1 hour ago, galfa said:

As a result, members of this forum like me, who care about accuracy, are warning whoever cares about accuracy to stay far from this kit.

Ha! Comedy gold right there! Do you honestly believe your 'warning' is going to stop modelers from buying and building this kit? 

2 hours ago, Alpagueur said:

but why do not you wait for the kit to come out? it has been said that there will be corrections I do not understand why to continue with these criticisms

It has been said that "Theres no issue with the back end. The photographs and lines make for an optical illusion" It's just some photo comparison with the test shot,  illusions or not, big issue or not, everyone is free to see and maybe judge for themselves. I think the negativity towards such comparison has also led to even more comparison :-)  Anyway, the manufacturer surely sees no issue  at all, so it will be what it is as the test shot, regarding the back end. Surely you can wait for the plastic if the photos of the test shot are meaningless to you. 

1 hour ago, Doppelgänger said:

Oh, my... :rolleyes: Oh, my...!!! So, in other words, AMK just took the grief of revising the whole Kfir kit fuselage to indulge merely on a whimsical common optical illusion. You can go tell that to an aeronautical engineer and see whether he slaps you on the shoulder ironically or he laughs his rump inside out in front of you. Allrighty then. 

What? That's what the engineer told me, I tried hard not to messed up any details, oh well :-) Anyway, I do applause AMK to have corrected the Kfir of course, but I find it rather embarrassing to miss a such common detail, however it's all in the past. My point is that, mistakes can happen, complaints are probably not all unreasonable. After all photos of the Tamiya kit doesn't generate nearly as much of "optical illusion". galfa also did provide good comparison of the stabilizers, and it all gets ignored, I mean what is stabilizers anyway, except it turns in different angles and create optical illusions only? It's disappointing to see and tell me a lot about AMK to be honest, as marvellous as their engineering indeed is.

Yes, there will.

46 minutes ago, delide said:

What? That's what the engineer told me, I tried hard not to messed up any details, oh well :-) Anyway, I do applause AMK to have corrected the Kfir of course, but I find it rather embarrassing to miss a such common detail, however it's all in the past. My point is that, mistakes can happen, complaints are probably not all unreasonable. After all photos of the Tamiya kit doesn't generate nearly as much of "optical illusion". galfa also did provide good comparison of the stabilizers, and it all gets ignored, I mean what is stabilizers anyway, except it turns in different angles and create optical illusions only? It's disappointing to see and tell me a lot about AMK to be honest, as marvellous as their engineering indeed is.

Well, dunno what engineer could have told you so - or even if you took what he said the right way. But just wanted to tell you that the rule area is indeed existent (using your own words here), "at stationary" aircraft fuselages; examples abound: especially on the Mirage family of aircraft, the F-106, F-105, etc. It's really noticeable even "at stationary"

As for the AMK F-14D kit; Telford is just four days ahead. Won't comment any more about this rear flank issue on it until plastic is unveiled to the modellers. I'll only say that even if the AMK kit is flawed, I might as well get one kit in the end.

There's no kit I could ever told about that was 100% accurate, and as an example, I'll tell you that I've gotten the HobbyBoss 1/48 FB-111 kit in order to kitbash it with the Academy one (windshield, engine shrouds and flaps are crap on the former, while weapons bay, main landing gear well and flaps/slats are absent on the latter). Flaps on the HobbyBoo-Boo kit could be fixed, I mean, why could the AMK kit not be fixed too?

In the case of the AMK F-14D kit, I could certainly use an old Monogram kit fuselage to fix the rear flank issue if they still were pants on the AMK kit - mind you, optical illusion or not, that issue on the AMK kit is still showing there on the last picture, while it's funny that same optical illusion seems not to be occurring on the Tamiya kit whatsoever.

Oh, well, whatever, never mind, hello, hello, hello (how low). With the lights out, it's less dangerous, here we're now, entertain us. I feel stupid and contagious; here we're now entertain us, a mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my libido, YEAH!

Cheers,

Onigiri

2 hours ago, galfa said:

Because that is what this forum is about.

You are correct, except we're now on 134 pages of essentially the same thing being stated over...and over....and over....and over....and....well, you get the point. 

2 hours ago, galfa said:

AMK posted photo of their 1:48 F-14D on this thread for marketing reason. By these photos is clear that the AMK 1:48 F-14D is seriously flawed, accuracy wise.

