactly like Tom Cruise's in Top Gun, when he's shown boarding the Tomcat - his face looks like he's got the faintest idea what all those dials on the IP are there for. And it still does today!

Damn!

28 minutes ago, nachjager said:

My thoughts on the AMK F-14 'controversy':

1) We need Tamiya and/or GWH to do a new tool A-10C.

2) Sierra Hotel Models is panning to do a 1/48 A-10C cockpit for October (doesn't say what year...)

3) Academy 1/35 M1A2 Tusk II /V2 is by far the best modern armor model I have the pleasure to build.

Agreed. That F-111 series would be Greeaaat...