ARC Discussion Forums
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
  • advertisement_alt
Jennings

AMK 1/48 F-14!!!

Posted (edited)

As I stated on Facebook it's perspective distortion the model is totally correct it's the dress all over again but this time is on the modeling scene meme

Sio I can't wait to get my hands on that one little beast 

ZomboMeme 19082019132338.jpg

68694894_10218576073369014_2955694758216859648_n.jpg

Edited by piko1

30 minutes ago, piko1 said:

As I stated on Facebook it's perspective distortion the model is totally correct it's the dress all over again but this time is on the modeling scene meme

Sio I can't wait to get my hands on that one little beast 

ZomboMeme 19082019132338.jpg

Lens distorsion doesn't work this way, it doesn't take only one detail in particular and alters his representation.

If a certain detail is wrong, especially on differents photos by different photographers during different events, maybe this detail is just wrong.

And as manufacturer the best way to show your product representation is right, is providing decent shots of the finished product, not using outsiders who will take the flak in your place.

2 minutes ago, shion said:

Lens distorsion doesn't work this way, it doesn't take only one detail in particular and alters his representation.

If a certain detail is wrong, especially on differents photos by different photographers during different events, maybe this detail is just wrong.

And as manufacturer the best way to show your product representation is right, is providing decent shots of the finished product, not using outsiders who will take the flak in your place.

so you try to argue with a Nurse that actually understands both  neuroscience and vision science and your opinion is based on 2-3 photos i saw all the photos i even mirrored some its optical illusion / optical distortion...

14 hours ago, DIO said:

Which are the best available plans for the F-14 in the market? Book?

Northrop-Grumman.

Reason why Tamiya decided to pay a license.

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, piko1 said:

so you try to argue with a Nurse that actually understands both  neuroscience and vision science and your opinion is based on 2-3 photos i saw all the photos i even mirrored some its optical illusion / optical distortion...

you're too late by a least 10 months.

We already talked about this curves here and other people did the same elsewhere.

There's no point now trying to deny this fact.

And as I said previously, AMK had since nov 2018 one job, correct it (then show the correction) or admit it.

They took a third way,  it didn't work and it still doesn't, reason why they're just  stuck now.

Edited by shion

18 hours ago, Sio said:

Congratulations! I will send you a Tomcat. PM me.

Wow thats so cool

Im jealous now!!! 

23 hours ago, gb_madcat_sl said:

Pre-production kit being built. Hips don’t lie. 

48567018401_4c30573d6e_b.jpg

That's Confirmed. Those hips are so off even Stevie Wonder would be able to tell...

Not buying it even for those sweet wings.

According to his profile, SIO was here 18 hours ago. So it seems that he IS watching this thread.

SIO profile...

Maybe he will have second thoughts and make mold changes to fix these problems before releasing the next Tomcat version? Wishful thinking?

Scott

CNJC-IPMS

19 hours ago, ChernayaAkula said:

Would you kindly retract that part about the mentally ill? 

Thank you.

Forgive the off topic comment, but why? It is pretty obvious the context of that comment was in no way referring to those with a disability of any sort. 

Back to the kit. May not get the F-14 (not sure either way), but am definitely looking forward to picking up an ordnance set or two!

I also count on it. If he admits there is a mistake and is going to try to fix it then I'd even buy D version to support AMK. But if other versions will be released with no rework then... well, I just finished HB F-14, can deal with another one. Still would like to try this fitting and all that AMK has came up with tho. 

12 minutes ago, Manuel J. Armas S. said:

No hay descripción de la foto disponible.

That's quite a big gap.

The difference in width nearly double when the section approaches the wing.

So we finally know, It's not the fact the aft is too wide, it's the wing section which is too narrow and curves too much.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, shion said:

That's quite a big gap.

So we finally know, It's not the fact the aft is too wide, it's the wing section which is too narrow and curves too much.

?

What are you talking about? Pictures show curve on the tamiya  fuselage is almost identical to AMK one. However the thing is, the top fuselage part of tamiya is slightly different. 

Edited by foxmulder_ms

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, shion said:

That's quite a big gap.

hmmm, look I know you wish to see some errors, but at the end you might find yourself a bit disappointed...

bare in mind that fuselages are not aligned, and the picture was take from the side, not directly above

curve and size of the waist is pretty much the same on AMK and Tamiya according to the pictures that recently emerged on facebook

EDIT: my 1111 post 🤣

Edited by skuki

68697903_215726259392019_755311819098161

Please compare top lines of fuselage side (bottom lines on the photo then). Are you sure they are identical? 

Posted (edited)

Can't be sure they are identical, no. In fact, I think that it is almost impossible that they are identical. Can't be sure which one is closer to the real thing, also. But in any case I'm sure it isn't OMG-ISSUE-HORROR-SHAPE-CURVE that was yesterday

Edited by skuki

Posted (edited)

Well, technically it's not big but optically it matters. Human eye (not everyones apparently) can be "tricked" easily, sometimes even 1mm may make significan difference, especially when you are used to some shapes. I can assure you, that if I draw square and then bend one side by 1 pixel your eye will see difference and brain will tell you that something's wrong - you won't see much difference looking closely, but your brain will realize "it's not a square". 

As you see on Tamiyas model  upper and bottom side lines are different, meanwhile on AMK they go along. And I believe that's - as my brain says - is also wrong.

Edit.

In fact, both bottom lines seem to be exactly same. the difference is in upper side fuselage lines. This is why on exactly top comparisons both look the same, but adding the angle and light the difference is visible.

Edited by Tapchan

Posted (edited)
35 minutes ago, skuki said:

hmmm, look I know you wish to see some errors, but at the end you might find yourself a bit disappointed...

bare in mind that fuselages are not aligned, and the picture was take from the side, not directly above

curve and size of the waist is pretty much the same on AMK and Tamiya according to the pictures that recently emerged on facebook

EDIT: my 1111 post 🤣

I don't wish errors, I see differences.

If both fuselages aren't aligned, these pic is simply useless.

So, taken as hypothesis fuselages are aligned, the two aft side curves are supposed to be aligned.

But they're definetely not:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/1ee57f1303307344

Edited by shion

Simply, AMK kit get's distorted on photos, other kits do not (even if they both are on the same photo.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, shion said:

I don't wish errors, I see differences.

If both fuselages aren't aligned, these pic is simply useless.

So, taken as hypothesis fuselages are aligned, the two aft side curves are supposed to be aligned.

But they're definetely not:

http://www.imagebam.com/image/1ee57f1303307344

Picture is not useless because it is not trying to compare the size of the waist, but the shape of the curve, to show that the curve is not overemphasized as stated by some.

And here comes red, green and even blue lines.... sorry dude but you can not compare like this, for a bunch of reasons. And if i need to have precise measures with a tool and red green and blue lines to see the differences compared to another kit, not the real thing, they I can't take this to be some major fault in shape

Edited by skuki

As I said on facebook...I think the biggest shape issue is in the engine fairing for the AMK model...it angles in too sharply which enhances the shape difference. If the fairing was more shallow and gentle in the curve I suspect the shape issue would largely vanish

5 minutes ago, madcop said:

Ahhhhhhhhh, blue lines now. We missed those !🤣

😅