Again, you are correct, except your use of the word "seriously". That is a matter of opinion. 

2 hours ago, galfa said:

As a result, members of this forum like me, who care about accuracy, are warning whoever cares about accuracy to stay far from this kit.

While the pictures appear to show a variance compared to the actual aircraft, I don't consider it egregious enough to not purchase the kit. I'm quite looking forward to the kit. While I care about accuracy, I'm perfectly capable of making up my own mind on whether or not to purchase it. I don't need someone telling me not to purchase it.

2 hours ago, galfa said:

Then AMK says that their F-14D is - now - fine, but does not offer evidence of that, and will not offer evidence untill after they sell the kit at Telford.

So, why I have to wait until the kit come out to elaborate on what is already visible - here - since weeks? 

You have to wait because that's when actual plastic will be visible, not plastic in pictures which may or may not be the final product. Only when plastic is in hand will all know beyond a shadow of a doubt how the rear fuselage looks. In addition, I think you've elaborated enough. Stating something multiple times doesn't drive your point home any more effectively, it just gets annoying. We all get it. You don't like how the rear fuselage of the AMK F-14D looks. I love your passion for accuracy, but there comes a time when one needs to know when to give it a rest. I would suggest this might be a good time.You are, of course, free to decide for yourself, but a wise man listens to those around him and makes prudent choices.  

41 minutes ago, Doppelgänger said:

Yes, there will.

Well, dunno what engineer could have told you so - or even if you took what he said the right way. But just wanted to tell you that the rule area is indeed existent (using your own words here), "at stationary" aircraft fuselages; examples abound: especially on the Mirage family of aircraft, the F-106, F-105, etc. It's really noticeable even "at stationary"

As for the AMK F-14D kit; Telford is just four days ahead. Won't comment any more about this rear flank issue on it until plastic is unveiled to the modellers. I'll only say that even if the AMK kit is flawed, I might as well get one kit in the end.

There's no kit I could ever told about that was 100% accurate, and as an example, I'll tell you that I've gotten the HobbyBoss 1/48 FB-111 kit in order to kitbash it with the Academy one (windshield, engine shrouds and flaps are crap on the former, while weapons bay, main landing gear well and flaps/slats are absent on the latter). Flaps on the HobbyBoo-Boo kit could be fixed, I mean, why could the AMK kit not be fixed too?

In the case of the AMK F-14D kit, I could certainly use an old Monogram kit fuselage to fix the rear flank issue if they still were pants on the AMK kit - mind you, optical illusion or not, that issue on the AMK kit is still showing there on the last picture, while it's funny that same optical illusion seems not to be occurring on the Tamiya kit whatsoever.

Oh, well, whatever, never mind, hello, hello, hello (how low). With the lights out, it's less dangerous, here we're now, entertain us. I feel stupid and contagious; here we're now entertain us, a mulatto, an albino, a mosquito, my libido, YEAH!

Cheers,

Onigiri

Wait what, are you seriously telling me that you are take my sarcasm seriously too? I thought it's indeed you in that meme, oh well. But yes, especially on a Mirage family aircraft, how can it be missed?? And you missed my point too, buy it, build it, maybe fix it too, really do whatever you guys want. I just find that there is some truth in these so called Internet comparisons, so I don't like to see it being dismissed or shot down.   

4 minutes ago, delide said:

Wait what, are you seriously telling me that you are take my sarcasm seriously too?

:woot.gif: Was all your silly spiel regarding the rule area a joke on your part? That figures now...

5 minutes ago, delide said:

I thought it's indeed you in that meme, oh well.  

Yes, that's me in my av pic. I was mimicking this Murray Bozinsky wise-guy; Thom Bray's carácter, I once watched in an old TV series going by the name Riptide.

8 minutes ago, delide said:

But yes, especially on a Mirage family aircraft, how can it be missed??   

My point was that the released AMK Kfir kit did have a boo-boo and that made me make up my mind on buying the Kinetic Kfir kit instead. It was missed until modellers began complaining about the lack of it. Big mistake, which was fixed.

13 minutes ago, delide said:

And you missed my point too, buy it, build it, maybe fix it too, really do whatever you guys want. I just find that there is some truth in these so called Internet comparisons, so I don't like to see it being dismissed or shot down.   

No, I didn't. I would buy the AMK kit just for the wings (flaps, slats and spoilers on them look superb!)

Cheers,

Onigiri

Image result for Continuous road gif

And on...and on...and on...and on.................................................................................................................................to page-135

Edited by Don
1 hour ago, Don said:

Image result for Continuous road gif

And on...and on...and on...and on.................................................................................................................................to page-135

OMG your GIF has a seriously fatal flaw.  The yellow dotted line is moving the WRONG WAY. I've actually driven on Real Striped Roads so I am an expert and you should accept my statement as fact and without question.  We deserve to have this fixed IMMEDIATELY.  Also, you are obligated to post a corrected GIF by the end of the day.

Or should I just wait for Telford ???

:monkeydance:

Edited by habu2
20 minutes ago, habu2 said:

OMG your GIF has a seriously fatal flaw.  The yellow dotted line is moving the WRONG WAY. I've actually driven on Real Striped Roads so I am an expert and you should accept my statement as fact and without question.  We deserve to have this fixed IMMEDIATELY.  Also, you are obligated to post a corrected GIF by the end of the day.

Or should I just wait for Telford ???

:monkeydance:

It must be a pre-production road. We'll have to wait for Telford.

2 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

:woot.gif: Was all your silly spiel regarding the rule area a joke on your part? That figures now...

Yes, that's me in my av pic. I was mimicking this Murray Bozinsky wise-guy; Thom Bray's carácter, I once watched in an old TV series going by the name Riptide.

My point was that the released AMK Kfir kit did have a boo-boo and that made me make up my mind on buying the Kinetic Kfir kit instead. It was missed until modellers began complaining about the lack of it. Big mistake, which was fixed.

No, I didn't. I would buy the AMK kit just for the wings (flaps, slats and spoilers on them look superb!)

Cheers,

Onigiri

Haha, your pictures inspired me to it, didn't expect some of the responses though, it was seriously hilarious!! :-)

Of course it was a huge deal breaker for me too with their first Kfir, but I think some may not be able to understand that, as it looks about right to them. I guess if we could all acknowledge that, no matter how big or small the issue may be, some will still buy, some still won't, that it's no big deal about Internet comparison, this thread may not be that long and tiring for some. Personally I find those comparisons great, I can judge it myself and decide what to do, without actually the need to have every plastic in my hand and compare everything myself.

Yes, I can see the attraction of the wings and things, but AMK better hurry up, or an other set of wings at least is coming, no illusion.

Geez, Delide,,,,,,,I didn't catch that you were being sarcastic.

I had you firmly placed in the "Idjit file" after your post. (and it is quite a large file, you know)

I'll pull you back out and into the "just joking" file.

Sorry for that, but, even you must know that there are some people in this thread that have revealed their true agenda on all of this. ( one said "I hope so", when asked if he wanted people to avoid buying the kit)

And none of that small group of fairly new posters is going to come on here and say "hey, now that I see it in person, it seems to look all right to me",,,,,even if the entire kit is re-tooled and released that way. (we will just see them with 147 other nicknames when another kit gets announced as up and coming, by either the same manufacturer or another one that is on the "hit-list" )

Stay tuned, because I bet that the next round is going to be new accounts taking shots at the resin and decal producers, for each product released that compliments this kit. And we NEED those guys to be successful, just to continue to have a friggin' hobby industry alive and well,,,,,,,even those of us that build in different scales.

@Rex

Given that I am the one who said "I hope so" let me stress that I have no hidden agenda. 

My point is that I care about accuracy and I don't want to be disappointed after open a box.

It happened to me in the past and I don't want this to happen again to me or to others.

I will be the first one to celebrate this kit when proved that I am wrong.

By the way, Telford is just a couple of days away...

eO7hWh.jpg

Edited by galfa
20 hours ago, habu2 said:

Hard to believe ?  Why, because you read it on the interwebs ?

Maybe you confused the speed of sound (Mach) with the speed of light ?   For, as any aircraft approaches the speed of light, the Lorentz-Fitzgerald contraction would make the airframe’s length appear to be shorter than it would be at rest (in a relative sense) but only in the direction of travel. Sorry, but you can’t apply Einstein’s theories in randomly chosen orthogonal axes.  Plus, I think the top speed of the Kfir is well below the speeds needed for such contraction phenomena.  Well below. 

Since your google-fu is weak (or non-existant) I CAN provide links....

Your post is most interesting. Might add that when mass reaches the speed of light it no longer exists ( as a mass), but becomes pure energy. 

2 hours ago, Rex said:

Geez, Delide,,,,,,,I didn't catch that you were being sarcastic.

I had you firmly placed in the "Idjit file" after your post. (and it is quite a large file, you know)

I'll pull you back out and into the "just joking" file.

Sorry for that, but, even you must know that there are some people in this thread that have revealed their true agenda on all of this. ( one said "I hope so", when asked if he wanted people to avoid buying the kit)

And none of that small group of fairly new posters is going to come on here and say "hey, now that I see it in person, it seems to look all right to me",,,,,even if the entire kit is re-tooled and released that way. (we will just see them with 147 other nicknames when another kit gets announced as up and coming, by either the same manufacturer or another one that is on the "hit-list" )

Stay tuned, because I bet that the next round is going to be new accounts taking shots at the resin and decal producers, for each product released that compliments this kit. And we NEED those guys to be successful, just to continue to have a friggin' hobby industry alive and well,,,,,,,even those of us that build in different scales.

No problem :-)  But I see you guys could use a lesson or two about the common optical illusions out there :- ) 

I admit it was not entirely a joke, but also a dig at AMK for dismissing everything as opical illusion, the Kfir’s error could be qualify as such, as it matches the side view. There is already a well researched/Grumman supported Tamiya kit,  to my eyes it exhibits none of those “opticial illusions”, so I thought it could be used to double check the designs closely.

Yes,  personally would regret it if I didn’t check and receive a kit that looks like the test shot too,  I don’t want to fix anything myself as I'm not Grumman supported, so I would be grateful to the information galfa  provided. Nevertheless, he still have some good observations IMO.

I guess we all have our own agendas, those who want to have as many new kits as possible, and those others who only want the best kits with the best shapes, so they are more critcal and really needed the manufacturers to up their games. I guess there lies the root of the conflict. But why can't it be mutually beneficial, "look about right" guys can support the industries, and those like galfa, can lead to improvements in quality, like the complaint that lead to the retool of Kfir for example. So I hope that we would be able to get along, especially as there are not a lot people who share this hobby, after all only we have an idea what we are talking about, even though not always.

Edited by delide
20 minutes ago, delide said:

No problem :-)  But I see you guys could use a lesson or two about the common optical illusions out there :- ) 

I was about to ask you about those fake moon landings......

28 minutes ago, delide said:

I admit it was not entirely a joke, but also a dig at AMK for dismissing everything as opical illusion, the Kfir’s error could be qualify as such, as it matches the side view. There is already a well researched/Grumman supported Tamiya kit,  to my eyes it exhibits none of those “opticial illusions”, so I thought it could be used to double check the designs closely.

Yes,  personally would regret it if I didn’t check and receive a kit that looks like the test shot too,  I don’t want to fix anything myself as I'm not Grumman supported, so I would be grateful to the information galfa  provided. Nevertheless, he still have some good observations IMO.

I guess we all have our own agendas, those who want to have as many new kits as possible, and those others who only want the best kits with the best shapes, so they are more critcal and really needed the manufacturers to up their games. I guess there lies the root of the conflict. But why can't it be mutually beneficial, "look about right" guys can support the industries, and those like galfa, can lead to improvements in quality, like the complaint that lead to the retool of Kfir for example. So I hope that we would be able to get along, especially as there are not a lot people who share this hobby, after all only we have an idea what we are talking about, even though not always.

as one who just started following this thread and was reluctant to comment, I will throw my hat in and say THIS is a spot on post. There is room for people who point out flaws (rivet counters) just as much as there are for the shut up and build it folks. It just the problem comes when the shut up and build it folks take things personal, as if they have an investment in the companies image. I for one welcome people who can look at test shots and images and point out what are perceived flaws. Some companies, like apparently AMK, do take note of those comments and sometimes fix whatever issues they can. I would think that would be a welcome interchange of thoughts by everyone, including the good enough folks. I mean if a kit with some shape flaws is good enough to build, then wouldn't a kit with those flaws fixed also be good enough to build for them? Sure, some may beat a point to death, and some are completely wrong about their observations. But just saying wait for the kit before judging really does nobody good AT ALL. I would think the whole reason a company releases test shot images is to get feedback. And if I were to release a test shot of something and all I got back was "that looks great, can't wait to build it" from the test shot only to find out I screwed up a shape, well I'd be pretty upset. If however the feedback was wrong, I would thank them for their input and leave it be. But telling them to shut up and build it? Not a great plan in my mind. Not that AMK said that, I don't think they did. It seems only other "good enoughs" have been tooting that horn.

