Jump to content
ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jennings

AMK 1/48 F-14!!!

Recommended Posts

Maybe a couple of decades more  before we could find the official kit at our LHSs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My bet is you’ll see the GWH 1/48 kit before you see the AMK kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Sleepy said:

My bet is you’ll see flying cars before you see the AMK kit.

 

fixed....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Sleepy said:

My bet is you’ll see the GWH 1/48 kit before you see the AMK kit.

Is possible, but we need 1/48 F-14B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it difficult to make F-14B from F-14D kit?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Solo said:

Is it difficult to make F-14B from F-14D kit?

Different Instrument Panels and different Ejection seats. No evidence of glove vanes. Is just of the top of my head.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You would also need those antenna strange bulges on the front leading edge next to the intakes (inheritance form the A airframes as far as I know), the main and easiest visual differentiation between the B and the D.

  

Best regards

Gabor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, habu2 said:

 

fixed....

  11 hours ago, Sleepy said:

My bet is you’ll see flying cars before you see the AMK kit.

On Mars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, sierrascale said:
  11 hours ago, Sleepy said:

My bet is you’ll see flying cars before you see the AMK kit.

On Mars.


I´ve already seen both of those!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎7‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 12:55 AM, Solo said:

Is it difficult to make F-14B from F-14D kit?

I converted my Tamiya F-14D kit into a B using Steel Beach parts. Ejection seats, TCS pod, ECM antennas, and RIO instrument panel. It wasn't a difficult task at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I ordered the trees from Tamiya from the A kit to convert the D to a B. I acquired the A seats from someone here on ARC in the spares section and ordered the Quickboost TCM pod. Not sure if I have the ECM blisters that go on the fuselage next to the forward intakes, but I believe I have them in a steal beach set.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, USAFsparkchaser said:

I ordered the trees from Tamiya from the A kit to convert the D to a B. I acquired the A seats from someone here on ARC in the spares section and ordered the Quickboost TCM pod. Not sure if I have the ECM blisters that go on the fuselage next to the forward intakes, but I believe I have them in a steal beach set.

 

They are also available separately.

 

ECM blisters

 

I actually have a B conversion almost ready to go. It will have everything you need, including a PTID screen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

No hay descripción de la foto disponible.

 

 Looks awful. I'll take 2 please!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, IAGeezer said:

 

 Looks awful. I'll take 2 please!!

Funny!

 

Gene K

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm still not convinced the rear end is  totally  Incorrect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, B.Sin said:

I'm still not convinced the rear end is  totally  Incorrect.

 

Brad, do you think the rear end on this kit is too big (or complex) for somebody to come out with an aftermarket correction set soon after the AMK kit is finally released, like Hypersonic Models did with the Zoukei-Mura Phantom kits?

The incorrect rear end is about the only issue which puts me off buying this kit so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Hubbie Marsten said:

 

Brad, do you think the rear end on this kit is too big (or complex) for somebody to come out with an aftermarket correction set soon after the AMK kit is finally released, like Hypersonic Models did with the Zoukei-Mura Phantom kits?

The incorrect rear end is about the only issue which puts me off buying this kit so far.

There is always the GWH kit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, B.Sin said:

I'm still not convinced the rear end is  totally  Incorrect.

 

 I think the wing seal bladder is part of the issue. With the wings swept back, I think it will look better. Maybe a replacement bladder would solve some of the issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If AMK did an A model, would they had to tool a new  forward fuselage section? If so, that would

be an  opportunity for them to   correct  the in flight refueling bay position. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Darren Roberts said:

 

 I think the wing seal bladder is part of the issue. With the wings swept back, I think it will look better. Maybe a replacement bladder would solve some of the issues.

For many the whole point of this kit was to have the wings forward and everything hanging out :-) . For wings back - why not Tamiya?   

 

I'd like to see the other side of the nose as well...

Edited by a4s4eva

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Hrrrrrpppffffmmmmm ..... 😟

it is what it is.

Maybe some time in the future the kit will be obsolete (for the then "Tomcat to end all Tomcats"😬 ) and will be available for 20 bugs. Then I'll definitely go for it.

Edited by bushande

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, a4s4eva said:

For many the whole point of this kit was to have the wings forward and everything hanging out 🙂 . For wings back - why not Tamiya?   

 

I'd like to see the other side of the nose as well...

 

You're definitely correct that that's the main draw to this kit. I think maybe if there was an aftermarket bladder, it might help the shape for those that want a dirty wing. I'm hoping the fit is good. So far Tamiya has been the only Tomcat kit I haven't had to battle into submission, although I haven't built the HB kit yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...