Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jennings

AMK 1/48 F-14!!!

Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, joscasle said:

 

 

Ok, but we really need another 1/48 Tomcat? 

"Need"? No, this is a hobby... no one NEEDS anything.

 

As. Tomcat fan though, while there are kits that will always be "good enough" for me (the revell tomcat will always be a favorite for me. Good shape, easy to build, easy to modify), I will never not be excited about a new, more accurate and easier to build kit on the market (read: Tamiya).

 

I was initially just as excited about the AMK, until images of the real plastic started leaking, then instead of being transparent about listening to our concerns, they tried to deflect, saying "hey, look at our multi-piece wings!" Or "hey, look at our one-piece nose!" (A superfluous design choice, in most tomcat kits the nose halves go together without issue), or "hey, look at our multi-piece canopy!" (Another party foul, as was recently pointed out).

 

I want to be happy about this kit, but all AMK has done so far is succeeded at putting together an extremely expensive detail set I can part out on other, better shaped tomcat kits. They got so hung up on trying to make the most detailed kit that they could, that they forgot their fundamentals starting with the basic shape. I wish thet would have gotten ambitious and pooched a completely different design,  because a tomcat with an accurate shape and and as much detail as AMK had boasted would have been impressive to see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Solo said:

Of course I am a little bit suprised AMK made this kit with such faults (it had supposed to be ultimate model of Tomcat, as far as I remember), but frankly said I am not abe to understand what is the problem. Such minor and potential mistakes shouldn't be a reason to total depreciating of this kit, especially basing only on some accidental pictures. I am glad AMK made so much options: canopy with frame and glass or separate frame, 2 pairs of wings, engine exhausts opened or closed, all control surfaces movable, refueling proble extended or not, airbrakes up or down and probably many more. Add to this real plenty of ordnance: all possible for F-14D missiles, bombs, and pods. I don't care that something in this model is moved forward for 2 milimeters, or a little exaggerated. For me this kit looks extremely exciting, and I want it asap.

Good. Anything and everything the rest of us have to say in this thread has absolutely zero bearing on you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Skull Leader said:

"Need"? No, this is a hobby... no one NEEDS anything.

 

As. Tomcat fan though, while there are kits that will always be "good enough" for me (the revell tomcat will always be a favorite for me. Good shape, easy to build, easy to modify), I will never not be excited about a new, more accurate and easier to build kit on the market (read: Tamiya).

 

I was initially just as excited about the AMK, until images of the real plastic started leaking, then instead of being transparent about listening to our concerns, they tried to deflect, saying "hey, look at our multi-piece wings!" Or "hey, look at our one-piece nose!" (A superfluous design choice, in most tomcat kits the nose halves go together without issue), or "hey, look at our multi-piece canopy!" (Another party foul, as was recently pointed out).

 

I want to be happy about this kit, but all AMK has done so far is succeeded at putting together an extremely expensive detail set I can part out on other, better shaped tomcat kits. They got so hung up on trying to make the most detailed kit that they could, that they forgot their fundamentals starting with the basic shape. I wish thet would have gotten ambitious and pooched a completely different design,  because a tomcat with an accurate shape and and as much detail as AMK had boasted would have been impressive to see.

Exactly that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Skull Leader said:

Anything and everything the rest of us have to say in this thread has absolutely zero bearing on you.

 

In my country there is such adage: you believe your eyes or my words? 😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

So, AMK released a Fat Tomcat with a short fuselage, crooked legs and flopped tail?

 

Whoo, I want one !

 

 

AMKF14jpg.jpg

Edited by cag_200

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, shion said:

More shots (by AMK this time):

 

64619254_1280226332142191_17076447660002

 

65427571_1280226355475522_68042710664630

 

 

 

65507696_1280226405475517_89644684962640

 

65524733_1280226435475514_51525606860558

 

 

 

Those images look a little different than the previous ones, these ones look more like the first molds with the "wider hips" .  The forward fuselage also doesn't appear to be a short either in these ones. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Whiskey said:

 

c86.jpg

 

You're on the right track but I was thinking more of:

 

 

34u6mn.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, zerosystem said:

 

Those images look a little different than the previous ones, these ones look more like the first molds with the "wider hips" .  The forward fuselage also doesn't appear to be a short either in these ones. 

 

It's the same show, the same table and the same day.

AMK brought 2 build kits to this show, one in cat configuration, one in parking configuration.

Same kits were "analyzed" by some modelers (first pics provided pages ago).

 

So both kits have the wider hips, both have all defaults detailed since the first appearance of this kit.

Plus several others.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Whiskey said:

 

c86.jpg

 

To quote from the song referenced on top about this thread, "It goes on and on and on and on." 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/16/2018 at 10:32 AM, Jonathan_Lotton said:

All of this will be answered when the kit releases....which even by AMK's own statement would have been "this summer"

If it makes it to the US by Christmas I'll be surprised..at that point it would only be two years late...

 I'm a little burnt out from the nonsense with this kit and AMK!

 Not that anybody cares, but I will wait for the GWH offering,  see how it  compares.   We will probably only have to wait another 5 years for another AMK kit to be released! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It all depends on the pricing. If AMK's will be similar to Foxhound (€65) and GWH will oscillate around €75 (just like their Flanker) but shape will be correct then I'll be not regretting these extra €10 per kit. I am not a speed builer so it wont't hit my pocket badly. And if the pricing will differ around €20-25 then who knows... I want to build more models in-flight so all these extra details are not really that important for me. I'd rather see seated pilots in the kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For a second I thought it said "I am wrong" around the fatty portion of the tail but I read it closer and it was signed by Kam Wong. Sorry, but I got a little chuckle out of that. 😁

 

Bill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How wrong is it of me to say that just want to be the one that makes this to the 200 page mark?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, niart17 said:

For a second I thought it said "I am wrong" around the fatty portion of the tail but I read it closer and it was signed by Kam Wong. Sorry, but I got a little chuckle out of that. 😁

 

Bill

Hihihihi ... beautiful!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Don't underestimate the power of the ARC Critic.  This thread will go 300 pages - easy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Whiskey said:

How wrong is it of me to say that just want to be the one that makes this to the 200 page mark?

Totally cool hihihi.

 

Matter of fact .... herewith I am contributing to that very goal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, habu2 said:

Don't underestimate the power of the ARC Critic.  This thread will go 300 pages - easy.

 

 This thread has turned into the mouthy ugly chick with big'uns. It's nasty, but you still gotta take a look...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is probably the most entertaining thread currently on ARC. In fact, aside from the "I'm leaving ARC" threads from eons ago (which were highly entertaining and tops in my book :woot.gif:!) and the Tomcat retirement arguments...errr....threads...this thread is most definitely top five all time material.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Whiskey said:

How wrong is it of me to say that just want to be the one that makes this to the 200 page mark?

 

I would like to see 200 pages before anyone actually gets their hands on a kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, dylan said:

 

I would like to see 200 pages before anyone actually gets their hands on a kit.

That won't be hard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, zerosystem said:

 

 

34u6mn.jpg

Right in the wallet for those who pre ordered. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, B.Sin said:

That won't be hard.

 

 

As President AMK said so famously:

 

”But why, some say, 200 pages? Why choose this as our goal? And they may well ask why climb the highest mountain? Why, 189 pages ago, fly the Atlantic? Why does Rice play Texas?   We choose to go to 200 pages. We choose to go to 200 pages in this thread by the time this kit is released, not because it is hard, but because it is easy......”

 

.

edit : I like this ending better 🙂

Edited by habu2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...