27 minutes ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

I did pre-order two, and I've remained mostly silent, occasionally venting..but this is silly. 

They said summer, then "unavoidable delays"...now..complete silence. 

Either AMK is gone belly up and is effectively no more or they're having to fix errors (again). 

Either way, by and large, AMK's done as a model company. 

Really. 

1 hour ago, Jonathan_Lotton said:

Either way, by and large, AMK's done as a model company. 

If they release an accurate kit, I'm sure it'll sell and they won't be done. Mind you, it's just my personal opinion.

I still remember VW's "Diesel gate". In the first months of that scandal they were crucified, car sales plunged. Now, the Diesel gate is still far from being resolved, but I read VW now selling even more cars than before. People have a short memory, but I'm not saying this in a bad sense : time passes, people forget, and one day people think "yeah, why not give this new mouth-watering product a try, after all".

In any case, if AMK succeed in releasing an accurate Tomcat kit, you bet they'll be tight-lipped on the next project. Well, it's all I wish them.

And they folded, too bad for them, they'd be 100% responsible, but we'd still have Tamiya, Hasegawa, Kinetic, GWH, Zvezda, ICM, Roden and, when their A-Team is hired, Revell, Kitty Hawk, Hobby Boss and Trumpeter to deliver us exciting new kits.

5 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

Yep, quieter than a patch of dirt. 

Actually, there is starting to be some grumbling from the faithful on Facebook. There was a very long thread with a lot of questioning about what's going on. I think that, unless they release the kit soon, they are going to have to start explaining what's going on to the their faithful fan boys.

6 minutes ago, Mstor said:

Actually, there is starting to be some grumbling from the faithful on Facebook. There was a very long thread with a lot of questioning about what's going on. I think that, unless they release the kit soon, they are going to have to start explaining what's going on to the their faithful fan boys.

I meant from AMK themselves. 

4 hours ago, Dave Roof said:

I meant from AMK themselves. 

Yes, 'tis true, but before the fan boys were all die hard. Now there are some cracks in the ranks. They are vocally wondering what is going on.

1 hour ago, habu2 said:

Oh ye of little faith. There’s still an hour left before the end of the year. There’s still time..........

🎱  🎱  🎱  🎱  🎱

Aaaaaaannnndddddd it's gone....

12 hours ago, Janissary said:

I bet they are fixing the mistakes and decided to remain silent until all is ready.

There is also the possibility that they paused the Tomcat to do tooling for another company. This was apparently the case with the HazMAT Bronco.
Gotta pay them bills...

38 minutes ago, delide said:

Hmmm... the tail boom to fuselage transition looks very fat again(in this case fat=ugly to me)

This topic should be renamed the "About fat butts" 🙂

Edited by Laurent

Liposuction is a class of plastic surgery.  Just as Kim Kardashian would use plastic surgery to reduce her rear-end to more normal proportions, the modeler would have to do the same with the AMK Tomcat.

Altering human germ cells to manipulate physical characteristics of babies is pretty much taboo so anyone experimenting so is not saying a word.  AMK is altering the Tomcat "germ cell"
(mold/mould) to change the resulting baby and is being very hush-hush about it, too.

Of course, there are people who think Kim Kardashian's proportions are just fine as they are, and so there will be people who like the AMK Tomcat just fine with a big butt.

Hope this new year treats y'all well.

Edited by Slartibartfast
53 minutes ago, Slartibartfast said:

Liposuction is a class of plastic surgery.  Just as Kim Kardashian would use plastic surgery to reduce her rear-end to more normal proportions, the modeler would have to do the same with the AMK Tomcat.

Altering human germ cells to manipulate physical characteristics of babies is pretty much taboo so anyone experimenting so is not saying a word.  AMK is altering the Tomcat "germ cell"
(mold/mould) to change the resulting baby and is being very hush-hush about it, too.

Of course, there are people who think Kim Kardashian's proportions are just fine as they are, and so there will be people who like the AMK Tomcat just fine with a big butt.

Hope this new year treats y'all well.

I never thought of the "Kardashian Complex" in our hobby.........Well said Sir....Well said!