Just my 2 cents,

Bill

Edited by niart17
46 minutes ago, habu2 said:

I was about to ask you about those fake moon landings......

Well I would first need to look it up again,  from more memes from Doppelgänger that is :-)

46 minutes ago, niart17 said:

as one who just started following this thread and was reluctant to comment, I will throw my hat in and say THIS is a spot on post. There is room for people who point out flaws (rivet counters) just as much as there are for the shut up and build it folks. It just the problem comes when the shut up and build it folks take things personal, as if they have an investment in the companies image. I for one welcome people who can look at test shots and images and point out what are perceived flaws. Some companies, like apparently AMK, do take note of those comments and sometimes fix whatever issues they can. I would think that would be a welcome interchange of thoughts by everyone, including the good enough folks. I mean if a kit with some shape flaws is good enough to build, then wouldn't a kit with those flaws fixed also be good enough to build for them? Sure, some may beat a point to death, and some are completely wrong about their observations. But just saying wait for the kit before judging really does nobody good AT ALL. I would think the whole reason a company releases test shot images is to get feedback. And if I were to release a test shot of something and all I got back was "that looks great, can't wait to build it" from the test shot only to find out I screwed up a shape, well I'd be pretty upset. If however the feedback was wrong, I would thank them for their input and leave it be. But telling them to shut up and build it? Not a great plan in my mind. Not that AMK said that, I don't think they did. It seems only other "good enoughs" have been tooting that horn.

Just my 2 cents,

Bill

Thanks for your comment and the quote, yes indeed, there should be room for everyone!

2 hours ago, shion said:

If you want some news about their F-14, you'd better look (carefully) at the Anetra Mi-17 molds and test shots photos.

Where does one find said photos? I didn't see any on their Facebook page. In the pic you posted there is an F-14 sprue up in the upper left corner.

Martin, my friend! Good to hear from you. I apologize on behalf of the hysterical crowd's reception of you, this hysterical over-reaction is part of the reason I've remained silent for many weeks (months?) of this endless drivel. I am of the belief that once the plastic is in its' box, the pundits can have at it and if the kit is wrong in any area, they can expend many pixels on decimating it. But, until then it is an exercise in futility, as they have nothing but a few test shots to go on. However, it is what it is. In fact, many of the most vocal have NO skin in the game so to speak, as they have self-admitted that they have not pre-ordered, nor will they buy the kit upon release. They are just enjoying their schadenfruede and trolling.

I DO have skin in the game as I have 5 kits on pre-order, 2 of which I have actually paid for already and 3 others which I was not required to pre-pay for. I am fine with everything, I am anxiously awaiting the kit and if the unexpected happens, I will do whatever it is I need to do. It isn't a liver transplant after all, it is simply a "model kit," which my wife so loudly tells me I have too many already. So stay well my friend and I wish I could make it to Telford to buy you a pint or two!

Rick

On 11/5/2018 at 11:37 AM, Brian P: Fightertown Decals said:

Would love to see pictures of those builds;). Thinking about making a Japan trip next month for model shopping and sushi...

definitely need to put the big shows on my calendar for next year!

brian 

Hi Brian 

I can only recommend it as much as possible..well other than the beer, whiskey and food!

I only found out about the show as i was in the Volks store Osaka and a local pro modeller was packing up his magnificent Tamiya 32nd F-14D conversion to take.

He spoke great English and letvus know about the show.

Must of been some kind of Tomcat model off to see so many at one show was a big surprise.

I love the tools you can get up there you can spend ages meandering around looking at the quirky zillions of things they come up with.

AMK kits have fallen in price in Japan as well the Kfir is selling for high 50’s USD which is nice to see.