ARC Discussion Forums

Jennings

AMK 1/48 F-14!!!

13 hours ago, zerosystem said:

This, it may be 152 pages but 100 of them are the same complaints:

"We haven't seen any new photos", "AMK isn't doing themselves any favors", "I swear I'm going to cancel my preorder"

True, true... :rolleyes: But there's a reason for this to be happening.

The irony here is that it's been quite a while since this thread ought to have been 100 pages of praises to AMK for having delivered an excellent F-14D kit in 1/48th scale instead.

"We've seen the best 1/48 F-14D kit in years", "AMK has kept their word and fulfilled our expectations", "I swear I'm going to buy 10 more kits of this one".

There's no point in being so obsequious towards a company who have this manner of conducting business and their sheer lack of communication with those who've pre-ordered. Only God knows now what the release date is.

Outrageous, and it leaves a lot to be desired.

Cheers,

Onigiri 

To be fair, I would bet that close to half of that 100 pages of contents are also complaints about the complaints. I mean lets be honest. It's kind of typical in that it boils back down to the rivet counters vs the good enufs. Rivet counters can't let kit errors, either real or perceived, go by and good enufs can't seem to let the complaints about kits go by without a stern finger pointing at the rivet counters and calling them ridiculous. This is nothing new here. 

Bill

36 minutes ago, niart17 said:

To be fair, I would bet that close to half of that 100 pages of contents are also complaints about the complaints. I mean lets be honest. It's kind of typical in that it boils back down to the rivet counters vs the good enufs. Rivet counters can't let kit errors, either real or perceived, go by and good enufs can't seem to let the complaints about kits go by without a stern finger pointing at the rivet counters and calling them ridiculous. This is nothing new here. 

Bill

I think a lot of the posts were - "look, here's where there is an error/problem", followed by - "I don't see it, I don't think its there", followed by more detailed descriptions of the error/problem with photos of real vs model, followed by more "I don't see it" or "look, a new photo was posted by AMK, its all fixed now", followed by, "no, look here, the problem still exists", and on and on. Basically, those that saw a problem and those that didn't/couldn't see it or believed AMK's pronouncements that all was well and good.

I don't know if you can call those that didn't or couldn't see the problems "good enufs". "Good enuffers" tend to accept that there is a problem or problems but not be concerned about them. I would call the two sides the rivet counters and the deniers. Don't get me wrong, for I do not mean to insinuate that being a denier is a negative thing. Many just seemed to not see the issues. Some were "converted" with mounting evidence. Others, just couldn't or wouldn't see it (perhaps the "wouldn't see it" people could be considered "good enuffers"? I don't know).

So, OK, I just used up a bunch of your time analyzing something that is probably completely insignificant. In the immortal words of Jimi Hendrix "Sorry to use up so much of your precious time, I'll give right back to you one of these days" :naughty:

36 minutes ago, Mstor said:

In the immortal words of Jimi Hendrix "Sorry to use up so much of your precious time, I'll give right back to you one of these days" :naughty:

I thought it was " 'scuse me while I kiss this guy"....  :beer4:

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

I thought it was " 'scuse me while I kiss this guy"....  :beer4:

Well, you know the actual F-14 is one "Foxey Lady" :whistle:

I'm ever curious what their problems were that resulted in the kits delay..seems like it cropped up right after import certification. 

¡Hola, Manuel, mi amigo! :wave: ¿Cuándo vas a "encarar" tu F-14D de Tamiya? (como diría mi amigo Fede).

14 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

28/12/2018 maybe… 

:woot.gif: Maybe...??? (Mayhem!)

Cheers,

Onigiri

Edited by Doppelgänger
Sumthin' FAIL!

5 hours ago, Doppelgänger said:

¡Hola, Manuel, mi amigo! :wave: ¿Cuándo vas a "encarar" tu F-14D de Tamiya? (como diría mi amigo Fede).

:woot.gif: Maybe...??? (Mayhem!)

Cheers,

Onigiri

La imagen puede contener: avión, cielo y exterior

Onigiri, F-14D from Tamiya is almost ready… 

18 hours ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

La imagen puede contener: avión, cielo y exterior

Onigiri, F-14D from Tamiya is almost ready… 

:woot.gif: Impressive!

Tell me you've not started a thread on the WIP section, so as I don't feel a complete jacknut. :doh:

Gonna go check anyway.

Cheers Manuel!

Onigiri

On 12/7/2018 at 10:59 AM, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

F-14D from Tamiya is almost ready… 

Very nice build! Love the paint work! :worship:

I wish you FB guys would post in-progress and RFI threads here on ARC for us non-Facebookers.

It looks like Tamiya really nailed the shapes and details. The wing gloves and V-stab fairings look great and they even included the inboard wing access panels that are only visible when the wings are extended. :thumbsup:

:cheers:

15 hours ago, Zactoman said:

It looks like Tamiya really nailed the shapes and details. The wing gloves and V-stab fairings look great and they even included the inboard wing access panels that are only visible when the wings are extended. :thumbsup:

Exacto, man... :tease:

AMK F-14D kit now showing 15/1/19 release date via Hobbyeasy.com, with the weapons set down for 22/12/18 release...

1 hour ago, azzaob said:

AMK F-14D kit now showing 15/1/19 release date via Hobbyeasy.com, with the weapons set down for 22/12/18 release...

As I keep saying each time someone posts a Hobbyeasy release date - it has nothing to do with any release date from AMK. Hobbyeasy just keeps moving the date out as time passes to keep their preorder open. There is still no word from AMK.

On 12/18/2018 at 2:11 AM, Mstor said:

As I keep saying each time someone posts a Hobbyeasy release date - it has nothing to do with any release date from AMK. Hobbyeasy just keeps moving the date out as time passes to keep their preorder open. There is still no word from AMK.

I learned that over a year ago...yet it just keeps going and going and going.........So....25% off today at Squadron and guess what? I got myself a Tamiya F-14D kit, aftermarket seats, and wheels. Enough waiting I haven't had a Tomcat on the shelf in ages.

Then it was off to  Fightertown. I grabbed a sheet of the Haze Gray Tomcats and the Data sheet.

On ‎12‎/‎18‎/‎2018 at 1:45 AM, azzaob said:

2019-02-15

🙄

April 1, 2019

I mean, as long as we’re pulling release dates out of our collective azz, why not ?  :monkeydance: