• 3 weeks later...

They'd better plan on running three shifts a day at the AMK factory when this one hits the streets!

injection molding equipment doesn't do well at three shifts a day. Very hard on the pumps. I'm just kind of wanting AMK to realize that there will be a VERY serious demand for these kits. The Mig 31 only opened a lot of eyes, and they are already pacing the floor waiting and waiting for the kits to show up. I think I'm going to go with two F14a's and one each of the B&D models. Just have to find a place to stash them!

gary

So mechanical pumps need to sleep? I'm not aware of any such requirement for machinery. Most of it likes to be used more than it likes to sit.

if you know anything about maintaining equipment and injection molding processes, then you'd know exactly what I was referring to.

High pressure hydraulics build up a lot of heat, causing the fluids (not everybody uses oil)to break down. When this happens the pumps go south in about ten minutes; costing lots and lots of big time dollars (you can buy a Corvette for the price of one large Oil Gear Pump). You run two shifts and pull basic PM the other shift (cleaning tubes and filters is the easy part). You act like a typical bean counter that has zero knowledge about manufacturing.

gary